User Tag List

First 2474114122123124125126134174 Last

Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2194

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Apparently the first four episodes of this season were leaked, available to unscrupulous people who know how to get at them...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Interview with Varys actor:
    https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thr...075739430.html

I like Varys a lot and appreciate having a better handle on him as of late... although of course you might imagine he's still holding something close to chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Apparently the first four episodes of this season were leaked, available to unscrupulous people who know how to get at them...
    Yeah, I heard. Haven't seen em...just the one that aired tonight.

I did see there was a review out a few days ago for the first four and was wondering how....
    Last edited by Bellflower; 04-13-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think I've felt like Mance Rayder quite a bit in the last few weeks.

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I hate Melisandre. She's one scary bitch, and I've thought that ever since

Anyway, I think she's got her eye on Jon Snow now. Maybe she senses he has even more lineage than Stannis. But she's just freaky. I was hoping they'd throw her on the fire, except she'd probably turn into a large cackling dragon hag or something.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyway, I think she's got her eye on Jon Snow now. Maybe she senses he has even more lineage than Stannis. But she's just freaky. I was hoping they'd throw her on the fire, except she'd probably turn into a large cackling dragon hag or something.
    Is she going to ditch Stannis at some point for Jon Snow? I think if that happens, Stannis has little chance of surviving.

At this point in the narrative, I admit I am rooting for Stannis, because the Boltons are so much worse. I always thought he was sympathetic given his childhood as sort of an unloved middle child, but I think he is so rigid and unbending that he ends up being quite unreasonable. And I find his pandering to fanaticism worse in a way than Joffrey's middle school bullying writ large. You might win over a smuggler with his brand of justice, but what about the high lords? There's hypocrisy in the fact that he never punishes the lords for fighting for Renly, because he needs their political support. The only people he punishes are the lowborn and whomever Melisandre decides needs to go on the flames.

Littlefinger is worse than all of them, though.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Is she going to ditch Stannis at some point for Jon Snow? I think of that happens, Stannis has little chance of surviving.
    I don't know. Stannis to me is an incompetent. He wouldn't even be a player, except for Melisandre (who eliminated some competition for him) and because of Davos who kept him in the game when he just gave up. He's noble in the most broadest sense of the word, and he has a legitimate claim to the throne beyond others; but he's also anal, demanding, presumptuous, and likely to be a terrible mediator.

At this point in the narrative, I admit I am rooting for Stannis, because the Boltons are so much worse.
    Well, okay, the Boltons suck. At least Dad Bolton is competent even if cutthroat; but Ramsey Bolton is a psychopath. I don't even look at them as players, they just need to be stopped.

I'm looking past the Baratheon line for a king.

Obviously the Targaryans are the big potential players -- Daenerys is an idealist who needs to be tempered with some realism, but she might be a great queen in the end. And potentially Jon Snow.

I think the Lannisters are done out of the running.

I always thought he was sympathetic given his childhood as sort of an unloved middle child, but I think he is so rigid and unbending that he ends up being quite unreasonable. And I find his pandering to fanaticism worse in a way than Joffrey's middle school bullying writ large. You might win over a smuggler with his brand of justice, but what about the high lords? There's hypocrisy in the fact that he never punishes the lords for fighting for Renly, because he needs their political support. The only people he punishes are the lowborn and whomever Melisandre decides needs to go on the flames.
    He did burn his own brother-in-law to death early on.

See above, anyway. Somewhat the same summary you have presented. He has no flexibility or compassion and is very unrealistic/unreasonable.

Littlefinger is worse than all of them, though.
    At least Baelish is fun. Stannis needs to turn that frown upside down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Have y'all heard the podcast Game of Drones? I used it last night to get to sleep. It's amazing. No substantive discussion of the show, lots of boring stories about Tommen and Ser Pounce. (And that's remarkable, because I love Tommen and Ser Pounce.)
    Likes Totenkindly, Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    STFU

I caved and saw the first four. Should I just make a separate, spoilery thread? Cause WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anew Leaf View Post
    *gasps with excitement*

Tonight the Game of Thrones series will finally premiere on HBO! Is anyone else as excited as me?

(As an aside, if you haven't read the fantasy series that it is based off of.... you really should give them a whirl. I am 34% convinced that he will finish the series before he dies. I also am pegging him as an INTP... if anyone else has an opinion on that score.)
    I find Martin's novels to be incredibly boring, albeit above average, especially compared to the Malazan series...but he is a great film producer/director/writer which makes me think he is more intj than intp since he does better working with others.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know. Stannis to me is an incompetent. He wouldn't even be a player, except for Melisandre (who eliminated some competition for him) and because of Davos who kept him in the game when he just gave up. He's noble in the most broadest sense of the word, and he has a legitimate claim to the throne beyond others; but he's also anal, demanding, presumptuous, and likely to be a terrible mediator.
    I don't see him making it to the end game, unless perhaps he stops pursuing the throne at some point and bends the knee to someone else. It's possible that he may do such a thing for a Targaryen claimant.

Anyway, a cool thing about this series is that more and more pieces keep getting knocked off the board.

I think the Lannisters are done out of the running.
    Yes.... I think their hand has been significantly weakened. They successfully gained the kingdom, and essentially lost it due to infighting. History is full of such parallels. Tywin seemed to live by the rule that "it's better to be feared than loved" but now that he's gone, will the Lannister name continue to command any loyalty? There is essentially only Jaime, Cersei, and their uncle and cousin. Only Cersei has any interest in ruling out of any of those. Do you see that going well? She didn't seem particularly attentive to the latest developments in the kingdom last night; she seemed utterly disinterested in this new religious movement.

He did burn his own brother-in-law to death early on.
    Wasn't that at Melisandre's urging?

See above, anyway. Somewhat the same summary you have presented. He has no flexibility or compassion and is very unrealistic/unreasonable.
    Stannis is like iron, rather than steel. His hardness is a weakness, ultimately. He'll break before he bends. (I stole that from the books, but it's a good metaphor.)

Fun is for sheeple.

Visit my Johari: