User Tag List

First 311121314152363113 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't even own a TV to pay for a subscription to. -_-
    *invites Patches to come over each Sunday to watch glorious TV with her*

Society

you people know you can just google "watch [insert episode/show/movie] online for free" to pretty much get a stream of anything you want to watch? not to mention there's plenty of websites dedicated to indexing stream servers by shows/episodes etc, even emailing you when the episodes you like get released online... just google "watch tv online for free" or anything of the sort...

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you people know you can just google "watch [insert episode/show/movie] online for free" to pretty much get a stream of anything you want to watch? not to mention there's plenty of websites dedicated to indexing stream servers by shows/episodes etc, even emailing you when the episodes you like get released online... just google "watch tv online for free" or anything of the sort...
    I don't think anyone here is having difficulty pirating the episodes. It's simply that given the choice, many of us would opt to pay for it if HBO would but give us the option.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Society

I don't think anyone here is having difficulty pirating the episodes. It's simply that given the choice, many of us would opt to pay for it if HBO would but give us the option.
    ...buy the seasonal DVDs after each season.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

THE KING OF THE NORTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Society

god damn weeky episodic content... come on, we know they've filmed them... giv'em to us!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

...buy the seasonal DVDs after each season.
    That is what I just said.
    I downloaded all of Season 1 and then bought it on DVD when it came out to support it. Ill do the same with Season 2. When HBO learns to embrace the power of internet consumers, I'll gladly give them my money.
    But that doesn't nothing to help me follow the season on a current/weekly basis.

You don't seem to be following the conversation. I don't have any issue finding the show if I want it, I'm just venting about the fact that some media companies fail to embrace the internet as a source of income. There are a large base of consumers who /would/ like to give them our money in exchange for watching Game of Thrones as it airs, but they've made it completely impossible for us to do so without resorting to piracy. I do not like pirating. I do not want to pirate it. I want to pay them. And I think there are a lot of other people who would do the same. They just haven't provided the option.

It's shitty business sense.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Society

That is what I just said.

But that doesn't nothing to help me follow the season on a current/weekly basis.

You don't seem to be following the conversation. I don't have any issue finding the show if I want it, I'm just venting about the fact that some media companies fail to embrace the internet as a source of income. There are a large base of consumers who /would/ like to give them our money in exchange for watching Game of Thrones as it airs, but they've made it completely impossible for us to do so without resorting to piracy. I do not like pirating. I do not want to pirate it. I want to pay them. And I think there are a lot of other people who would do the same. They just haven't provided the option.

It's shitty business sense.
    yes, i skimmed it and completely failed to realized it's venting or that you've done what i did... sorry for that.

for the most part i agree, and worst for non americans - global distribution rights, the dreaded "you can't see this from your country" sign for the companies that do release their stuff online, so even then you end up pirating (or using proxies).

but for now i don't see the problem with pirating it now and paying later. if there's anything that the spirit of generation Y has made clear:
    paying for media = selective art donations

now we just sit and wait until someone realizes all the lobbying and campaigning against piracy is costing more money then it could possibly save in terms of forming boundaries people will jump over anyway... anytime now... we don't have all day...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

for the most part i agree, and worst for non americans - global distribution rights, the dreaded "you can't see this from your country" sign for the companies that do release their stuff online, so even then you end up pirating (or using proxies).
    This is the worst. After I saw "In the Loop", for example, I had virtually no options when it came to watching "The Thick of It" except online illegally (especially since there are zero plans to release the DVDs in the US. I hope the new HBO series Veep is popular, because it has the same creator as "The Thick of It" and if that show takes off they might decide it could be profitable to release the show here).

Oh, I could also get a region-free DVD player and buy it on Amazon UK. So there's that.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

figsfiggyfigs

Why is this out?? O_O
    I don't know why. I think they do it as pre-tests for special subscribers, and someone ripped it off the site. I downloaded it.
    But this only means I have longer to wait for the next episode.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: