• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Nicodemus

I find it a bit annoying, because it reveals shallowness. People who name their daughter 'Khaleesi' must have missed that it is a rank, not a name, meaning that although they have not even paid sufficent attention to the TV series to know that much, they still insist on pretending to be interested in the stories. Who names their daughter 'Queen'? Even 'North' is a better choice.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think giving them a middle name like that is acceptable. But having it as a first name seems unfair. Poor Kal-El Cage.

R

Riva

I find it a bit annoying, because it reveals shallowness. People who name their daughter 'Khaleesi' must have missed that it is a rank, not a name, meaning that although they have not even paid sufficent attention to the TV series to know that much, they still insist on pretending to be interested in the stories. Who names their daughter 'Queen'? Even 'North' is a better choice.

In certain cultures giving a rank as a name is quite common. King, Queen, Prince etc are a few of the most common of them. Infact even in certain Western cultures names such as those aren't rare.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In certain cultures giving a rank as a name is quite common. King, Queen, Prince etc are a few of the most common of them. Infact even in certain Western cultures names such as those aren't rare.

1366921055-11682_prince-1979.jpg

Could just be a stage name though.

Bump.

It's started again. :D

Haven't watched the latest episode yet as the boyfriend has been studying for a test. :(

THIS WILL SOON BE FIXED.

Use spoiler tags for spoilery stuff, please.

That's all for now.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Hound is so fucking savage.

:rofl1:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I got as far as episode 3 of season 1 the first time I tried to watch it, should I try to watch it again?

I anticipate replies along the lines of judging it for myself but I'm a mindless loser who needs people to handhold him through everything, so I enjoy input.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes!! It's a great story!! Also there's loads of awesome stuff like sex and violence and back stabbing.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got as far as episode 3 of season 1 the first time I tried to watch it, should I try to watch it again?

I anticipate replies along the lines of judging it for myself but I'm a mindless loser who needs people to handhold him through everything, so I enjoy input.

Don't bother. If you didn't like it by then, you will never never like it.