Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I don't read the books but in the books, do Jaime and Brienne fall in love? Or move towards that direction?
    I'm not sure if it's love, but they clearly have come to respect each other. I think in Brienne's case there is a romantic attraction, but I'm not sure if it's reciprocated from what I remember. The show has given more hints towards reciprocity.
    I think I asked this a long time ago, and @Udog helpfully gave some answers, but apparently Brienne betrays Jaime to save Pod but, it doesn't matter as the show has completely taken out that story.
    They're pushing Brienne's story in an entirely different direction.... she never heads North to be a guest at Ramsey's wedding at all in the books.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Senior Member Array Little_Sticks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm hoping Jaime accepts he can never be the Jaime he was -- he'll never be the "best swordsman in the land" again -- yet after his minor victory here realizes that he might be able to take advantage of something he has long thought was a hindrance. Talk about Gadget Grip. What else could he do with that thing, if he just went with it?
    heh, yeah, I was thinking a hidden cannon would be cool or some kind of hidden blade that he can trigger. Or maybe some kind of poison dagger thrower or something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    heh, yeah, I was thinking a hidden cannon would be cool or some kind of hidden blade that he can trigger. Or maybe some kind of poison dagger thrower or something.
    I think what might work the best would be something that launches a miniature beehive at opponents.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Little_Sticks liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think what might work the best would be something that launches a miniature beehive at opponents.
    I noticed that Jaime replaced the "golden hand", that ostentatious gift given by Cersei, with a molding made out of some kind black steel? Or, is he wearing a glove on that hand?

I'd like to think that his golden hand is gone, showing his transition from ego (somewhat, his snark is still there) towards humility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyL3O10uPjs

Imagine getting bitch-slapped or smacked by that thing?!

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I thought he was wearing a glove of it, that's all. I could be wrong. But I was like, "Well, at least he's TRYING to be a little secretive."

The whole grudge is so stupid.

Oberyn volunteered.
    Jaime wanted Oberyn to win.
    Oberyn screwed up and threw the match.
    Now Ellaria wants to murder a Lannister kid who happens to be Jaime's, in retaliation, to start a war.
    Jaime just wants his daughter back.
    More needless death and killing
    Basically, the "victims" of everyone else's machinations are now going to start killing each other.

But wait, guess whose fault it all actually is?
    It's Cersie's, because she wanted to blame Tyrion for Joffrey's death.
    She'd cut off her nose to spite her face.

(Actually, you could claim that Olenna caused it. Those Tyrell's... not a lot of military power, but the most socially savvy and sneaky there aside from Mace, who I suspect will soon be expunged.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

(Actually, you could claim that Olenna caused it. Those Tyrell's... not a lot of military power, but the most socially savvy and sneaky there aside from Mace, who I suspect will soon be expunged.)
    Actually, according to the books, the Tyrells have a larger army than the Lannisters at this point, which were heavily affected by fighting Robb's forces. I'm assuming this is still true in the show, and just hasn't really been brought to the forefront yet. They also are the only naval power left in Westeros, other than the Greyjoys.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Actually, according to the books, the Tyrells have a larger army than the Lannisters at this point, which were heavily affected by fighting Robb's forces. I'm assuming this is still true in the show, and just hasn't really been brought to the forefront yet.
    Interesting.

But yeah, we really haven't seen the Tyrells out yet on TV -- basically we only have seen Olenna, Loras, Margaery, and Mace, and maybe some of their underlings at the royal wedding.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Interesting.

But yeah, we really haven't seen the Tyrells out yet on TV -- basically we only have seen Olenna, Loras, Margaery, and Mace, and maybe some of their underlings at the royal wedding.
    There was that guy with the cheese. We might get into the Tyrells more as the Margaery/Cersei conflict continues.

Also regarding naval powers.... in the books, the Starks had no navy (which let them get screwed by the Greyjoys), but one of Robb's bannermen, Lord Manderly started building ships, albeit not quickly enough to protect against the Greyjoys. Lord Manderly is still around. I'm not sure if the show is going to include his storyline or not, but I hope so.

By the way, I found Oberyn's one of the most upsetting deaths in the books. I loved that character, and thought he would be a major player farther on down the line. I wanted him and Tyrion to go off on adventures and plot revenge against Cersei and Tywin. Alas, Martin, it was not to be.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

So do people think they're going to do a scenario at some point in the future where a plague sweeps Westeros, making things even worse and perhaps adding more wights into the mix once the White Walkers break through the wall?

The bit with the disease is in the book, too, in altered form, so I'm assuming it's pretty important if it's something they decided to keep.

Also, how awesome was Jon Snow this episode? Overall, this was a very North-centric episode. Sansa really looked like she was having a blast during that dinner party, didn't she? I'm glad they delved into the fact that Roose is just as depraved as Ramsay is, he's just smarter about it. I think that's a pretty important point. Ultimately, they truly are father and son; it's a perverse twisting of the Jon Snow/ Ned Stark thing.

Again, the previews for next week hint at more storylines that I'm utterly clueless about. Which I love.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Jon Snow, manning up -- pretty cool. He's now moved from a character I'd roll my eyes over every time I knew an episode would focus on him to someone I find interesting to observe... but maybe that's because he's actually becoming an active versus passive character.

The Reek stuff was just nightmarish. I'm still kind of surprised he just didn't blurt out that he didn't really do what everyone thinks he's done, but ... Hmmm.. I also now understand that Roose Bolton is actually as much a psychopath as his son, except he's learned how to wear a social face to his own benefit while Ramsay just doesn't care.

I'm also seeing a collision course between Sansa, Brienne, and Stannis. I have a feeling [at least] one of those last two isn't leaving the season alive.

Oh Jorah, you'd better

Bonus question:
    Where the hell is Rickard anyway? The boy has been consigned to off-screen hell for two seasons or something. Is he just going to show up at the end after everyone is dead and become the King of Westeros?