User Tag List

First 2230313233344282132 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I am disappointed that I didn't see The Red Viper in the new character list for next season. I think they're making book 3 into two seasons. I was hoping for at least an introduction.

Anew Leaf

Finally caught up on the last three episodes. First two were so boring. Blackwater was much better.

The sex scene with Robb and that girl was so awkward for me. Their whole relationship has been one giant cliche and considering:

The Dany plotline is boring with a wonderful dollap of reverse Electra complex. I know Jorah loves her in the book too but it is far creepier seeing it in action on the show. I really hope they do the House of Undying justice.

Many of the scenes with Tyrion and Cersei were quite good.

And yeah... a lot that I didn't like. Also a lot of exposition all of a sudden. It's like every scene a character decides to "tell a story" about themselves to illustrate Who They Are.

/rant.

I am in for an egg, might as well be in for the whole dragon at this point. Maybe season 3 will be better.... but not likely.

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by herbpixie View Post
    I am disappointed that I didn't see The Red Viper in the new character list for next season. I think they're making book 3 into two seasons. I was hoping for at least an introduction.
    yeah but they didn't list brienne at the beginning of the 2nd season, so i'm sure he will play his part in seasons 3/4. what a fucking badass.

also i hope they bring in kevan lannister. he didn't show up on the list of new characters either.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    also i hope they bring in kevan lannister. he didn't show up on the list of new characters either.
    He has already appeared in season one. He was in the scenes with Tyrion and Tywin at Tywin's army's camp. EDIT: He's also in a scene or two in season two, when Tywin is discussing strategy with his council at Harrenhal.

I could see the Red Viper and the rest of the Martells not showing til season 4, especially if they split the book in two. He doesn't become that important until the back half of the book.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am in for an egg, might as well be in for the whole dragon at this point. Maybe season 3 will be better.... but not likely.
    Season 3 will be drawing from much stronger source material for all of the characters. Hope is not lost.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Season 3 will be drawing from much stronger source material for all of the characters. Hope is not lost.
    And, if they split it, give that material room to breath/twice the money/limit the need to cut or alter material to save on time or money.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    And, if they split it, give that material room to breath/twice the money/limit the need to cut or alter material to save on time or money.
    I see what you are saying, but what you failed to cover is the @Nicodemus factor.

I will brainwash myself into being happy and then he will post some 2 sentence masterpiece that skewers everything unhappy and wrong with season 3 and then I shall be sad.

QUESTCHAWN!

For those who have both read the books and are watching the series, would you recommend reading those massive tomes to people just now watching the series?

For myself, I loooooooooooooooove the movie Dune with young hottie Kyle Maclachlan and have watched it several times. But, then I read the first book in the Dune series and was so underwhelmed that I never picked up another one. I do enjoy wikipedia-ing it though to get an overview of the series. I just don't want to read every page of it.

Like most epic sci-fi or fantasy, it is a super dense series to get involved with lightly. I don't read fantasy books generally, either.

If the series is mostly faithful to the books, I'll just stick with the tv series. But if the books are everything the tv series is PLUS SOME and really enhances enjoyment of the story, then I'll go for the books. These books are also hard to come by at the public library with a long wait list and I'm cheap frugral so I'd like to know before I add my name to the list.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I could see the Red Viper and the rest of the Martells not showing til season 4, especially if they split the book in two. He doesn't become that important until the back half of the book.
    Yeah, it's been awhile since I read the book, but I recall not noticing The Red Viper until about halfway through the book. I do so want to see him in Season 3, though. I'd be happy if they varied from the book and gave him more screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    QUESTCHAWN!

For those who have both read the books and are watching the series, would you recommend reading those massive tomes to people just now watching the series?

If the series is mostly faithful to the books, I'll just stick with the tv series. But if the books are everything the tv series is PLUS SOME and really enhances enjoyment of the story, then I'll go for the books. These books are also hard to come by at the public library with a long wait list and I'm cheap frugral so I'd like to know before I add my name to the list.
    I enjoyed the books, particularly books 1-3. Book 4 is a bit tedious, and I've not quite finished Book 5. So far, it is less tedious than Book 4, but not as good as Book 3. I don't read a lot of fantasy, either. I mainly prefer postmodern lit and classics, but I've enjoyed this series. Season 1 is very faithful to the book, but the book enhances the series. Season 2 takes a lot more liberties. Some are good, and some are not, but I think that reading the book has enhanced rather than detracted from my experience in watching the shows.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    QUESTCHAWN!

For myself, I loooooooooooooooove the movie Dune with young hottie Kyle Maclachlan and have watched it several times. But, then I read the first book in the Dune series and was so underwhelmed that I never picked up another one. I do enjoy wikipedia-ing it though to get an overview of the series. I just don't want to read every page of it.

Like most epic sci-fi or fantasy, it is a super dense series to get involved with lightly. I don't read fantasy books generally, either.

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS OMG CHOOSE THE BOOKS