User Tag List

First 917181920212969119 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    It is kind of corny, but I do like the more visceral depictions in fantasy. I wished I lived in "simpler times". Places where you can make your way in the world just "adventuring", not without dealing with "paperwork" and other modern bullshit. Places where you could solved disputes by chopping off heads. We all live in a cage really. There aren't many options to get your kicks, like people in fantasy novels do.
    There's a charm to it, but in the end I'll take some arduous paperwork and the internet over a steady stream of rape, disease, monarchy and torture.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    There's a charm to it, but in the end I'll take some arduous paperwork and the internet over a steady stream of rape, disease, monarchy and torture.
    How about post-apocalypse? No monarchies (exactly) in the Road Warrior. Plenty of rape, disease, and torture though.

MBTI
    INtP

HBO has apparently signed up for season three -- which will include approximately the first half of the third book:

GRRM's blog post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Good episode yesterday, but I'm sad that they cut most of Hot Pie's best moments.

The current rating is five out of ten points.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The current rating is five out of ten points.
    What do you dislike about it? I'd give it a higher rating than that.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    What do you dislike about it? I'd give it a higher rating than that.
    Everything that I disliked about the first season. In addition to that they now make silly and, to my understanding, unnecessary changes. What bothers me most, however, is how they ruin great scenes with insufficient money, actors, and sense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Everything that I disliked about the first season. In addition to that they now make silly and, to my understanding, unnecessary changes. What bothers me most, however, is how they ruin great scenes with insufficient money, actors, and sense.
    Might I ask which changes, scenes or actors in particular irk you?

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So far, I've felt most of the changes were well done. And I'm usually one of those obnoxious people who can't stand to watch a movie or tv show after I've read a book. The vast majority of them seem necessary to either convey something that would have been conveyed via inner monologue, or to cut superfluous scenes for length.

In this most recent episode, the only thing I didn't like was how they chose to do the scene shift between Tyrion's conversation with Pycell/Varys/Littlefinger. It felt like a sitcom.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Might I ask which changes, scenes or actors in particular irk you?
    That is really hard to say. I think there has not been a single scene that I would consider perfect, so the dislike varies but is never entirely absent. One of the scenes from the last episode that was particularly bad was the one in which Catelyn approaches Renley at his tournament thing. It is bad because the actors look just like actors speaking lines in a small and shabby TV set: no atmosphere, no meaning, no importance. Now, much of that is due to the budget; but a team of good filmmakers could have made a much better scene with the resources available.

None of the changes bother me that much, yet they seem unnecessary. I imagine the writers had a reason for it, but was it really unavoidable, for instance, to show us already just how shrewd Margaery actually is? It gives Cersei's actions in the future a very different flavor. Was it necessary to show us what kind of person Littlefinger really is in the first season?

The list of actors that annoy me is long. One that irks me in particular is Aidan Gillen. He seems to be incapable of delivering a line without false haughtiness. The German dubbing I saw on TV actually improved his performance! I think I made a list somewhere of the actors I liked; most of the others annoy me to some degree.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: