User Tag List

First 234561454104 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    The casting has been very, very well done; especially with the children.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    'Ello, all.

Have you guys seen the super cool awesome fantastic show, Game of Thrones, based on George R.R. Martin's book series? What did you think of the show, the characters, the books, and the potential happenings in the second season? I haven't read the books yet, but I am addicted the show. I can't stop bothering people about midgets with shields and who will plot to take the throne and what creatures will come in winter. Perhaps, I've said too much. Oh well. Come to this thread to discuss the show, but please don't reveal any spoilers about the second season if you've read the books.
    I watched the first season then immediately read all five books. Fantasy has never been my cup of tea but, I absolutely love the books and so far, the series. It sticks fairly close to the book, which is good and I do agree with most of the casting. In particular, Peter Dinklage and Mark Addy (Tyrion Lannister and King Robert Baratheon, respectively).
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've only read through about 2/3 of book 3 (I've got the next 2 books waiting, but I have not been in a reading mood lately, so who knows when I'll finish). I felt the first season did and excelent job of getting the feeling/atmosphere and major plot elements of the book. My only complaint was/is that the dire wolves are far smaller on screen than the in book descriptions would lead one to believe. Season 2 will add some new characters that I'm very much looking forward to seeing and hearing (and a lot of them should be in the first episode since they are introduced in the first chapter of book 2).

I felt the casting was good, in particular, Peter Baelish, Varys, Eddard, Arya, Tyrion, Tywin, Jamie, Cersie, Joffrey and Viserys were all a very good match to what I envisioned from the books.
    Jon Snow and Daenerys were quite different from what I imagined for appearance, but I think the actors for both of them have done a fine job and still capture the essence of the characters.

@Nicodemus
    Which characters do you think were poorly cast?
    (keys2cognition) Fi (47.6), Ne (36.8), Fe (36.8), Si (31.6), Ti (29.7), Ni (27.4), Te (17.2) Se (12.5) - subject to change - last updated 11JAN2012
    * Making consicious effort to improve my Fe...
    My Johari window
    My Nohari window

MBTI
    INTJ
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

read 4/5 books. I didn't like books 3-4 nearly as much as 1-2. the 4th one was almost a chore to get through. hopefully the 5th one is better, but I don't feel like investing in hardcover to find out. the tv series was awesome in the first season, hoping it continues.
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

also, merged
    -end of thread-

I have the first book, but haven't read it yet. Now the show came out and I'm tempted to just start with that. I don't have HBO though... and I'm not sure if it's worth purchasing a whole season on disc, sight unseen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for merging.

This Game of Thrones thread now harnesses the powers of the Old and New gods.

I downloaded the first book, yesterday.

Favorite characters in the first season:

Tyrion Lannister

Bronn

Arya

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    Which characters do you think were poorly cast?
    Most. It is easier to mention the ones they got right: Tyrion, Tywin, Jon, Daenerys; Varys, Robb and some of the minor characters are okay as well.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) won a Golden Globe tonight.

Well deserved.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~