User Tag List

Page 140 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    @GarrotTheThief: Please don't post book spoilers (if they are) without clearly identifying them as such; if someone is assuming you have a show spoiler (the default) and you end up revealing something from later in the books, you screw it up for them.

Everyone in the past has been pretty good about that, even with the duel for Tyrion's life last season.

If you mark it as a book spoiler, people then know what it is and can choose not to read it.
    My apologies fair Jennifer of the Sherwood and Spoilers, lady of the lake of differentiating between book and show; forgive me....

Now that I know I shall do not!
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us
    Cersei just enraged the Head Rose. It's on like King Kong. Can't wait to see what Oleanna does to Cersei.....using the Sparrows (am pretty sure, she'll enlist the maneuverings of Littlefinger to achieve it).
    It's kind of amusing to read her monologue in the books here, just to see how out of touch she is with what's actually going on. She's making terrible terrible decision after terrible decision, alienating allies left and right, and ignoring the advice of everyone around her for no other reason than the fact that she thinks that's what Tywin would have done.. That being said, it did get a little tedious for me. It helps here in that it's broken up by other things, whereas the 4th book was mostly from her perspective.

I want more ACTION!!!
    See, I like that this season, (and Book 5 by extension) placed a lot of importance on the ins and outs of politics. It's all about people having to make tough choices and dealing with the fallout from those choices. I find that interesting. Regarding actions, I tend to zone out during smaller fights, although I like the big epic battle scenes. Especially if ships, space or otherwise, are involved.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I want more ACTION!!!
    Don't worry. Soon enough the show will add more nameless men who exist for no reason other than to be slaughtered to satiate the public's blood lust.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Don't worry. Soon enough the show will add more nameless men who exist for no reason other than to be slaughtered to satiate the public's blood lust.
    Let's not forget the nameless women and their big ol' titties, that exist for no other reason than to provide sexploitation!!

But, I'm crossing my fingers for an epic bloodless war. They're a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    It's kind of amusing to read her monologue in the books here, just to see how out of touch she is with what's actually going on. She's making terrible terrible decision after terrible decision, alienating allies left and right, and ignoring the advice of everyone around her for no other reason than the fact that she thinks that's what Tywin would have done.. That being said, it did get a little tedious for me. It helps here in that it's broken up by other things, whereas the 4th book was mostly from her perspective.
    There's something very tragic about Cersei's tailspin down into the darkness of her despair. She literally has no one, now. She's losing her control and her reaction is to assert more control, which is all wrong.The more she tries to hold on (to the upper hand), the worse she makes the situation. Oleanna gave good insight into Cersei's tragic flaw, as opposed to Tywin. Cersei takes the whole LION identity too far. Tywin, with wisdom, understood that sometimes even the mighty lion has to bend (or appear to).

A reed before the wind lives on, while the mighty oak falls.

I'm sure that whatever happens to her, as a consequence of what she did to Loras and Margery, she will desperately seek out help/true allies. And there will be no one to save her. Which will be a stark reminder of what she's done to people that she can't call on a single person to be by her side. She will likely call on Jaime to come help her, to save her. And, he, knee-deep in his own mission, one he was sent on by Cersei, in Dorne, which he's realizing was partly a ridiculous cause to take up, as his daughter is, in no way, being ill-treated, or held against her will, will respond exasperatedly at her summon, once again! Ignoring it and her. And she'll feel desperately alone.

In that way, it is interesting to see Cersei's own character arc (backwards).

See, I like that this season, (and Book 5 by extension) placed a lot of importance on the ins and outs of politics. It's all about people having to make tough choices and dealing with the fallout from those choices. I find that interesting. Regarding actions, I tend to zone out during smaller fights, although I like the big epic battle scenes. Especially if ships, space or otherwise, are involved.
    I find this season, so far, to be a placeholder season, of sorts. Things are being set up, pieces moved into place, and yes, one needs to see the story and how it's unfolding, the slow build for the climax, to understand how the pieces move into place, but it's too much like exposition, when reading a book.

SHOW, rather than TELL.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Maybe the wights and the Boltons, Lannisters, Targaryans, & Barantheons can all shake hands and go home, or settle things over a quidditch match.

(Whereupon suddenly Braavos reminds them their loans are overdue and thus repossess Westeros. For that is the Game of Thrones: You win or you die... or you go bankrupt and lose everything you have and end up living in the gutter with Cersei)

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Let's not forget the nameless women and their big ol' titties, that exist for no other reason than to provide sexploitation!!
    Well, I did get to see Ramsay's ass this season.

It wasn't a bad ass in itself, but considering what it was attached to... *shudder*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Maybe the wights and the Boltons, Lannisters, Targaryans, & Barantheons can all shake hands and go home, or settle things over a quidditch match.
    The most likely ending probably has something to do with everyone banding together against the wights. Dragons may also be involved.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    The most likely ending probably has something to do with everyone banding together against the wights. Dragons may also be involved.
    Maybe Dany will have to Kill Her Darlings.

You'd think the Wights and Dragons and Stone Men (and Shadow Demon Babies) would realize they'd have the best chance for survival if they banded together against the humans.

I can just see most people getting taken out in the final battle... and then the most ruthless human (if they win) killing off the few other victors on the field and blaming it on the wights.

Or King's Landing gets blown up at the end and there is no more Westeros. The THrone is gone.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I can just see most people getting taken out in the final battle... and then the most ruthless human (if they win) killing off the few other victors on the field and blaming it on the wights.
    I think the ending won't be entirely bleak and will have some hopeful notes to it. That's just the kind of vibe I'm getting.

Or King's Landing gets blown up at the end and there is no more Westeros. The THrone is gone.

Given the vision Danerys had, it's entirely possible. All this stuff about factions, as fascinating as I find the maneuvering of all the players, might just be entirely irrelevant in the end.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Well, I get an idea of how Cersei will probably go:

Was all this mentioned in the show? I don't remember all the wording in that first episode now. But this is the book quote of the witch's curse here:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Well, I get an idea of how Cersei will probably go:

Was all this mentioned in the show? I don't remember all the wording in that first episode now. But this is the book quote of the witch's curse here:
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post