User Tag List

Page 34 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1914

Thread: Game of Thrones!

  1. #331
    Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    I try to watch it as it's own separate thing, apart from the books.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  2. #332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I try to watch it as it's own separate thing, apart from the books.
    Kudos if you can. I cannot, and I find it appropriate to judge the series by its source material.

  3. #333
    Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Kudos if you can. I cannot, and I find it appropriate to judge the series by its source material.
    Given the length and density of the source material, it would be tough for anyone to translate it into visual format faithfully without a shit ton episodes and feature film size budgets.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  4. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Given the length and density of the source material, it would be tough for anyone to translate it into visual format faithfully without a shit ton episodes and feature film size budgets.
    That is an explanation for mediocre quality, but hardly a justification. If you can't do it well, don't do it at all. I will concede, though, that there are people who think that it is well done.

  5. #335
    Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That is an explanation for mediocre quality, but hardly a justification. If you can't do it well, don't do it at all. I will concede, though, that there are people who think that it is well done.
    That may be so, but I still think HBO has done it better than anyone else would have.

    Could the show be better sure (show me one series that couldn't), but I'd rather have the show we have, than have no show at all.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  6. #336
    Senior Member Array ZPowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    That may be so, but I still think HBO has done it better than anyone else would have.

    Could the show be better sure (show me one series that couldn't), but I'd rather have the show we have, than have no show at all.
    I more or less agree with you. I can't totally divorce myself from comparing it to the books (which are better), but I do generally enjoy the show and have fun watching it.

    And, at the very least, it was the show that got me to read the books.

    And maybe it'll give Martin incentive to write in a somewhat timely manner.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

  7. #337
    Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    And maybe it'll give Martin incentive to write in a somewhat timely manner.
    We can hope.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  8. #338

    Default

    I would have preferred an animation adaptation.

  9. #339
    Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I would have preferred an animation adaptation.
    With a high quality animation studio that would keep the grittiness and maturity of the source material intact, then yea I'd go for that.

    Although, with animation, I think the show would not reach as large of an audience.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

    8w9 sx/so

  10. #340
    insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I would have preferred an animation adaptation.
    That sounds horrible to me (not an animation fan for non-fluffy movies, though)
    -end of thread-

Similar Threads

  1. Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM
  2. Khaleesi from Game of Thrones
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 04:39 AM
  3. Which Game of Thrones character are you?
    By Within in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 01-06-2016, 12:30 AM
  4. If you've read/watched A Game of Thrones..
    By Wanderer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
  5. According to Erm the best show of all time is 'Game of Thrones'
    By Kimchitasi in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •