User Tag List

First 50100140148149150151152160 Last

Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1915

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    They were just playing a version of slap. Haven't you ever played that? I was playing that in high school decades ago. The thing is that, the characters actually seemed more real in those scenes than they did pretending to be badasses.
    I have no idea what that was. I thought it was meant to be some kind of badass warrior thing, but it really didn't seem that hard. It's more of just an ordinary game?

Oh, funny tweet I saw:

ROFL.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I have no idea what that was. I thought it was meant to be some kind of badass warrior thing, but it really didn't seem that hard. It's more of just an ordinary game?
    Yeah, there's two versions I played: Slap and Knuckles. They're both similar.

With Slap, the slapper puts their hands out palm up. The person being slapped puts their hands face down on top. The slapper tries to slap either hand. If they miss, the two trade roles; if they slap successfully, then they get to keep slapping. If you jerk your hands away and they don't actually try to slap you, you have to put your hands back.

With Knuckles, you put your fists out (fingers down) so that they touch, and the one person tries to hit the other person's knuckles. Same outcomes as above. I've seen people bruise and bloody another person's knuckles playing that game.

Sometimes in the more cutthroat versions, if you jerk your hands away when the other person doesn't actually try to hit you, then they get a free hit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, there's two versions I played: Slap and Knuckles. They're both similar.

With Slap, the slapper puts their hands out palm up. The person being slapped puts their hands face down on top. The slapper tries to slap either hand. If they miss, the two trade roles; if they slap successfully, then they get to keep slapping. If you jerk your hands away and they don't actually try to slap you, you have to put your hands back.

With Knuckles, you put your fists out (fingers down) so that they touch, and the one person tries to hit the other person's knuckles. Same outcomes as above. I've seen people bruise and bloody another person's knuckles playing that game.

Sometimes in the more cutthroat versions, if you jerk your hands away when the other person doesn't actually try to hit you, then they get a free hit.
    that game of slap was very fun to watch and sent a chuckle of delight out of me.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I was also totally expecting this from Davos.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Let me just take a moment to say that Kerry Ingram did a wonderful job as Shireen. Her portrayal has been spot on since the beginning, bringing a warmth (heh) and genuineness that so few characters in Game of Thrones have. Her final scene was heartbreaking, and she acted the hell out of it.

Having said that, I agree with @Jennifer and was peeved at the flip-flopping characterization between Stannis and his wife Selyse. I might be able to be talked into Stannis changing his mind about sacrificing his daughter after becoming desperate, but Selyse has always hated Shireen for what she represented, and was flat out abusive towards her. Selyse is also the most fanatical of R'hllor's followers. It really seems like a case of breaking characterization to try and increase the drama (and probably set up a plot line for season 6), and it's the sort of thing that really takes me out of the story.

Also... OF COURSE Ramsay and his "20 good men" completely destroyed Stannis' camp without any casualties. I'll just resign myself to the show version of Ramsay being an Arnold Schwarzenegger caliber action hero. Hopefully he said things such as "You're Fired" and "If you can't stand the heat... get out of the kitchen" as he was lighting the food tents ablaze.

They were just playing a version of slap. Haven't you ever played that? I was playing that in high school decades ago. The thing is that, the characters actually seemed more real in those scenes than they did pretending to be badasses.
    David Benioff has a funny story about getting extremely drunk and challenging Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) to a game of slap. Apparently Momoa hits VERY hard, and David wouldn't give up. The next day or two later, his hands continued to swell up and his wife eventually forced him to go to the ER. This little addition was almost certainly David's idea.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Let me just take a moment to say that Kerry Ingram did a wonderful job as Shireen. Her portrayal has been spot on since the beginning, bringing a warmth (heh)
    *groan*

and genuineness that so few characters in Game of Thrones have. Her final scene was heartbreaking, and she acted the hell out of it.
    Yes, she was delightful pretty much in any scene she was in.

Also... OF COURSE Ramsay and his "20 good men" completely destroyed Stannis' camp without any casualties. I'll just resign myself to the show version of Ramsay being an Arnold Schwarzenegger caliber action hero. Hopefully he said things such as "You're Fired" and "If you can't stand the heat... get out of the kitchen" as he was lighting the food tents ablaze.
    Yeah, that was kind of.... meh.

In this case, maybe Ramsay seeing Shireen and kidnapping her for his Twisted Pleasure Palace might have been the LESSER of two evils for her. Could you believe that? Ramsay kidnapping Shireen and the audience breathes a sigh of relief?

David Benioff has a funny story about getting extremely drunk and challenging Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) to a game of slap. Apparently Momoa hits VERY hard, and David wouldn't give up. The next day or two later, his hands continued to swell up and his wife eventually forced him to go to the ER. This little addition was almost certainly David's idea.
    hahaha! Thanks for that tidbit. Maybe if he hadn't been so drunk and could feel it all, he might have quit earlier.

EDIT:
    GOT’s Davos on Being Sent Away by Stannis -- Vulture

...Did you do anything to say good-bye to Kerry Ingram, the actress who played Shireen?

I had a little moment with Kerry. We exchanged gifts, as our characters did. I gave her a little silver stag, and she gave me a beautiful cushion with an embroidered stag on it, and it was completely by coincidence that we both had these little stag things that we gave to each other. I think in was in the last couple of days before production shut down for the season. So it was sad, because I really respect her, not only as a glorious young lady and a beautiful human being, but she's also fantastically professional and well prepared on set. She's got a wicked sense of humor as well. She's just lovely. So professionally, I'm really sad that I won't be working with her again. Those were some of my favorite scenes, what I did with her.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

*groan*

Yes, she was delightful pretty much in any scene she was in.

Yeah, that was kind of.... meh.

In this case, maybe Ramsay seeing Shireen and kidnapping her for his Twisted Pleasure Palace might have been the LESSER of two evils for her. Could you believe that? Ramsay kidnapping Shireen and the audience breathes a sigh of relief?

hahaha! Thanks for that tidbit. Maybe if he hadn't been so drunk and could feel it all, he might have quit earlier.

EDIT:
    GOT’s Davos on Being Sent Away by Stannis -- Vulture
    I expect this is why Stannis sent Davos away. He knew what he would have done. I suspect the thing about getting supplies was just a pretext, and he likely believed that Melisandre's BS was the only option he had.

Diplomacy and lateral thinking are the weapons of Davos, and Melisandre uses any means available — shadow babies and leeches and fire and magic. They both want the same thing, but Davos wants to do it honorably, and that's where the dramatic clash comes from. But because Stannis doesn't want to do what he's going to do, he sidelines Davos and sends him away, because he doesn't want to look in Davos's eyes when he does this. He wouldn't be able to go through with it. And yet, he wants to get on the throne. And he's convinced Davos wouldn't let him do it — Davos would sacrifice himself just to save Shireen. So he has to get him out of the way.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Totenkindly, Ivy, Udog liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And there was this too:
    https://games.yahoo.com/news/game-th...162109332.html
    Apparently it's from Martin, not from the showrunners...

-----------------

Predictions for the finale?

AVOIDING READING THREAD!!! MY EYES!! THEY BURN AT THE RESISTANCE!!!

My stupid satellite went Valar Morghulis, yesterday, so I haven't watched it yet!
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

And there was this too:
    https://games.yahoo.com/news/game-th...162109332.html
    Apparently it's from Martin, not from the showrunners...
    Shireen getting burned is probably from Martin, but I'm not sure if Stannis will be the one to do it. In the books, Melisandre, Shireen, and Selyse are still at the Wall while Stannis and his army are trapped in the blizzard a few days away from Winterfell.

And no comments on the finale, as I think several stories will fit the books pretty closely, and a few others will be modified versions of what's in the books.