• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, I suspect many might say the same. Sanza is more like an actual person and so isn't as interesting. When I watch fiction I don't want to be reminded about my own reality, after all.

Yeah, well now ya'll have me thinkin' about Sansa more.....though not much more :D

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

"Was it rape when he forced himself on her next to their dead son's body? Yes. Undoubtedly, even if the director of the episode, Alex Graves, claimed "it became consensual by the end." It was rape — and the scene seemed to ruin Jaime Lannister in many fans' eyes."

It's like the whole article dismisses the director's intentions, "consensual by the end."

It's like to me, that scene, was more Cersei's protesting cuz dead-Joffrey was right there. Not that that's an excuse, but "rape" in those times was as common as murdering a Stark. My bigger point is that it doesn't make Jaimie a monster. Well shit, he kind of already is; he does like to defenestrate children. Keep that in mind. It's all relative. These are murdering, manipulative, lying, amoral characters here. This show does a fantastic job of making evil characters likeable. What's one half-rape added to the mix?

Jaimie is pretty conflicted, but I think after that hate/rape/sex scene followed by the Brienne Fuck gaze may have settled him. Plus his visit to Tyrion. Plus being humbled by losing his hand. Plus Bronn being his little Mr. Miyagi telling him that Tyrion chose Jamie for his Champion. Greasy, whoring, drunk Bronn uniting Jaimie with Tyrion on the sly.

That was a funny article about Theon having his Hodor hodored off by some crazy hodoring bastard.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HODOR!!

Well, I don't know if he LIKED to defenestrate kids.
He just didn't mind doing it, for love, that one time.
I haven't seen him going around whistling a defenestration tune and pushing kids loose for kicks.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HODOR!!

Well, I don't know if he LIKED to defenestrate kids.
He just didn't mind doing it, for love, that one time.
I haven't seen him going around whistling a defenestration tune and pushing kids loose for kicks.

No need to split hairs, lil INTP :shock: And actually in the deleted scene, they show Jamie's Defenestration of Small Children Happy Whistle Song. But audiences didn't respond well to all that wreckless defenestration.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More about Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey.

Gleeson was born in Cork....Gleeson is a student of Trinity College, Dublin studying philosophy and theology,[2] ...

Gleeson began acting at the age of seven in the Independent Theatre Workshop.[5] His first roles were in films such as Batman Begins (2005), Shrooms (2007), and A Shine of Rainbows (2009).[6] In 2010, he appeared in a leading role in All Good Children. The reviewer for Variety magazine considered Gleeson "the pic's big discovery".[7]

Gleeson starred as Joffrey Baratheon in the first four seasons of the HBO series Game of Thrones.[8] He cites Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator as an influence on his performance.[9]

....In 2012, Gleeson indicated an intention to retire from acting to pursue an academic career once his work on Game of Thrones was finished.[2] ...Gleeson confirmed his temporary retirement from acting in 2014.[10]

Didn't know he was in Batman Begins (was he the boy Batman gives something to?), but I can see Commodus coming out in GoT... just turned up another notch.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About Jaime and Cersei

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Huh, I'm going to have to re-read the books now. I was really shocked and unhappy with that scene because I didn't remember it at all and it really conflicts with my impression of Jaime as a character (from the books, but also from the show until now). Maybe I just skimmed over it. It really does change a lot about his character, I think.

(not really a)

but whatever

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD
More about Jack Gleeson AKA Joffrey.

Didn't know he was in Batman Begins (was he the boy Batman gives something to?), but I can see Commodus coming out in GoT... just turned up another notch.

Hahaha yet there were so many jokes about it

joffrey-batman.jpg

He's really cool actually

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahaha yet there were so many jokes about it

I kinda skipped around that video, and he basically looks down and reads from a speech the whole time.

Anyway, I bet it would kinda suck, King Joffrey being your only role and then so many people imprinting that on the actor. Maybe that's not how it works, but I could see it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kinda skipped around that video, and he basically looks down and reads from a speech the whole time.

Anyway, I bet it would kinda suck, King Joffrey being your only role and then so many people imprinting that on the actor. Maybe that's not how it works, but I could see it.

Not a lot different than what Ted Levine probably went through for playing Jame Gumb in SotL...

I'm not surprised he's taking a sabbatical from acting, it makes sense to get detached from the character.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a lot different than what Ted Levine probably went through for playing Jame Gumb in SotL...

I'm not surprised he's taking a sabbatical from acting, it makes sense to get detached from the character.

Or, in an opposite example, Elijah Wood going from a happy little hobbit to the guy that eats your flesh and mounts your head on a wall in Sin City.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Huh, I'm going to have to re-read the books now. I was really shocked and unhappy with that scene because I didn't remember it at all and it really conflicts with my impression of Jaime as a character (from the books, but also from the show until now). Maybe I just skimmed over it. It really does change a lot about his character, I think.

I don't understand how everyone can so quickly forget what a monster Jaime was. No one remembers that he had a huge hand in

but whatever

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh... I think what you're referring to:
- Tyrion was taken captive by Caitlyn, under threat of death -- an attack on House Lannister.
- Jaime was part of the Kingsguard and came after Ned to find out what happened.
- Ned took the rap and said Tyrion was taken on his orders.
- Jaime attacked him and killed his men. This spurs Ned to attack.
- Jaime and Ned fight.
- One of Jaime's men stabs Ned's leg from behind, which is cowardly. Jaime knocks the guard out and lets Ned live, and tells him to return Tyrion.

I don't necessarily think the fight you are quoting is a sign of "evil" on Jaime's part. Not the most civil, but still ruled by some degree of honor and family loyalty.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't understand how everyone can so quickly forget what a monster Jaime was. No one remembers that he had a huge hand in

I agree that Jaime was always an amoral character, but I think the issue with that scene is the fact that so many do see it as ambiguous in the first place, which suggests something about the perception of those people or perhaps how that scene was portrayed.

But a lot of people like their characters to be clearly outlined in their moral codes. Jamie isn't, but it is jarring how contrasted and heavy handed those scenes make him appear.