User Tag List

Page 23 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones!

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Get pumped.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

Good episode.

Looks like things are finally starting to move along.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

One thing I'm concerned about in this ep. (Book 3 spoilers)

Does he want a pillow for his head?

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Jaqen Hghar's actor is doing such a great job. I imagine that's a difficult character to get right. So happy with him.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Spoilers ahoy, I suppose.

After the first 4 or so episodes I find myself firmly in @Nicodemus's camp. I find most of the changes unneccessary and cosmetic, while I can't for the life of me figure out why they're spending good amounts of time on characters/situations that are all but glossed over and happen in the background in the book.

While watching, @mmhmm made the observation that this season has a lot more sex/torture than the last one in what she assumed was a way to keep interest, and I have to say I sort of agree. To me it seems they're adding a lot of fluff for no apparent reason other than there's nothing else to do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Jaqen Hghar's actor is doing such a great job. I imagine that's a difficult character to get right. So happy with him.
    Oh I agree, he is fabulous.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

You know who else I really love? Stannis. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure... But I really feel like the actor/the scenes have changed my perception of his character in a good way. Just little things like the scene with Davos where he corrects his grammar. Like... Damn, you gotta have some iron balls to correct someones grammar while you're talking about the fingers you cut off of him. That cold/steely personality of his is fantastic. I've grown to love him.

Maybe it's because I see so much STJness in Stannis. I'm biased.
    Yes but he's Thomas Jefferson. I mean from the John Adams series. I had to get that clear out of my head to see Stannis but now - he's great, more like what I pictured from the books.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Anew Leaf

Yes... He's also extremely hot.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Spoilers ahoy, I suppose.

After the first 4 or so episodes I find myself firmly in @Nicodemus's camp. I find most of the changes unneccessary and cosmetic, while I can't for the life of me figure out why they're spending good amounts of time on characters/situations that are all but glossed over and happen in the background in the book.

While watching, @mmhmm made the observation that this season has a lot more sex/torture than the last one in what she assumed was a way to keep interest, and I have to say I sort of agree. To me it seems they're adding a lot of fluff for no apparent reason other than there's nothing else to do.
    I know... Each episode furthers my newfound annoyance. The first season was done so well and this one has been all over the place.

I agree that the attention being given certain elements is varying a lot compared to the books in ways that don't make any sense.

I am excited to see how dany's trip to the house of undying goes. (braces self for disappointment)

I do agree on the comments about stannis. I never got that into the davos chapters as much as I did with other characters.

Enneagram
    8w9

I was in the critics camp until this episode last night.

I've been getting the feeling that the first few episodes have been low budget to make up for a blowout in the second half of the season.

To be honest I haven't really liked a second season episode until last night's.

But with last night's episode, I think I've gotten a glimpse of where things are headed, and I'm now excited to see where that is.

The changes that were going to have to be made to film this series were always going to be extensive.

But with the set up last night, especially on the hill with the knight's watch, I'm beginning to see good things coming.

I also like the black merchant in Qarth.

Given the length of the series this show was always going to really take an investment from the viewer, and with last night's episode I think they've sold me on this season.

Let's see where it takes us.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

I see slight improvement in the last two episodes, but not enough to make me happy.

Perhaps my favorite casting decision: