User Tag List

First 1119202122233171121 Last

Enneagram
    8w9

I was very impressed with the way they handled the scene between Melisandre (sic?) and Davos at the end.

I was really worried that they were going to screw that up, and they didn't.

I don't know how I feel about the way they handled the tickler.

They replaced the guy that used to play the Mountain. The new one seems way too skinny.

They are really committed to showing how crazy Joffrey is. The scene with him and his birthday present was pretty brave.

I like the TV version melisandre more than I did the book version. Hated that bitch in the books.

I feel like I would have a hard time following the show if I hadn't read the books.

Either way, I enjoyed the episode.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    That is really hard to say. I think there has not been a single scene that I would consider perfect, so the dislike varies but is never entirely absent. One of the scenes from the last episode that was particularly bad was the one in which Catelyn approaches Renley at his tournament thing. It is bad because the actors look just like actors speaking lines in a small and shabby TV set: no atmosphere, no meaning, no importance. Now, much of that is due to the budget; but a team of good filmmakers could have made a much better scene with the resources available.

None of the changes bother me that much, yet they seem unnecessary. I imagine the writers had a reason for it, but was it really unavoidable, for instance, to show us already just how shrewd Margaery actually is? It gives Cersei's actions in the future a very different flavor. Was it necessary to show us what kind of person Littlefinger really is in the first season?

The list of actors that annoy me is long. One that irks me in particular is Aidan Gillen. He seems to be incapable of delivering a line without false haughtiness. The German dubbing I saw on TV actually improved his performance! I think I made a list somewhere of the actors I liked; most of the others annoy me to some degree.
    After watching this week's episode I am starting to move toward your camp.

The stuff with Joffrey is getting overplayed... We get it already. I don't like how.... "transparent" Littlefinger is with all of his plots and plots within plots. He looks weak. I agree on Margaery... it seemed too much too fast.

However, Peter Dinklage saves the entire series for me right now. He is so delightful to watch.

Maybe the problem is that the series has too small a budget for it to be given its fair due in scope.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I like the TV version melisandre more than I did the book version. Hated that bitch in the books.
    But I think you're supposed to hate Melisandre. I do not like her TV portrayal at all. Not one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    However, Peter Dinklage saves the entire series for me right now. He is so delightful to watch.
    For sure. He's really more fantastic than words can describe.

You know who else I really love? Stannis. When I first saw him, I wasn't sure... But I really feel like the actor/the scenes have changed my perception of his character in a good way. Just little things like the scene with Davos where he corrects his grammar. Like... Damn, you gotta have some iron balls to correct someones grammar while you're talking about the fingers you cut off of him. That cold/steely personality of his is fantastic. I've grown to love him.

Maybe it's because I see so much STJness in Stannis. I'm biased.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    But I think you're supposed to hate Melisandre. I do not like her TV portrayal at all. Not one bit.
    Don't like like you think she's being poorly handled by the show, or as in you don't like the character but the show is doing well with her?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Don't like like you think she's being poorly handled by the show, or as in you don't like the character but the show is doing well with her?
    Poorly handled by the show. I found her much more malicious, evil, and even frustrating in the book. Her very presence was frustrating. And I don't think the TV version is like that at all. She's more likable here.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

After watching this week's episode I am starting to move toward your camp.
    Welcome! We serve bitter, old and wrinkled truth, but our jaws are strong.

I hate to dance out of line again, and on such a favorite dance: I think he is being a bit too playful. Particularly as the Hand, Tyrion does not want to appear comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I think the important difference is that we do not see her through Davos' eyes in the show. As far as I have noticed, there is not much new about her actions or how she comports herself.

figsfiggyfigs

If I hear "the night is dark and full of terrors" one more fucking time, I'm going to punch my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    If I hear "the night is dark and full of terrors" one more fucking time, I'm going to punch my screen.
    What is dead can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What is dead can never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.
    TWSS.

Also, yes... *sips bitter drink of bitterness*

I see your point about tyrion. I guess in comparison to everything else going on, I have to grasp at something.

I feel like reading CoK over again but it might make me more depressed. I hope the scene when dany visits that house of crazy is done well. *grasps at straws*

Anew Leaf

Ok I also forgot that I hated that scene with Robb and the medic chick. As soon as I saw him glance over I groaned.