Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2192

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I didn't really like this episode that much. I wish they'd find a happy medium between moving the plot along and allowing the characters to breathe again. Too much feels on the nose; in the past, when characters did things that seemed to be too abrupt or not quite make sense, usually it meant there was some kind of tomfoolery involved, some scheming or plotting, and things are not what they seem. Now everything seems straight-forward versus nuanced/multi-layered. The characters are in service of the plot, versus actually being themselves and driving the plot.

... and yes. More Bronn please. kaythanxbye
    Hm. I kind of liked it. Not the best episode but not bad.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I thought that something smelled funny about the whole setup, especially when he was explaining to Arya that she was a so very special case, not being a slave or street rat. I imagine it's a very old cult, she can't be much of a unicorn, either the writers are getting lazy sloppily producing a super-Arya, or it's a setup for the future.
    I'm not actually watching this season... (i might at some point though) because I found the scenes visually too much... But... I will say that I always though the Arya many faced Gods thing was always destined for more. I mean that I think they knew she would rebel... they have been trying to break her and want her to resist and only then will she truly reach her potential/be on the right path. So i think it's some kind of test, after all she was sent there... they had to be expecting her. I think Arya will surprise everyone in the future.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w8

The Sparrow just managed to form another holy Roman Empire thanks to a wimpy king. In his defense he is quite young and having to deal with religious scriptures that are vast, vague and have an invisible god/s is no easy task.

Separation of religion and state people, this and the last season keeps reminding how important it is.

Also on another aspect I like about GoTs is the author's ability to humanize characters. At the beginning I just wanted cersie Jamie and the lannisters to suffer and die but now i want them to survive fight and win (win something).

I really like how the series is now moving on from being entrenched in the characters, to moving the zoom out on the lens, so we are not tied to the perspective of one chess piece's view/perspective, to now being able to start to see the whole board (or parts of it). Over the seasons, the characters, their motivations (most of them), have been revealed, they're not simply players in a game, but each (big players) has had their characters fleshed out. Now, we are reminded, that it is indeed a game, and get to see the larger scope of it.

My favourite was Arya's SL in this most recent episode. Through watching the play, she was able to view the happenings of the past, in a new light. Giggle some at the skewed interpretation, but also self-reflect. Most notably, on Cersei's character. She had always thought of Cersei as black/white. The hated. On the list. Personal grudge. Now she realizes, like we have come to, that Cersei is still a very terrible human being, but she was motivated by something 'pure'/relatable, almost. A shared value. Mother's love. I think, through the brilliant performance of the actress playing Cersei, a light bulb went off in Arya's head. Of a life that still echoes to her. Of her own values (killing for the sake of killing, because one has been instructed to, vs., killing because they 'deserve' it).....was wonderful to see. Arya looking at her reflection for a split second before putting in the poison in the rum jug. Then, preventing the actress from drinking it. To finally reclaiming her identity back. And knowing what it means for her (imminent death). And choosing to await that battle.

In the sewer system down below the city of Bravoos, she waits with Needle. No one has no shadows, she was told. In the candlelight, there it is, the shadow of Arya Stark illuminated larger than life, on its walls. And she snuffs out the candle, snuffing out her shadow, covering herself in darkness, and waits..........

Was beautiful story arc, with character development wonderfully woven in there.

It also showed how difficult it is to become a "Faceless Men". Because even the Waif, the star pupil to Arya's failing, cannot truly give up her own motivations. As, when Ja'quen instructs to not make the girl (Arya) suffer, you see her sinister smile. It's personal. Yet, the motto of the Faceless Men is death is not personal. All men must die.

I think Arya's old instructor from King's Landing might just make an appearance in her time of need.

As the Faceless Men says: All men must die.

And her instructor (forgot his name?) had told her: What do we say to the God of death? Not today.

I'm even wondering if her instructor is the actress playing Cersei....hmm....
    Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My recent thoughts on the Arya storyline and possibly a way it could retain GRRM's level of plot complexity:

Also, I knew I knew who was playing Lady Crane but couldn't quite put a name to her. Duh. It's Essie Davis. The first thing I ever saw her in wasn't really a highlight for her career -- she played Maggie in The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions. The most recent thing I've seen her in was "The Babadook" -- she carried that movie brilliantly on her own shoulders, it was quite the tour de force. But she's been in a ton of movies and TV shows.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    I think so. They've kind of written themselves into a corner by making Ramsay so awful, they can't really let him live story-wise.
    ?

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    ?

obviously i lied just to have him all to myself!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

Socionics
    LSI Se

sophie turner really steals the show, and the guys who play sam and tommen aren't bad actors either if you ask me.
    In challenge lies opportunity.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

I think Arya's old instructor from King's Landing might just make an appearance in her time of need.
    And her instructor (forgot his name?) had told her: What do we say to the God of death? Not today.
    Syrio "Boy, girl, You are a sword, that is all"
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Qre:us, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Kind of interesting discussion from last episode.
    ‘Game Of Thrones’ Discussion: ‘Blood Of My Blood’

I'd be really surprised if Margaery doesn't have something up her sleeve; it would be a huge disappointment if she were just playing this straight.