Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1915

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I find Martin's novels to be incredibly boring, albeit above average, especially compared to the Malazan series...but he is a great film producer/director/writer which makes me think he is more intj than intp since he does better working with others.
    Director? Has he directed anything?

I know he worked on the second Twilight Zone + the Beauty and Beast TV show as a writer.

He also obviously wrote the source material (AKA the books) for the HBO series, but he is not the show runner(s) and I think has only scripted one episode per season (?). So 10% of the episodes so far, and none this season, so that's really 8%. They go to him for information about the world and obviously consults for his story, but.... I'm not really sure where you're getting this from. Is he really "working with people" in terms of being Directive (AKA xxxJ) as much as you are suggesting?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Is he really "working with people" in terms of being Directive (AKA xxxJ) as much as you are suggesting?
    No, he is not. And he is obviously not an INTJ. You really only need to watch 20 seconds of any interview with him.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    No, he is not. And he is obviously not an INTJ. You really only need to watch 20 seconds of any interview with him.
    yeah, just went to youtube....he's an Informative and story spinner....P-style relay of information, casual delivery, things "unfold" with him so to speak, etc.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The problem with watching the first 4 episodes of this season in a row is that I can't remember what was in the first ep or the fourth ep and not spoil it. It all blends.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The problem with watching the first 4 episodes of this season in a row is that I can't remember what was in the first ep or the fourth ep and not spoil it. It all blends.
    Well, what do you think about what happened to Mance Rayder? That was in the first episode.

I'm curious about what Littlefinger's up to. This is an aspect of the book I was extremely curious about, and now we're headed into unknown territory. I have my theory, though.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Well, what do you think about what happened to Mance Rayder? That was in the first episode.
    ah, yeah...

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w?

Like an asshole i watched all leaked episodes.

I just hope this leaking wouldn't affect hbo too badly. If it does the budget for the next season will be considerably less.

This is what i think would happen. Not entirely sure how it works.

Glad to see Bonn back. He is such an entertaining character.

I am fine with what they did with Littlefinger and Sansa. Certainly better than Fake Arya. It also keeps Brienne in the loop, which seems to be among their goals. I imagine they talked it through with George, who, I assume, has different plans for Sansa and Littlefinger, so that the great lines of the narrative do not drift too far apart.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am fine with what they did with Littlefinger and Sansa. Certainly better than Fake Arya. It also keeps Brienne in the loop, which seems to be among their goals. I imagine they talked it through with George, who, I assume, has different plans for Sansa and Littlefinger, so that the great lines of the narrative do not drift too far apart.
    I didn't watch the leaked episodes, but I suspected that they were replacing Fake Arya with Sansa.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I find Martin's novels to be incredibly boring, albeit above average, especially compared to the Malazan series...but he is a great film producer/director/writer which makes me think he is more intj than intp since he does better working with others.

I don’t think Martin has ever directed anything.

I read the first book of the Malazan series, but couldn’t get into it enough to invest in reading the entire series. Malazan is about twice as long as Martin’s epic will be, which it often seems to be compared to in a which is better sense. I know Malazan’s hardcore readers think it’s a work of genius, and it may well be. The books seem to have found a permanent place on the Barnes & Noble shelves in any case, though I have yet to meet anyone in person who has read them all. It’s far more convoluted, with a lot more characters to keep track of than Game of Thrones. And the world-building is encyclopedic, in the vein of reading encyclopedias cover to cover (for me this gets in the way of the story). Also, it’s even grayer than Martin’s epic, with no strictly “good” or “evil” characters—it’s all relative to POV. What it comes down to is the story and characters didn’t come alive for me, which is essential in reading a long epic series. Honestly, I wonder how anyone can read Malazan and still have time for a life. Maybe you can fill me in on that.