User Tag List

Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I like GoT (I want to read the book) and had no problem when I came across these two issues. But that may be because these kinds of concerns were burned out of me by The Wire, which was really tough for the first few episodes (it had a huge cast from episode one, though the heavy majority is black with 2-3 different hairstyles that aren't that radically different. I was still trying to learn character names like six or eight episodes in) and that show, despite early misgivings just like the ones listed here (and the fact that, at the time, it was maybe the slowest moving show I'd ever seen) it became my favorite series of all time, a title it still holds today.

Game of Thrones is also a series that needs a little build time, but it is thoroughly good (not Wire good, but good). Keep going with it. You'll learn to appreciate the fact that it doesn't over-baby the viewer and expects them to be intelligent enough to catch onto a world that existed and was complex before they arrived.
    Hey thanks. Yes, it seems to take a lot of build time. But the complexity seems worth it. That's one of the things that made pokemon one of my favourite cartoons. In the end I learned all the 150 pokemon names. It is harder when they are all introduced at once and are so similar, but I will figure out a way to remember their names.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Daenerys!

That is all.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I watched the whole 1st season then read all 5 books. The show, thus far, sticks very close to the book and I was happy to see that. Naturally the books are richer, more detailed, and the characters are a little more defined than on the show. All and all, I think it's great and fantasy isn't really my cup of tea either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like GoT (I want to read the book) and had no problem when I came across these two issues. But that may be because these kinds of concerns were burned out of me by The Wire, which was really tough for the first few episodes (it had a huge cast from episode one, though the heavy majority is black with 2-3 different hairstyles that aren't that radically different. I was still trying to learn character names like six or eight episodes in) and that show, despite early misgivings just like the ones listed here (and the fact that, at the time, it was maybe the slowest moving show I'd ever seen) it became my favorite series of all time, a title it still holds today.
    The Wire is one of my all time favorites. I was overjoyed to see Michael Kenneth Williams cast in Boardwalk Empire as Chalky White. He's absolutely perfect in this role, just as he was being Omar.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    The Wire is one of my all time favorites. I was overjoyed to see Michael Kenneth Williams cast in Boardwalk Empire as Chalky White. He's absolutely perfect in this role, just as he was being Omar.
    He's one of Boardwalk Empire's highlights. The scene in season one where he tells the Klansman about his father's tools and he "ain't making no bookcase" was maybe my favorite moments in the whole season. It's awesome and a testament to his skill that when I see him as Chalky I never think of him as Omar.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

He's one of Boardwalk Empire's highlights. The scene in season one where he tells the Klansman about his father's tools and he "ain't making no bookcase" was maybe my favorite moments in the whole season. It's awesome and a testament to his skill that when I see him as Chalky I never think of him as Omar.
    No I never think of Omar when I see Chalky, just the same intensity. I only wish he had a bigger role, he is mesmerizing.

I think the best performance is usually delivered by Michael Shannon as Nelson van Alden. My favorite character is Nucky.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I think the best performance is usually delivered by Michael Shannon as Nelson van Alden. My favorite character is Nucky.
    He really has done an amazing job with that character.

I also love the Chalky character.

I find myself surprised at how much I am enjoying this series.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Game of Thrones

'Ello, all.

Have you guys seen the super cool awesome fantastic show, Game of Thrones, based on George R.R. Martin's book series? What did you think of the show, the characters, the books, and the potential happenings in the second season? I haven't read the books yet, but I am addicted the show. I can't stop bothering people about midgets with shields and who will plot to take the throne and what creatures will come in winter. Perhaps, I've said too much. Oh well. Come to this thread to discuss the show, but please don't reveal any spoilers about the second season if you've read the books.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    'Ello, all.

Have you guys seen the super cool awesome fantastic show, Game of Thrones, based on George R.R. Martin's book series? What did you think of the show, the characters, the books, and the potential happenings in the second season? I haven't read the books yet, but I am addicted the show. I can't stop bothering people about midgets with shields and who will plot to take the throne and what creatures will come in winter. Perhaps, I've said too much. Oh well. Come to this thread to discuss the show, but please don't reveal any spoilers about the second season if you've read the books.
    I've read all five of the books, and they are amazing. GRRM is pretty much my secret writing hero now.

The first season did a great job in depicting the book. There is more backstory in the books, but considering the monumental task HBO faced in making it into a TV series... they did a marvelous job. If you wanted to dive into the books, you would be a good place to start with book #2. Otherwise, you can just impatiently wait for each season to arrive.

The casting has been very, very well done; especially with the children.

Page 3 of 192 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast