• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was really hoping for a lesser known story line since the last two seasons was pretty much "House of Dragons".

Yup. It feels like they are just retreating back to a "safe bet." Which means it's just rehash, as far as I care.

Miguel Sapochnik ("Hardhome" director, plus some of the better episodes) is involved, so that's a plus.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's kind of ironic that I'm a fantasy buff and dragons as they are typically done bore me. I'm looking for stuff that hasn't already been redone zillions of times... or to do it in a different way (like melding concepts together or putting some kind of freaky twist on it).

I'm not sure how much The Sun's reporting is worth.
Game of Thrones prequel - Bloodmoon plot, cast and when was it cancelled?
Game of Thrones prequel starring Naomi Watts axed as HBO decides PS30million pilot is ‘too woke’ – The Sun

Maybe Emilia Clarke is right, but probably not on this basis considering the crap of the GoT Seasons 7+8:
Emilia Clarke backs cancellation of Game of Thrones prequel Bloodmoon which ‘wasn’t as perfect as it should’ve been’ – The Sun

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm looking forward to the incest. And the Dragons. Fire and Blood kiddos fire and blood.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure how long it will take to move to Production. I know I currently feel indifferent to the whole thing and might be out of viewing it, at least until the first season is over and I decide whether it's worth my time.

All I need is another series like TWD where I don't really care but I feel like I just have to keep track of what's happening since I was watching it previously. I guess it would only be if I found the characters interesting.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones actor Jack Gleeson returning to TV for first time since playing Joffrey

Nearly six years after his bloody reign as the reviled King Joffrey came to an end on Game of Thrones, Jack Gleeson is returning to TV — and in a far less sadistic role.

The 27-year-old actor will be joining the upcoming BBC comedy series Out Of Her Mind from British comic Sara Pascoe. The show, as described in a press release from the network, "subverts the traditional sitcom format by combining eccentric characters, animation, and scientific explanation..."

Actually, I'd watch a weekly half hour sitcom about a pompous and mean-spirited young King Joffrey who was also ineffectual and constantly frustrated by his doltish royal subjects, so he was reduced to temper tantrums and foot stomping or fits of sullen ennui and whining.

Possibly all the other cast members could be Muppets.

Also, there would have to be a really awful canned laugh track.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bran-stark-game-of-thrones[1].gif

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
presumably they were either unaware of those plans, or opted not to go with them. You can really see the signs of how the show would decline from season 5 onward. There are so many deaths in season 6 that occur for no other reason than to clip out plotlines they weren't interested in exploring. I'm shocked Robin Arryn survived, honestly. The first death like that actually happened was in season 5, with Ser Barristan.

Season 6 was like... Is this something you are really interested in seeing how it plays out? Well..... "let's kill off the characters involved and forget about it."

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm gonna marry the night...king
I won't give up on my life
I'm a warrior queen
Live passionately tonight
I'm gonna marry the dark
Didnt make love to the Stark
I'm a regent to my own emptiness
I am a winner
I'm not gonna cry anymore
I'm gonna marry the night..king
Leave nothing on these streets to explore
M-m-m-marry m-m-m-marry m-m-m-marry the night...king
Oh m-m-marry m-m-m-marry m-m-m-marry the night...king
I'm gonna lace up my boots
Throw on some leather and cruise
Down the street that I love
In my fishnet gloves
I'm a sinner
Then I'll go down to the sept
But I won't cry anymore
I'll hold my whiskey up high
Kiss my brother twice
I'm a loser
I'm not gonna cry anymore
Leave nothing on these streets to explore
Nothing's too cool
To take me from you
Kings Landing is not
Just a tan that you'll never loose
Love is the new
silk or black
Skeleton swords
Or wedding bells in the sept
Get Jaime ready
Climb to royal carriage front
Won't poke holes in the seats with my heels
'Cause that's where we make love
Come on and run
Turn the carriage and run
I'm gonna burn a hole in the road
Leave nothin' on these streets to explore
I'm gonna marry, marry
I'm gonna marry, marry
Come on, come on
The night king, the night king, the night king, the night king
the night king, the night king, the night king,the night king
the night king, the night king, the night king
the night king, the night king, the night king
the night king, the night king​

It couldn't be helped. It had to be done.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow -- you go, ChatRPG!

Why did Tyrion think Bran's life was far more interesting than his own?

Tyrion Lannister, a character from George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and the TV adaptation "Game of Thrones," believes that Bran Stark's life is more interesting than his own because Bran has a unique perspective and an intriguing future ahead of him.

In the story, Bran has survived a fall from a tower, which left him paralyzed from the waist down. However, he gained the ability to see through the eyes of animals and has begun to develop other mystical abilities. Tyrion is fascinated by this and recognizes that Bran's life is taking a different path than most other characters in the story.

Furthermore, Bran's destiny is to become the Three-Eyed Raven, an all-seeing mystical figure who serves as a guide to the living and the dead. Tyrion is intrigued by the idea of someone with such a unique role and recognizes that Bran's life is far more extraordinary than his own.

In addition to Bran's unique abilities and destiny, Tyrion also sees potential in Bran's leadership and his potential to make a difference in the world. As someone who has struggled to find his place in society, Tyrion admires Bran's sense of purpose and sees him as a figure who can bring about positive change in the tumultuous world of Westeros.

Overall, Tyrion sees Bran's life as more interesting than his own because of the young Stark's unique abilities, his destiny, and his potential to make a difference in the world.

Why did Jaime go back to his sister Cersei instead of staying with Brienne? How could he be so stupid?

Jaime Lannister's decision to leave Brienne and return to Cersei is a complex one, driven by his complicated and long-standing relationship with his sister and lover.

Throughout the series, Jaime is portrayed as being deeply devoted to Cersei, despite her many flaws and the negative impact their relationship has had on his life. He has always seen himself as her protector and is willing to go to great lengths to ensure her safety and wellbeing.

Despite his growing affection for Brienne and his realization that he could be a better man with her, Jaime ultimately cannot shake his loyalty to Cersei. When he learns that Cersei is in danger and the city is under attack, he feels compelled to return to her side and try to save her.

Furthermore, Jaime has always had a complex and conflicted relationship with his identity and the way others perceive him. He is often seen as a villain and is haunted by the "Kingslayer" nickname he earned by killing the previous king he had sworn to protect. By returning to Cersei, Jaime is also returning to his past and to the identity that he has always known, even if it means giving up the chance at a better life with Brienne.

While some may see Jaime's decision as foolish or selfish, it is important to remember that his motivations are complex and that his actions are ultimately driven by his deep-seated loyalty to Cersei and his complicated sense of self-identity.