User Tag List

First 92142182190191192193194 Last

Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1970

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

‘Game of Thrones’ Script Reveals New Details About Stannis Baratheon’s Fate

....In the version of “Mother’s Mercy” that aired on HBO in 2015, Stannis faced his death stoically, telling Brienne, “Go on. Do your duty.” But as an eagle-eyed Reddit fan noted and the preeminent GoT fan site Watchers on the Wall picked up, a copy of the Emmy-winning script that’s available on the official Emmys website contains an extra line cut from the episode that allows him a moment of regret for the loved ones he’s wronged...
    While it's interesting from the perspective of seeing behind the scenes (and maybe could have been included in the book version, as an internalized dialogue), it's too explicit and too emotional; I found what aired on the show to be most fitting.

Stannis is stoic by nature. He will be stoic at death. The thing is, anything they mentioned here, you can already grasp just from how it was acted. Stannis looks defeated while leaning against the tree. He has nothing left. There is air of resignation about him. It is conveyed that he knows he has done terrible things that he now regrets, and all for nothing. He doesn't argue with Breanne, he tells her to go ahead and do her duty -- the punishment he deserves has finally caught up with him, and he accepts it as what he deserves. You do get the feeling that if he could revisit those decisions, he might choose something different. It's a stoic and sad end to a stoic and sad man who let himself be bewildered by the Red Priestess and buy into his own hype, and he knows it, now, at the end, and the regrets are obvious.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post

While it's interesting from the perspective of seeing behind the scenes (and maybe could have been included in the book version, as an internalized dialogue), it's too explicit and too emotional; I found what aired on the show to be most fitting.

Stannis is stoic by nature. He will be stoic at death. The thing is, anything they mentioned here, you can already grasp just from how it was acted. Stannis looks defeated while leaning against the tree. He has nothing left. There is air of resignation about him. It is conveyed that he knows he has done terrible things that he now regrets, and all for nothing. He doesn't argue with Breanne, he tells her to go ahead and do her duty -- the punishment he deserves has finally caught up with him, and he accepts it as what he deserves. You do get the feeling that if he could revisit those decisions, he might choose something different. It's a stoic and sad end to a stoic and sad man who let himself be bewildered by the Red Priestess and buy into his own hype, and he knows it, now, at the end, and the regrets are obvious.
    Although you never actually see him die in the TV programme... It's just implied by the view of Breanne's sword descending. It never does to assume someone is dead in Game of Thrones until you've seen their head stuck on top of a pike.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Here to revive the thread: #1 Trending on YouTube:

everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they once were

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... dammit Bran!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Pandemeria liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I am so ready.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This Sunday, 9pm.

I set up my DVR last night for that and Preacher (which I've missed a few episodes of, but hopefully snagged them on rerun yesterday).

--------

Game of Thrones Seasons Ranked from Worst to Best | Collider

I don't really agree with their number one selection, it's probably the season I will watch least on reruns. It had a few decent sequences (Hold the Door, Battle of the Bastards) but not really the kind of complexity and richness that drew me to the series originally especially with the stuff overseas. It feels like a season aimed more at prime-time TV viewership, not demanding as much.

But yeah, seasons 3 and 4 are pretty classic.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And now a little something for the book folks...
    ... or in case you happen to be a show person curious how the books might go.

‘The Winds of Winter’ Preview Chapters: What We’ve Learned

also...
    Fans believe that George RR Martin has secretly finished Game of Thrones book The Winds of Winter

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

New season, get hype! I'm mentally bouncing up and down in anticipation, no lie.

Romantic Iconoclast
    415 sp/sx
    4w5>1w9>5w4

Ni>Fe>Ti>Fi=Si>Ne>Te>Se
    Likes highlander liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie: