User Tag List

First 4595135143144145146147155 Last

Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1915

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Varys is my favorite spider ever.

... I bet the whole story is just a meta-game of Go between Varys (white) and Littlefinger (black).
    It is going to be a song of ice and fire. Varys and Littlefinger, however impactful during the summer, are going to be but minor pieces on a much larger board in the end. Dany and Jon will be in the fire squadron and Darth Maul in the ice squadron. Everything else seems pretty negligible.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It is going to be a song of ice and fire. Varys and Littlefinger, however impactful during the summer, are going to be but minor pieces on a much larger board in the end. Dany and Jon will be in the fire squadron and Darth Maul in the ice squadron. Everything else seems pretty negligible.
    Not if Jon ends up a Walker!
    (Darth Maul there has his eye on him.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Not if Jon ends up a Walker!
    (Darth Maul there has his eye on him.)
    Well, actually all the signs point to Dany being Azor Ahai, but that is what makes me wonder. I somehow believe (or wish) Martin would make it more difficult to figure it out and that, therefore, it should be Jon. Either is fine by me. But in any case, Jon must survive for the fucking story to make sense.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, actually all the signs point to Dany being Azor Ahai, but that is what makes me wonder. I somehow believe (or wish) Martin would make it more difficult to figure it out and that, therefore, it should be Jon. Either is fine by me. But in any case, Jon must survive for the fucking story to make sense.
    Yeah, that's what I'm down to myself.

Martin has tried to shake things up by killing off people who the audience thought were important, but he's kind of got himself in a corner with Jon because the beauty of certain things that are tying together and making ANY sort of sense would be unsalvageable if he bit it. We're also moving into endgame positioning at this point; earlier in the game, it was okay to clear some "important looking" pieces off the board because there were others left.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    The last scene, with the Whitewalker Leader and Jon, the face-off, wow. As he slowly raises his hands, turning all the fallen wildings into wights........as if saying to Jon, "Thank you for my army. We shall see each other soon."
    Yes, that was spooky. Every victory for the White Walkers is another undead, hard to kill wight. Their power increases at least by a factor of two; they don't just kill their enemies, they make them fight for them.

I'm also wondering how the fire zombies fit in. They're clearly different, though. They appear capable of speech unlike the wights, and they seem interested in things other than just killing.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Show watchers don't know what a fire zombie is, really.

maybe we don't want to know yet... i don't know enough about what not to know...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Show watchers don't know what a fire zombie is, really.

maybe we don't want to know yet... i don't know enough about what not to know...
    We've already seen one in season 3.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

I think it is very unlikely and would very much diminish his character if he were indeed a Targaryen.

As for Jon's ice-splitting: Azor Ahai or Valyrian steel? I hope it is the first hint at the former.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    We've already seen one in season 3.
    I think I know who you mean, but I don't think the show explicitly called that a zombie; it seemed more like a resurrection. Lots of differences in behavior too.

Riva:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I think I know who you mean, but I don't think the show explicitly called that a zombie; it seemed more like a resurrection. Lots of differences in behavior too.
    Yes, well, I was echoing @Qre:us on that terminology. It's an undead human, at any rate, even if he acts nothing like the ice zombies. I remember in the book wondering what was up with that, and thinking that it was interesting that fire magic could also raise the dead. We don't see in the books how the White Walkers raise the dead, although we saw it the other night. Nevertheless, the effects appear to be somewhat different.

I think my favorite scenes were actually the Danerys-Tyrion interactions. What do you think led Danerys to trust Tyrion? What led Tyrion to trust Danerys?