User Tag List

First 242505152535462102152 Last

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Really? He didn't look 16 at all. The actor playing him is 27.
    Jon is 16, too. At this point in the series, Sansa is 13, Arya 10, Bran 7 and Rickon 4. The actors playing them are all older, of course. Oh, and Daenerys is 15.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Bran and Sansa definitely hit puberty this season.

It's the standard TV thing where actors for kids/teenagers are always older than the characters they're supposed to play. Watch any "teen" drama, and it's obvious everyone is in their 20s. It's just something you have to ignore.

(major book 5 spoilers)
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Jon is 16, too. At this point in the series, Sansa is 13, Arya 10, Bran 7 and Rickon 4. The actors playing them are all older, of course. Oh, and Daenerys is 15.
    Interesting. That makes a difference.

So Joffrey I Baratheon is 15 then. He pretty much looks like it and acts like it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think the "cunning" is what turns me off. Lady Olenna just seems like a crafty old lady. Margaery Tyrell is an attractive and incredibly interesting character but how could you ever trust a person like that? Dangerous. Poison. Power hungry. Morals bend to suit whatever situation comes. She just participated with her new husband in murdering that poor woman in their room (they just showed the picture afterwards).
    Before I delve into the specific issues, the intrigue and cunning are some of the best parts of the show/books for me. Anything where I can't really figure out whats going to happen before it does, and makes my brain work hard to keep up is a winner in my book.

Almost no other shows (some books do) have intrigue on the level that GoT does, and that gives me a cine nerd hard on for it.

Margary's role in Ros' death hasn't been fleshed out yet. Yes they had the scene where Margary and Joffrey are basically jerking off his new crossbow, but I'm going to need something a little more concrete than that.

Maybe I'm just thinking Margary is a little better of a person than she is, but the scene where she's giving to the poor is making me give her the benefit of the doubt so far.

Maybe it's better to do the right thing and die than compromise your values and live.

I think Robb was naive and stupid. He sort of had it coming. His mother and Catelyn did not though.

Tyrion and Jon I like. I don't know how strategic either of them are though. Both lack influence and power.

Varys is someone that I just am not attached to as a character at all.

Tywin Lannister is scum. Melisandre is evil. Stannis Baratheon is weak.

The one person I'm advocating for now that is left and seems to be in a position of having a chance of winning the game is Daenerys Targaryen.

New things develop though and I don't know what will happen.
    Maybe it is better, but if your going to choose play the game of thrones it's not a winning strategy.

If that was my stance I would just try to find the guy who was going to win, and be his loyal vassal and keep my virtue in tact.

If your going to stand on top, you've got to get your hands dirty.

Tyrion is brilliant playing the game, maybe not quite as good as Varys/Littlefinger (not as much practice) but just as talented. They also don't have the constraints of being tied to houses with members more powerful than themselves.

Jon isn't in the same league. He's smarter than Robb and Ned in this regard, mostly because he wasn't the chosen son, but I'm hoping he won't succumb to the same trap. But being smarter than Ned and Robb at playing the game doesn't make one an all star. Without seeing him have to use his wits much (the wall the knights watch and the wildlings don't provide too many instances for us to see his talents) its hard to say how adept he would be.

The scenes with Varys, especially if he's talking to Littlefinger, Tyrion, Olenna (or other smarties) is always a delight for me.

Tywin while certainly a bad guy mostly for his ruthlessness, isn't even close to the level of Joffrey, Gregor Clegane,
    etc..

If Tywin was the king and there weren't massive ongoing threats to his family, I think his rule would be infinitely better than Joffrey's, or the Mad Kings, or Robert's for that matter (Tywin is much better at the day to day running of things).

Tywin is also another smarty who I greatly enjoy. Charles Dance is perfect for him casting wise.

I think of Stannis much the same way as far as how good his rule would be. He certainly not as quick as Tywin though (he would never be manipulated by Melisandre that way). Stannis' ruthlessness is in service to his code, but he would run things efficiently as well.

I don't know enough about Melisandre to really have a good read on her yet. I don't like her or trust her but she gets it done.

Dany is a good person, but she frustrates me frequently along the same lines as naive characters in the story. She will need good advisers, and thinkers to keep her ship afloat in the long run I suspect.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Dany is a good person, but she frustrates me frequently along the same lines as naive characters in the story. She will need good advisers, and thinkers to keep her ship afloat in the long run I suspect.
    Spoiler for book five.

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Spoiler for book five.

I was trying to obliquely refer to that.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INtP

Just going to put this in a spoiler - it's speculation, but touches on the general topic in MSG's spoiler...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Just going to put this in a spoiler - it's speculation, but touches on the general topic in MSG's spoiler...

Big book five spoliers:

MBTI
    STFU

maybe its just me but the re-casting of maester aemon kinda threw me off.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    maybe its just me but the re-casting of maester aemon kinda threw me off.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't remember if that was the same guy or not.

Loved the scene between Jon and Ygritte.

Rose Leslie deserves a bigger role than this the next time around. I hope she gets folded into the HBO regulars along with Michael Kenneth Williams, Aiden Gillen, and whatever the guys name is they have playing Edmure who was also Brutus in Rome.

I could watch Rose Leslie wait for a phone call.

Anyway enough about that, it was great to see Bran and co. meet up with Sam and co.

The scene with Arya getting some small measure of payback wasn't in the books (IIRC) but was needed to placate viewers after last week.

I was kind of disappointed in the Dany scene at the end. As a book reader I was looking for something a little more substantive from her arc. After teasing us with the Jorah/Greyworm/Daario battle, they then just kind of glossed over Dany laying Yunkai low. Great now she has some adoring fans.

I hope this next season gives us some better choreographed smaller battles. The show is great, but where it falls most short of the books for me is when it comes up against budgetary constraints. The happens most obviously where the big battles are concerned.

Where it has made up for this for me, has been when we've have much smaller fights between highly skilled swordsmen. The Fight between Jaime and Ned in the first season comes to mind. Less so the fight between Brienne and Jaime (since he wasn't at his full strength b/c of his incarceration). The hound vs Beric Dondarion wasn't bad either.

I'd much rather watch that than a scene where Tyrion gets knocked out and we miss a large battle that they staged for half an hour. I was really pissed they glossed over the battle at the fist of the first men at the very beginning of this season.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so