• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

R

Riva

In the books, Littlefinger has style; in the TV show, he merely has manners. He is also a lot more secretive - read: circumspect - in the books.

This thread discusses the tv series.

I will probably read the books one day. I haven't read any yet. Will watching the series before reading the books spoil the fun I wonder. I have been lucky to have read the books before watching the screen adaptations of almost all screen adaptations I have seen so far.

Anyway from the description you give about Littlefinger from the books he sounds as secretive as he should be. In the TV series it is obvious that he is a disloyal opportunist and his intentions are written all over his face. Of course one cannot read his mind but it is obvious that he is an untrustworthy opportunist. I look forward to reading the chapter you recommended if I ever start reading the books.

Could it be that the actor is bad or was he doing what he is asked or has he not read the books I wonder.

Lark

This thread discusses the tv series.

I will probably read the books one day. I haven't read any yet. Will watching the series before reading the books spoil the fun I wonder. I have been lucky to have read the books before watching the screen adaptations of almost all screen adaptations I have seen so far.

Anyway from the description you give about Littlefinger from the books he sounds as secretive as he should be. In the TV series it is obvious that he is a disloyal opportunist and his intentions are written all over his face. Of course one cannot read his mind but it is obvious that he is an untrustworthy opportunist. I look forward to reading the chapter you recommended if I ever start reading the books.

Could it be that the actor is bad or was he doing what he is asked or has he not read the books I wonder.

I've watched a couple of cast interviews in which some of the actors or actresses have said they dont read the books but then I've read elsewhere that they have so I dont know if any of them actually do that or not at all.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If I could, I'd always watch movies/TV shows before reading the books. I have a hard time enjoying movies/TV shows based on books if they aren't accurate to the books. If I watch the movie/TV show first, I can enjoy both because I don't know what happens in the books. Alas, I can't do that with Game of Thrones. The only good thing is that I'm not going crazy to see what happens next in the show, so it doesn't matter so much that I don't have HBO.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
For you, [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are all abundantly aware of your preferences, Ser Elfboy. :irked:

gotta feast on the meat while it's fresh

Gangster-Squad.jpeg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SANSA ACTRESS IS 17, PERVS.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT CHARACTER ALSO I WISH I DIDN'T SPILL HONEY OVER MY KEYBOARD PREVENTING ME FROM TURNING OFF CAPS LOCK.

I'M TALKING ABOUT YGRITTE THE SPEARWIFE. IF YOU WANT TO CHEW SOMEONE OUT FOR SANSA, PLEASE USE SINGULAR AND NOT PLURAL, THANKS.

Lark

I WAS TALKING ABOUT A DIFFERENT CHARACTER ALSO I WISH I DIDN'T SPILL HONEY OVER MY KEYBOARD PREVENTING ME FROM TURNING OFF CAPS LOCK.

I'M TALKING ABOUT YGRITTE THE SPEARWIFE. IF YOU WANT TO CHEW SOMEONE OUT FOR SANSA, PLEASE USE SINGULAR AND NOT PLURAL, THANKS.

She's actually a daughter of a Scottish Clan Chieftain in real life, grew up in a castle and have family title. Pretty awesome.

Oh and she' rumoured to date that guy who acts the character Jon Snow in real life too.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She's actually a daughter of a Scottish Clan Chieftain in real life, grew up in a castle and have family title. Pretty awesome.

Is the traditional outfit of the daughter of a Scottish Clan Cheiftain pants?

R

Riva

If I could, I'd always watch movies/TV shows before reading the books. I have a hard time enjoying movies/TV shows based on books if they aren't accurate to the books. If I watch the movie/TV show first, I can enjoy both because I don't know what happens in the books. Alas, I can't do that with Game of Thrones. The only good thing is that I'm not going crazy to see what happens next in the show, so it doesn't matter so much that I don't have HBO.

I shared this opinion with someone (to watch the TV show before reading the book). She disagreed that it would be more exciting that way. I agreed with her because she is beautiful.

However I must say that what you said about things would be more exciting for 'not knowing what's happening in the books' makes quite a lot of sense. I shall keep this post in my mind and the day I read the books come back and share with you as to what method I find more interesting.

There are a few perks in reading the books first -

You can make a fuss
You can feel superior than the rest of the people in the room who are watching it with you
People would look at you when they don't understand whats going on
You can play mind games with people
Basically everything which is mentioned in [MENTION=5398]Edgar[/MENTION] 's video.

*Feels shallow*

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Dude, unless you're sixteen or seventeen yourself that's just wrong.

17 is the legal age in Texas. :laugh:

Oh and she' rumoured to date that guy who acts the character Jon Snow in real life too.

OMG Really?! She's even cooler to me now!! :heart: I liked her in the book, thought her actress was soooo perfect and now she's awesome IRL too?! :static: