Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1914

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Also, I cannot express how much I want the Hound to come back and put an end to his asshole brother once and for all.
    Sadly, the way Martin writes, if the Hound comes back to fight the Mountain, the Mountain will probably kill him in the worst way possible. But if he is merciful for once, it would be appropriate for the Hound to hold the Mountain in a fire, consuming him even if it also consumes the Hound. That would be apropos and give a sense of closure to their lifelong anmity and maybe provide some satisfaction for Sandor -- he would be giving back to his brother what his brother gave to him, AND "winning" in a sense, AND overcoming his fear of the flame and that childhood experience for a larger cause.

put another way, it would be pretty damned heroic.

But we all know how GRRM feels about that kind of thing, lol. Maybe he should let Terry Brooks write that page for him.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sadly, the way Martin writes, if the Hound comes back to fight the Mountain, the Mountain will probably kill him in the worst way possible. But if he is merciful for once, it would be appropriate for the Hound to hold the Mountain in a fire, consuming him even if it also consumes the Hound. That would be apropos and give a sense of closure to their lifelong anmity and maybe provide some satisfaction for Sandor -- he would be giving back to his brother what his brother gave to him, AND "winning" in a sense, AND overcoming his fear of the flame and that childhood experience for a larger cause.

put another way, it would be pretty damned heroic.

But we all know how GRRM feels about that kind of thing, lol. Maybe he should let Terry Brooks write that page for him.
    I don't know. I think the hound is going to win somehow, and the mountain is going to lose. The hound might not live at the end of it, and it might be bittersweet like you said, but I think he's going to be the one to defeat the mountain.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't know. I think the hound is going to win somehow, and the mountain is going to lose. The hound might not live at the end of it, and it might be bittersweet like you said, but I think he's going to be the one to defeat the mountain.
    I want to believe that.

I do I do I do I do I do believe! I do!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I want to believe that.

I do I do I do I do I do believe! I do!
    Yeah, you're probably right. The mountain is still going to be kicking around causing trouble as always. Maybe this time, though, he's going to do something good!
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

LOL @ Brienne and Stannis. I love Brienne. She's so......Her final 'speech', the declaration of an honorable knight as one would read in the books (not in reality), before she asks him for any last words, which, was pretty poignant,
    She's an idiot. What did she say again? In the name of Renly of house Baratheon first of his name Rightful king of the andals and the first men.

Retard alert. He didn't even have a claim.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    She's an idiot. What did she say again? In the name of Renly of house Baratheon first of his name Rightful king of the andals and the first men.

Retard alert. He didn't even have a claim.
    All three of them were usurpers. Stannis was a loser, though. At least Robert and Renly could gain supporters and make people want to follow them.

All three of them were usurpers. Stannis was a loser, though. At least Robert and Renly could gain supporters and make people want to follow them.
    You can claim the first one is a usurper. The next in line is not.

Also regarding the popularity contest

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

You can claim the first one is a usurper. The next in line is not.

Also regarding the popularity contest

"You really think having a crown gives you power? " -- Tywin Lannister.

The Baratheons are all traitorous usurpers. Purge them with fire and blood.

"You really think having a crown gives you power? " -- Tywin Lannister.
    And that's exactly why the Targaryens went the way of the dino. If you really think this then you shouldn't care who's a usurper and who isn't.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

And that's exactly why the Targaryens went the way of the dino. If you really think this then you shouldn't care who's a usurper and who isn't.
    I know who is still in the running, and who isn't. Your boi Stannis isn't looking too good right now.