User Tag List

First 3947484950515999149 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Regarding the season finale:

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

My guess:

Here's the official synopsis for the finale:

Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran tells a ghost story. In Dragonstone, mercy comes from strange quarters. Dany waits to see if she is a conqueror or a liberator.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Not aimed only at you, but you guys might consider being a little more descriptive with your spoilers (i.e. "4th-5th book spoilers"), since not everyone in this thread has read (all of) the books. Since pretty much every post is spoiler tagged, it's not at all clear whether the spoiler tag is for something like the event in the last episode vs. an event that may not appear for another year or two on the show, like the one(s) you mention here.

I realize the fight against spoilers on the internet will never be won, but sometimes people like to discuss a show but still want to experience the show without knowing what will happen. I'm not one of them, since I've read the books, but I know they exist.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Not aimed only at you, but you guys might consider being a little more descriptive with your spoilers (i.e. "4th-5th book spoilers"), since not everyone in this thread has read (all of) the books. Since pretty much every post is spoiler tagged, it's not at all clear whether the spoiler tag is for something like the event in the last episode vs. an event that may not appear for another year or two on the show, like the one(s) you mention here.

I realize the fight against spoilers on the internet will never be won, but sometimes people like to discuss a show but still want to experience the show without knowing what will happen. I'm not one of them, since I've read the books, but I know they exist.
    Noted.

I read all five over the summer two years ago, and I can't quite remember what happens in which book.

Must be getting old.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm actually a little fuzzy on that myself (and for all I know they'll switch around the order like crazy for the show anyway). It'd be nice to know whether spoilers are for the books vs. the show though, since it kinda sucks to get spoiled about events in the distant future - takes away the element of surprise which is a really critical part of why GOT is so entertaining, IMO (I randomly ran into a spoiler for the very end of the 5th book somewhere completely unrelated online, and it was annoying to read the book with that in mind - changes how you read it).
    -end of thread-

I am so annoyed I have to have HBO for this.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm actually a little fuzzy on that myself (and for all I know they'll switch around the order like crazy for the show anyway). It'd be nice to know whether spoilers are for the books vs. the show though, since it kinda sucks to get spoiled about events in the distant future - takes away the element of surprise which is a really critical part of why GOT is so entertaining, IMO (I randomly ran into a spoiler for the very end of the 5th book somewhere completely unrelated online, and it was annoying to read the book with that in mind - changes how you read it).
    This is a valid point. I think I'm probably overly cautious about this, because I had the equivalent events spoiled for me in the book, as well as Ned Stark's death. That being said, the story was good enough that it was shocking even though I was spoiled.

I'm re-reading the 4th book, and I'm liking it better than I did the first time around. Book 4 is about three things. (vague spoilers)

At the time, I only appreciated the second part, because I wanted to know more about those houses. Now, knowing what is trying to be done with the 1st and 3rd parts, and focusing on those themes, I'm able to view it as more than just tying up loose ends from the first three books.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Finally caught up to the last episode in the show. Yayyy another spoiler button. (regarding the aftermath of the red wedding)

And what I think the next episode will end with:
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Most of that stuff can't fit into the next episode.

Spoilers for rest of season 3/season 4

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78