User Tag List

Page 152 of 192 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

^ I can see where they are coming from, as that has been Stannis' MO throughout the show. He has no choice. He must become who he was destined to be. He even said as much to Shireen, in a roundabout way of explaining his upcoming 'choice'.

What makes Stannis' character morbidly fascinating, and at the same time, equally dull, is that there is no semblance of what he wants. What his passion is (beyond sometimes wanting to fuck the Red Woman). I still don't know, and am not convinced, that Stannis wants to be King, in his heart of hearts. It is his rightful duty to fulfill his destiny, which is said that he will be king, so he...must.

Stannis, what do you want?

And, he'd dourly reply, "That is not a relevant question to ask."

Which has driven his plot thus far. He needs an Fi sledgehammer to hit him over the head, as a fish needs water.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Stannis believes that Shireen and everyone in Westeros is doomed if he doesn't fulfill his destiny and become king. He's more concerned about the white walkers than anything else. In his mind if this sacrifice is not made then he won't even get through with the Boltons, meaning that not only Shireen, but all of Westeros will be demolished by the white walkers. If he doesn't sacrifice Shireen then Shireen will eventually perish, causing him to fail in all of those things you mentioned above. If he does sacrifice Shireen then he will fail in those things above, but also save the world. Of course this is what Stannis believes, it's not clear whether he's truly Azor Ahai. All of that stuff about honor and what not, standing in a certain spot, etc, is irrelevant. I'm not saying you're rooting for the Boltons; but they've done worst. They've conspired in breaking ceremony of guest right, betrayed their king, and Ramsey killed the only person who showed affection for him, his half brother.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

When they talk about various scenes, it's clear they have a deep understanding of what is going on and the inner workings of the characters (they're very articulate), but there have been missteps from time to time where something that I think they are too close to isn't conveyed the way they had hoped. (Like Shireen's mother's "flip" back to trying to stop the burning, for example. Or pacing during the fight scene at the end of the episode.) I really wasn't very anxious during the fight, there were far too many beats where in a real fight, Jorah would have been dead; and instead there were just lots of conventional pauses that in the end allowed him to live. It wasn't at all like the Mountain vs the Viper, where every second was real and potentially deadly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Qre:us liked this post

^ @Jennifer, good find.

I completely missed the mark on Dany's motivation at the moment, when she joined hands with her Lady in Waiting, and closed her eyes. I actually thought she was deliberately harnessing her power to call on her dragon, while it seemed that the scene was to be read as her resigning herself to die with dignity.

Completely read correctly, Shireen's mother's motivation, and Jorah during the pit fight scene, and also Tyrion. Totally missed the mark on Dany.

I think it says something about the actors, how effectively they communicate the character's motivation, in any given moment, through verbal, but especially, non-verbal cues/expressions.

But, then again, it could be me being a dunce audience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I completely missed the mark on Dany's motivation at the moment, when she joined hands with her Lady in Waiting, and closed her eyes. I actually thought she was deliberately harnessing her power to call on her dragon, while it seemed that the scene was to be read as her resigning herself to die with dignity.
    I came at it the opposite way -- I felt like she was preparing for the end with her best female friend (kind of like how Frodo and Sam in the books at the last cast themselves down together before the lava overtook them... right before they were snatched up by the eagles), and then when the dragon appeared, I thought, "wait, was she trying to call him?"

I think it says something about the actors, how effectively they communicate the character's motivation, in any given moment, through verbal, but especially, non-verbal cues/expressions.

But, then again, it could be me being a dunce audience.
    I am generally impressed by the actors in this show, even when a scene doesn't work out like it should; I usually consider it to be a mistake of writing, directing (to coax the right performance for an emotional arc in how it fits together), or editing (where they screw up the pacing or cut something necessary so that we can actually sense what's happening).

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also thought Dany was resigning herself to die when she too Missandei's hand, but it didn't occur to me when Drogon appeared that she might have been trying to call him. She seemed as surprised to see him as the others.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have only this to contribute to the thread:

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Ivy, Totenkindly, Osprey, senza tema, C.J.Woolf liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Interesting tidbit about Jorah:

Jon's dragonsteel sword actually is supposed to be his, except after he got nabbed for slaving the poachers, he dropped the sword off with Daddy (commander of the night's watch) and high-tailed it out of Westeros.

I'm finally starting to make sense out of this huge tapestry, it just takes some time to get all the details to register (who everyone is) and then how they are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I also thought Dany was resigning herself to die when she too Missandei's hand, but it didn't occur to me when Drogon appeared that she might have been trying to call him. She seemed as surprised to see him as the others.
    I registered her surprise that her mentally calling him, actually worked! As he's the rebellious one of her children, the one she has no control over (supposedly), the one who doesn't listen and goes on random kid-killing spree (both the goat and human kind). LOL.

Same scene, so many interpretations! Love it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I want to believe she was imagining Jorah with his clothes off and how hot he had been in the pit fighting, but then the dragon showed up and ruined the moment, damning Jorah to an eternity of unsatiated friendzoning. POOR JORAH.

Likes Osprey liked this post