Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1964

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, you're talking about events shown in Season 1 here, where Ned (as Hand) basically damns Gregor for raiding the riverlands and sends a group of knights out to execute him? (yeah, that didn't go so well.) I think season 6 is supposed to go back to the riverlands.
    We never saw him do it on screen, but he had someone send Ned a message in the throne room. A great deal of Arya's travel in seasons 3 and 4 were also through the riverlands. Where did you hear that about season 6?

Maybe. You need something to live for.

It affected Arya. The faceless ones reprimanded her for lying when she said she didn't care about him.
    Yeah, I don't really like the faceless men, but it might be something Arya needs to do for now.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    We never saw him do it on screen, but he had someone send Ned a message in the throne room. A great deal of Arya's travel in seasons 3 and 4 were also through the riverlands. Where did you hear that about season 6?
    Don't ask me. I've read so many articles on Vox and Verge and wherever else over this season, it was in them / in an interview somewhere, I think.

Yeah, I don't really like the faceless men, but it might be something Arya needs to do for now.
    As a side note, I find it amusing how people just don't know how to grasp the faceless men. Reviews keep referring to Jaqen as if he was real or "I'm so glad Jaqen isn't really dead" but NO ... there is no Jaqen! That was the whole point, which is pretty breathtaking. He's just a face that pulls off, worn by whoever happens to be wearing him. He doesn't exist. Once upon a time, he was someone who died, and now his face is being used. Was the Jaqen (or the other Jaqen) or any of the Jaqens Arya has seen ever been the same Jaqen? Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows? Individuals don't exist. They are truly no one.

if Arya goes in, she isn't coming out. I think she'll break out before she totally loses herself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Udog liked this post

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Wow, that was a pretty packed and intense episode. If I'm on that show, I'd want to restructure my contract so that I'm never to appear in Episode 9 or 10. (Except in the final season.)

So, do you guys think Stannis is really dead? I'm not so sure. They didn't actually show his death, afterall, and you know the rule about off screen deaths to major characters. Still, it could be argued we were seeing his final moments through this eyes, and Brienne didn't look like a happy woman.

Initially, I was 100% sure he was still alive... but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Wow, that was a pretty packed and intense episode. If I'm on that show, I'd want to restructure my contract so that I'm never to appear in Episode 9 or 10. (Except in the final season.)

So, do you guys think Stannis is really dead? I'm not so sure. They didn't actually show his death, afterall, and you know the rule about off screen deaths to major characters. Still, it could be argued we were seeing his final moments through this eyes, and Brienne didn't look like a happy woman.
    I think Stannis is dead. After everything that happened to him, what else is left for his character to do, anyway?

Jon may or may not be back.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think Stannis is dead. After everything that happened to him, what else is left for his character to do, anyway?
    Yeah, that's what I'm beginning to think. They need to start removing story lines to make room for the new ones next season, and they only have 2 more seasons to wrap this all up.

I just wish they hadn't made it ambiguous.

Jon may or may not be back.
    The show runners and Kit Harrington are doing a hell of a job selling the fact that he's dead, I'll say that much.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    STFU

Welp. Dorne was a bust till the very end. They could have handled it in two episodes.

Jon's story could go this way or that, but I sincerely doubt that the Night's King (the actual big bad of the entire series), would meet Jon and take the time to personally puff his chest out to him if the show runners were actually planning on ending Kit Harrington's contract. The only reason they have to kill Jon Snow, imho, is to spite book readers and their wacky theories.

So if Jon's dead, then I guess all I have left to care about in Westeros is the Greyjoy plot line, (which they are casting in season 6). The Greyjoy storyline is one of my favorites in the entire series.

"All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Kit Harrington may or may not be back, but I feel pretty sure Jon Snow will be, whether he worgs into Wolf or gets a blood magic resurrection.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Initially, I was 100% sure he was still alive... but the more I think about it, the more I wonder.
    I think Stannis is dead. I don't think Brienne would have left until she was 100% sure she had kept her vow.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, Udog liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I don't think Brienne would have left until she was 100% sure she had kept her vow.
    I agree with that. So is there anything that would have made her change her mind at the last second? That's the only recourse I see here, for Stannis to have lived. (Other than her getting cut down by someone or something right before she kills him.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree with that. So is there anything that would have made her change her mind at the last second? That's the only recourse I see here, for Stannis to have lived. (Other than her getting cut down by someone or something right before she kills him.)
    You know, I think it would have been wiser for her to kill the Hound to avenge Renly's death. That would have made sense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink: