User Tag List

First 1220212223243272122 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ok I also forgot that I hated that scene with Robb and the medic chick. As soon as I saw him glance over I groaned.
    Did that happen in CoK? I didn't remember it.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I hate to dance out of line again, and on such a favorite dance: I think he is being a bit too playful. Particularly as the Hand, Tyrion does not want to appear comical.
    He had some fantastic scenes in Ep4 in particular - I don't see him coming off as comical there, although he does have a wry sense of humour that comes through sometimes. I'm constantly amazed at the presence he manages to portray without coming off as comical, actually.
    -end of thread-

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

You know who hasn't gotten enough love in this thread? Bronn.

Fucking Bronn, man.

Bronn is fantastic.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ok I also forgot that I hated that scene with Robb and the medic chick. As soon as I saw him glance over I groaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Did that happen in CoK? I didn't remember it.
    No, it didn't. No character with POV was there, so it was original.

Book 3 spoiler

Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    That is what I thought as well, hoping against hope that they are merely and clumsily introducing Robb the Sexually Adventurous as opposed to Robb the Little Eddard.

Enneagram
    8w9

That is what I thought as well, hoping against hope that they are merely and clumsily introducing Robb the Sexually Adventurous as opposed to Robb the Little Eddard.
    That's what I was worried about as well.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    No, it didn't. No character with POV was there, so it was original.

Book 3 spoiler

Yeah, I got that. I guess I just found it very clumsily done. And....

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    This is sort of what I am concerned about as well, and why I found it annoying.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You know who else I really love? Stannis. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure... But I really feel like the actor/the scenes have changed my perception of his character in a good way. Just little things like the scene with Davos where he corrects his grammar. Like... Damn, you gotta have some iron balls to correct someones grammar while you're talking about the fingers you cut off of him. That cold/steely personality of his is fantastic. I've grown to love him.
    I agree, he's been my favorite since he first appeared; and perhaps slightly even before that, with his whole unlikable reputation and all.

Anew Leaf

You know who hasn't gotten enough love in this thread? Bronn.

Fucking Bronn, man.

Bronn is fantastic.
    /concur!

The interplay with him and Tyrion is so much fun to watch. I loved last night with them in the throne room.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I think they are overplaying the fantasy hand a bit. Martin worked so hard to keep magic in the background: ominous yet subtle. They balanced it well last season, but in this season I feel like I'm watching a lower budget, R rated version of Lord of the Rings.

I still like the show, but I'm feeling a bit disappointed so far. (Although admittedly, season 1 didn't gain steam until Episode 5 or so.) Books 4 and beyond are going to require a lot of changes, and based on what I'm seeing with book 2, I must admit I'm not feeling 100% optimistic.

I think I'm going to quit watching the show until all 10 air. Perhaps that will improve the viewing experience.