Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Cersei's Prophecy

Yeah, I still think aside from Lyanna telling off the northern leaders towering around her, one of the best scenes was between Cersei and Unella (or whatever her name is). Karma is a bitch. The ambiguity of outcome probably made it better -- my imagination is probably worse than what they could show. Was I really rooting for Cersei there? It was a deliciously acted scene.

as far as Margaery:
    haha you were really rooting for Cersei, I was too. I think the buildup of bad things happening to her had a blow out (literally) and now we can go back to hating her because....

I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cersei's gameplan after this is. What does she even have on the table? "You and me against the world," was what I think she had suggested to Jaime, but even that might break down...

I think Dany has an obvious choice of a partner as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Yeah, I'm not really sure what Cersei's gameplan after this is. What does she even have on the table? "You and me against the world," was what I think she had suggested to Jaime, but even that might break down...

I think Dany has an obvious choice of a partner as well.
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

Ah. Thanks! I forgot about Varys presence! this makes sense.
    @riva

I do love Cersei for her complexity. She's one of few female characters who have ascended through ranks by sheer cunning ruthlessness. (As opposed to Dani, who has mystical power, which makes it so much easier to be morally upright )
    ~Live and learn from fools and from sages~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Not exactly sure how to phrase it about Cersei at the moment. I routinely despised her for the first few seasons because of her spitefulness, but I've gotten a better grasp of her in the last two seasons and even can empathize with her.

She's essentially a woman in a world where women don't easily have power, and even what power she etched out for herself wasn't enough to keep her in control or save her children -- the one thing society told her was her "role" and also the only people she really cared about besides Jaime.

The last two seasons have been kind of a triumph for her because she's had so little to work with and yet somehow has managed to claw herself out from that deep hole and actually destroy those who were destroying and/or humiliating her. The end still appears inevitable at this point, she just doesn't have the resources she needs to win (and she has been very self-defeating in the past); but she's become a lot more human and accessible in the process of our seeing her hit rock-bottom.

Based on everything that has happened at this point, I will probably feel like her story was tragic by the end of the series, versus just despising her like I despised Joffrey or Ramsay. Which is an achievement of sorts.

Likes Yamato Nadeshiko, Hawthorne liked this post

Well, that started off with a bang...
    Really enjoyed this episode. Definitely one of the top memorable episodes to date. So many game changers/shifting of the players on the board. Very interesting stuff. However, it wasn't without its minor disappointments.

First off,

@Qre:us

Well... damn. That's really insightful.
    I hope this is one of those cases where the audience isn't more insightful than the showrunners and they actually do something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Crossing my fingers but not holding my breath. I learned my lesson from the hopes I put into the Arya/Faceless Men S/L. SMDH.
    Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath on that one.

They still played it too obvious, and didn't explore any potential layering to that plotline, like tying it in with Jon. Ah well. Teaches me to have my flights of fancy with the breadcrumbs GoT throws. I never learn!!

Disappointed. And slightly confused about the statute of limitations in GoT land (or distinct lack of). Can the Red Woman be truly tried for it as a 'crime'? When the commander at the time sanctioned it? By Davoos' logic, it's a crime because it didn't work (I know he was going totally by emotions in that scene, not by logic, but Jon should have stepped in, Mr. Potential Chosen One/Leader). So, if it did work (i.e., Stannis was victorious), would it not be a crime? *confused* What does this mean for acts people commit, under one ruler, and if the ruler changes (as it seems so likely in this world), who is in opposition to it, should all who committed the act under the previous ruler be tried as criminals if the new ruler considers the act to be a crime? Reminds me of the High Sparrow dilemma or Dany with the Slavers (there, at least, she had the common sense to not try and crucify ALL masters/slavers, but some to serve as an example). Or the general commentary that man's whimsy is not a good foundation for setting morality guidelines. Universal for the moment is subjective over time.

As for the episode itself...
    Last edited by Qre:us; 06-27-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: more thoughts
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

^ Yeah, it sounds like we are pretty synced up here on this. Although I think Dany has been a little soft on Tyrion; still, I must admit, I teared up and it hit a warmer spot in my heart because I want to see Tyrion have good things after all the abuse he's suffered in his life.

Your comments about Cersei (and even Olenna pointed them out a few episodes back before she left King's Landing) are right on the money. She doesn't have a long game. Sometimes if you are losing badly, you have to play a short-game until you get out of the hole (and leave the long game until later) -- but it bites her in the ass every time because she just stops there, all she has is the short game, and to hell with the ramifications. Still, I respect that as a flaw of the character. It has been VERY consistent.

And yeah, Jaime... I'm thinking that he migh -- yeah.

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Ah. Thanks! I forgot about Varys presence! this makes sense.
    @riva

I do love Cersei for her complexity. She's one of few female characters who have ascended through ranks by sheer cunning ruthlessness. (As opposed to Dani, who has mystical power, which makes it so much easier to be morally upright )
    Cersei was born into one of the most powerful families in Westeros and married the king. In no way did she come up from nothing by her own skills. She started at near the top.

Now, once in the position, she played her skills fiercely, but her choices have been often poor, demonstrating her limited wisdom and foresight. But she is a survivor and is willing to sacrifice anything to stay in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so
    Likes Hawthorne, senza tema liked this post