MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thought this list had some merit.
    Game of Thrones: The 15 Best (and 11 Worst) Book Changes
    We've discussed some of these items (both the positive and negative ones) here.

Thank god for Hardhome this season. It might have been the highlight amid some dross (like the pointless Dorne plotline, aside from its last five minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    So... Is anyone else is hoping to see Jon snow as a white walker?
    Yeah, I think I mentioned that quite a bit ago as one possibility. It would be interesting. I think there's been debate that his eyes turn purple in the last moment of that scene. Fans are sitting there advancing the show frame by frame, i am sure.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Thought this list had some merit.
    Game of Thrones: The 15 Best (and 11 Worst) Book Changes
    We've discussed some of these items (both the positive and negative ones) here.

Thank god for Hardhome this season. It might have been the highlight amid some dross (like the pointless Dorne plotline, aside from its last five minutes).
    See, I liked this season overall. I think it's because I read the books.

Indeed, for the sullied fans of the show who have read the books, season five moved like a freight train with the way it sped through characters’ travels and adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer

Yeah, I think I mentioned that quite a bit ago as one possibility. It would be interesting. I think there's been debate that his eyes turn purple in the last moment of that scene. Fans are sitting there advancing the show frame by frame, i am sure.
    Why would he become a White Walker, at that point in time? There were none around. It might happen in the future, but I don't see how that would work here.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    See, I liked this season overall. I think it's because I read the books.
    Maybe. Going by just the show, it's kind of a forgettable season in terms of high notes until episodes 7-8 and 10. I have trouble remembering much of what happened.

We did get:
    - Cersei's walk
    - Hardhome up close
    - Tyrion meets Daenerys
    - Arya gets her first major kill and has way too much fun with it

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Maybe. Going by just the show, it's kind of a forgettable season in terms of high notes until episodes 7-8 and 10. I have trouble remembering much of what happened.

We did get:
    - Cersei's walk
    - Hardhome up close
    - Tyrion meets Daenerys
    - Arya gets her first major kill and has way too much fun with it
    They just cut out a lot of the fat and pointless crap. For the most part, this was a good decision. I missed some of the political maneuvering of Jon and Danerys's storylines (and I think it would have helped make the climax of those stories have a greater impact), but I understand why they left it out, since most people think that kind of thing is boring. Those storylines dealt with the difficulties of power, even when somebody has good intentions, which is why I loved them. They left enough of it in there for me to enjoy the season overall.

I found this interesting from the article:

“A Song of Ice and Fire” is a stunning work of imagination and intense “big picture” plotting. However, one issue that I think Martin tended to overlook in his early novels is how to predict reader reaction. For instance, he has repeatedly admitted surprise and apprehension to the cult of personality and fandom that has developed around Stannis Baratheon amongst book readers; nor could he guess the level of unforgiving scorn certain fans developed for either Catelyn Stark or her daughter Sansa.

To be sure, there might be something cultural to consider about how readers can forgive a man who murders his brother and has countless more burned at the stake due to the prophecies of a red witch (and that’s not even bringing in what may or may not happen to literary Shireen in the near future), yet simultaneously condemn Catelyn or Sansa as monsters due to their much less deadly and fratricidal foibles.

In Sansa’s case, this vitriol stems from her rather petulant warning to Queen Cersei that Ned Stark plans to leave the Capitol with his family. For a certain stripe of reader, this naïve but believable action by a 14-year-old girl led many to blame her for her father’s maiming later that day at the hands of Jaime Lannister, and most strangely the eventual events that befell him and their whole family. Indeed, there are many fans that say Sansa deserved Joffrey’s beatings, naked humiliations, and worse because of this act.
    I totally agree with this, by the way.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

They just cut out a lot of the fat and pointless crap. For the most part, this was a good decision. I missed some of the political maneuvering of Jon and Danerys's storylines (and I think it would have helped make the climax of those stories have a greater impact), but I understand why they left it out, since most people think that kind of thing is boring. Those storylines dealt with the difficulties of power, even when somebody has good intentions, which is why I loved them. They left enough of it in there for me to enjoy the season overall.
    I still don't understand what you are responding to.
    I said I found the season boring and without many high notes.

You can talk about the book and what they left out and why you think they should have left it out, but that doesn't really impact what they did in the show since they were changing lots of shit anyway. It doesn't really impact what I said.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I still don't understand what you are responding to.
    I said I found the season boring and without many high notes.

You can talk about the book and what they left out and why you think they should have left it out, but that doesn't really impact what they did in the show since they were changing lots of shit anyway. It doesn't really impact what I said.
    It doesn't , I just like the season overall. I thought it was stronger than Season 3 despite some lame moments. I like seeing analysis of the consequences of various decisions and we got some of that. I got to see Danerys meet Tyrion, which didn't happen in the book, and it was as awesome as I thought. I think the thing I liked the most is that Tyrion was fun, not mopey.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It doesn't , I just like the season overall. I thought it was stronger than Season 3 despite some lame moments.
    Season 3? That's a pretty gutsy statement.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Season 3? That's a pretty gutsy statement.
    I like seeing analysis of the consequences of various decisions and we got some of that. I got to see Danerys meet Tyrion, which didn't happen in the book, and it was as awesome as I thought. I think the thing I liked the most is that Tyrion was fun, not mopey. Tyrion is my favorite character, and he spent all of Season 3 being mopey. (Season 4 didn't bother me because the stakes were higher). Here he was having adventures again.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I definitely could have done with more "Varys + Tyrion Road Trip: The Hangover IV."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I definitely could have done with more "Varys + Tyrion Road Trip: The Hangover IV."
    Yes, I think that's the main thing I liked about this season, and also his interactions with Jorah, scintillating conversationalist.

I think I understand Tyrion pretty well as a character; he's someone that wants to do good, but is never going to be seen as one of the good guys by most people. He's kind of an outcast; not someone who is good at fitting into a crowd.

I also identify with Jon Snow's struggles in later seasons/books. (Not so much earlier on, when he just want to go and fight the wildings.)

Ultimately, I want to be Jon Snow, but I'm really more like Tyrion in terms of personality and attitude to the world.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink: