• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones spills over into real USA life via Twitter:

Rains of Castamere now playing at Eric Cantor campaign HQ.
— pourmecoffee (@pourmecoffee) June 10, 2014

... but vere iz ze headcrusheen?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION], I'm impressed that you put that together as a pure show-watcher. I don't even remember LS being discussed in the show. And yeah, there is an ongoing heated debate on the topic but that seems to be the most popular theory.

I'm kinda cranky about the overt Sam-Gilly romance stuff. I kinda preferred how they did it in the book. I'm probably just blindly reacting to change, though. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My case was pretty much all intuitive/inductive at first, based on tone and feel of the conversations and the situation surrounding Jon, Ned's character, the fact the boy is still genetically a Stark, why Jon's life might have been in danger and such a ruse might have been necessary, etc. it was the puzzle arrangement that makes the most sense to me, and then I filled in the gaps after once I learned more detail.

GRRM is still prone to flipping things around, but he definitely set it up to be a good possibility.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]:

Lena Headey has really grown on me as Cersei. I hated her during the first season, as she lacked book Cersei's fire and only had a single facial expression that involved arching her eyebrows. She's really come into the role, though. Even though she's still understated in comparison to the books, she does a great job with playing Cersei's underlying emotional motivations.

On Jon's Mother:

PS: I did some exploration of my own, and now believe I know how the season will end. And if I'm right, it's going to be AMAZING.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Udog, yes, I've been told Martin has told characters private info that their characters would know, to help them play those kinds of scenes. He doesn't tell them stuff that their characters wouldn't know, but yes... that would make sense. and I watched some scenes the second time after thinking about things, and I find them really interesting.

I agree that Lena is good in the role (although I don't know the books). I don't like Cersei at all, but Lena has improved at it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Udog, yes, I've been told Martin has told characters private info that their characters would know, to help them play those kinds of scenes. He doesn't tell them stuff that their characters wouldn't know, but yes... that would make sense. and I watched some scenes the second time after thinking about things, and I find them really interesting.

It seems a basic theme of the first season that every time someone makes a reference to speaking with Jon about something one day....

I agree that Lena is good in the role (although I don't know the books). I don't like Cersei at all, but Lena has improved at it.

The scene where Robert and Ned eat lunch and discuss Danerys (the first time...not the Council meeting) and the subject of Jon's mother comes up is also played in a very interesting fashion. He doesn't really indicate any agreement with Robert's account of what happened. It almost looks like he's trying to avoid saying something...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The scene where Robert and Ned eat lunch and discuss Danerys (the first time...not the Council meeting) and the subject of Jon's mother comes up is also played in a very interesting fashion. He doesn't really indicate any agreement with Robert's account of what happened. It almost looks like he's trying to avoid saying something...
Exactly. I think I talked about that a few days back in my first spoilers on this. It's really interesting to watch with this topic in mind.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly. I think I talked about that a few days back in my first spoilers on this. It's really interesting to watch with this topic in mind.

Should that have been spoiler space? There is no confirmation of it in the books.

I thought the last episode worked better than Blackwater. Blackwater didn't feel as epic to me as it should have.. to the point where I was worried they were going to cut all that cool stuff atop the wall. This episode, though, delivered, and surpassed my expectations. I tend to feel like this show works best when it takes the time to focus more on one location, rather than moving things along slowly episode by episode. Not saying that I'd like all episodes to be one location only next season (that won't happen), but I'd like more longer scenes like the one with Arya and the Hound that closed the premiere.

We're seeing problems with Good people who are noble but not cunning, and we're seeing problems with Good people who are passionate but too headstrong. Good won't triumph just because it's good, it'll be because it manages to be as wise as a serpent, as peaceful as a dove, as resilient as steel, as flexible as the wind.

Oh, and I really liked this sentence, by the way. It's awesome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Should that have been spoiler space? There is no confirmation of it in the books.

I didn't know if it was or not when I posted, and I also didn't want to "ruin the mystery" for others who might be thinking about it, if they wanted to try to figure it out for themselves. Just a courtesy.

I thought the last episode worked better than Blackwater. Blackwater didn't feel as epic to me as it should have.. to the point where I was worried they were going to cut all that cool stuff atop the wall. This episode, though, delivered, and surpassed my expectations. I tend to feel like this show works best when it takes the time to focus more on one location, rather than moving things along slowly episode by episode. Not saying that I'd like all episodes to be one location only next season (that won't happen), but I'd like more longer scenes like the one with Arya and the Hound that closed the premiere.

It depends on the threads they're dealing with, and I do think in some episodes they've done a really fine job with thematically tying together disparate but parallel narrative threads in an episode; but yeah, there is something to be said about focus. I admit it's pretty much the most I've been able to care about the Jon Snow storyline, despite liking his character.

(Note the jumping around is part of Martin's own book structure.)

Blackwater was pretty underwhelming to me, even as a non-book-reader. To me, it came across as a production/budget/time issue rather than how they wanted to handle it, I'm sure. But yeah -- a bunch of burning ships in the harbor, and what looked like a 25x25 yard with people fighting. Not particularly epic or frightening.

Oh, and I really liked this sentence, by the way. It's awesome.

Thanks, I was on a roll.... lol.

Qre:us

^ put in spoiler tags. Thanks, Nico, I was speculating but might be revealing something that's not yet revealed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
da7c0be43de0e50262f7ea2c5da5b3d5f75a0e0b.jpg

10454129_1466530203587777_1303806417_n.jpg

Only a few more days until the Season 4 66-minute finale.
Kind of crazy that I've already seen spoiler articles up about it.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Predictions for Season 4 finale:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

....hmmmm.... just to throw a huge wrench into the narrative and send all the precariously balanced relationships toppling... what if Tywin were to die right about now?

That would be a gamechanger.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fans of the A Song Of Ice And Fire novels and the TV adaptation A Game Of Thrones know that horses appear frequently in the series. Some people assume that when I wrote these books, I must have had at least a passing knowledge of horses, but the truth is that when I began, I’d never seen a horse in my life. In fact, I had absolutely no idea what horses even looked like.

I knew horses were animals of some kind, but beyond that, my entire conception of the way these animals actually looked was based on hearsay and my own speculation.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/when-i-started-writing-game-thrones-i-didnt-know-w-292

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Best bit -- Brienne at 9:01, I want to just clip that snippet out and post it somewhere!

PS. No spoilers really (for Season 4 at least), it's all before Season 4 came out so they were careful.

EDIT: 10:35 -- omg, Cersei actually smiles.