• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I have been waiting for two whole weeks to respond to this comment...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
regarding the Unsullied: Of course, the show might not be the same as the book. They already added the scene last night that is triggering this discussion. Maybe they changed other.... uh... elements too, so the actors have... uh... more to work with? ;)

Oh, [MENTION=994]kelric[/MENTION], don't be mean... lol.
But yeah, processing that was a total headscrambler. I don't think I saw THAT coming.

My curiosity got the best of me, so I did find on the 'net today whether The Mountain survives the day... but I only know the yes/no answer and read nothing else. Aside from that, I'm trying to bury my head in the sand again.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read it in the book after -- the show seemed even more brutal to me because of all the emotional resonance and the visuals. Gawd.
Lol, I just remember thinking "what a fucking dumbass" when I read it. YOU ALREADY WON THE GODDAMN FIGHT, JUST FUCKING FINISH IT.

But yeah, seeing his head squished like a grape definetely produced a stronger visceral response.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been waiting for two whole weeks to respond to this comment...

Book spoilers:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I knew it, I knew he has to die! RIP another short living character from a cruel world of GOT :(

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, I just remember thinking "what a fucking dumbass" when I read it. YOU ALREADY WON THE GODDAMN FIGHT, JUST FUCKING FINISH IT.

But yeah, seeing his head squished like a grape definetely produced a stronger visceral response.

When I saw this online today: It looks like Oberyn found out in the book from Tyrion the truth of the rumors about who killed his sister -- apparently Tyrion had promised to offer him justice when he was the Hand, but by the time Oberyn got to the city, Tywin was the Hand and had reneged, he was going to lie and say a different knight had killed all the people in question (a knight who had already been convicted, I think). So Tyrion gives him the information anyway, and Oberyn in the book thus went into the fight already knowing the truth.

I think in the show then, it works a little better because I don't think the rumors have yet been verified, Oberyn is still working from suspicion. (When he and Tyrion first meet, he says the rumor was that the Mountain had split her in two.) SO it's why he so badly wants and needs to hear that confession, to make it totally clear. As it is, when the Mountain finally confesses, he states he killed Elia differently than the original rumor had said.

We will have to see if there is political fallout, from one of the Lannister's knights admitting he raped and killed a noble woman and her two children during the taking of the city. And whether Tywin will get hit with backsplash. (considering how things work, I suspect Tywin will just sweep it under the rug and deny all.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aw look, they're still the best of buds.

1.jpg

PS. For reference, Pedro Pascal is 5'11".

I just enjoyed the BROAD hint about what's going to happen next in King's Landing in a completely unrelated plot line. :happy2:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION].

Finally got around to watching the episode, now I understand. That ending actually made me angry.

I comprehend that the world is like that sometimes, but that narrative was just cheap.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen this season's episodes yet, but as a longtime fan of the books it's incredibly fun to read the discussion and see folks' reaction to the show. :)

That almost seems like reason enough to read the books.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oberyn is an obvious rip-off of this character:

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which of the 5365 episode reviews that mentioned that gave you that idea? Lol

Actually I had to Google what you were talking about, I had no idea it was some sort of meme. Great minds do think alike! I gave up on reading game of throne reviews. A few great shows succeed better than it's prior season. It's focus now is less on plot and more on cheap thrills. The sex, rape, gore, and torture is to be expected in every other episode. Dialogue is getting less witty now that Varys and Littlefinger no longer gets put together. It's still a good show, but I've been watching other things lately to pique my interest much more.

Beorn

Permabanned
That almost seems like reason enough to read the books.

It's true. I'm looking forward to you guys shitting your pants at the end of the season... actually you all won't be the only ones shitting at the end of the season. Lololololol.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's true. I'm looking forward to you guys shitting your pants at the end of the season... actually you all won't be the only ones shitting at the end of the season. Lololololol.

I'm not scared, I wear adult diapers, ask [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION].

R

Riva

Sigh!

He spoke too much and danced around too much. Although when the mountain fell I 'knew' her was going to win and was greatly disappointed to see that I was wrong.

However on a happier note there weren't much John Snow/wall parts in the last episodes. They are so far torture to watch.

When seeing Jonah Mormon riding his horse away from the city the background music was moving; and made me realize that the series doesn't have enough 'silent moments' to enjoy.

I knew it, I knew he has to die! RIP another short living character from a cruel world of GOT :(

+1

Why why why why why after having seen so many great/important/likeable characters die in the series that I still feel miserable to see another one fall?

It's GOT I am watching. It's high time I get used to it.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why why why why why after having seen so many great/important/likeable characters die in the series that I still feel miserable to see another one fall?

Because George RR Martin and pals are evil geniuses.