• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Also....
Game of Thrones Fans Demand a Season 8 Remake "With Competent Writers" - GoT Change.org Petition

:doh:

screen-shot-2019-05-15-at-10-47-49-am-1557931746.png

Good luck with that.
Still waiting for TLJ to be remade, har har har.

Are you fucking shitting me? God what a bunch of whiny brats.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you fucking shitting me? God what a bunch of whiny brats.

Reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 backlash, except maybe these guys won't be successful.

Lark

I'm loving GoT, I dont have any time for all the naysaying hype and crap.

At this point I hope the final episode is just Dani and Drago going up and down Westeros burning anything that moves.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I think I might be the only person in the world with no problems with the disparity between how easy it was to hit the two dragons. It struck me that they killed the first dragon in the only way they ever could with the ballista's - by ambushing it. If you recall, the first volley of shots (from about two dozen boats) caught them by surprise. The dragons were just cursing along gently, the ships were in place and weapons loaded and pointing at about where they knew their target was going to be. They fired and a few of them hit the closest dragon - as I recall, Drogo was sheltered by his unfortunate brother.

Then the other one increased speed and started banking, turning and generally doing what would be called evasive manoeuvres in a thousand years time. How the hell are you going to hit that with a medieval siege weapon? Could you imagine how difficult it would be to reload and then get that heavy bit of kit pointing in the right direct, at the right tension, to fit a fast moving target? Their subsequent ineffectiveness was no great surprise to me.

I wonder if the Dawnish will turn up in the final? They were supposed to be the only part of the seven kingdoms to resist the dragons the first time. Presumably there ancestors must have known some counter to them. Perhaps they know some poison that is effective? The Dawnish love poison.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me know next time you are flying a dragon up in the sky and an armada of ships "sneaks up on you" in a war time scenario.

I doubt the Dorne will get much exposure in the finale, unless it's as yet another crazy deux ex machina move. After all, they couldn't even spend five seconds to give the new Dornish prince an actual name in Episode 4. How hard is it to just make up a name and say "the new Prince [BlahBlah] of Dorne," versus "The new prince ruling in Dorne"? Not very. Obviously Dorne is irrelevant.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Petition over 900k.

I actually find the petition creator pretty cogent, here us something he added to explain the petition.

Yeah I also thought it was a load of crap until I read more. And found out that HBO was ready to give them a regular season length and they refused.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
theres a joke here somewhere about how long the books take to come out....*sifts the beach*

Lark

I think I might be the only person in the world with no problems with the disparity between how easy it was to hit the two dragons. It struck me that they killed the first dragon in the only way they ever could with the ballista's - by ambushing it. If you recall, the first volley of shots (from about two dozen boats) caught them by surprise. The dragons were just cursing along gently, the ships were in place and weapons loaded and pointing at about where they knew their target was going to be. They fired and a few of them hit the closest dragon - as I recall, Drogo was sheltered by his unfortunate brother.

Then the other one increased speed and started banking, turning and generally doing what would be called evasive manoeuvres in a thousand years time. How the hell are you going to hit that with a medieval siege weapon? Could you imagine how difficult it would be to reload and then get that heavy bit of kit pointing in the right direct, at the right tension, to fit a fast moving target? Their subsequent ineffectiveness was no great surprise to me.

I wonder if the Dawnish will turn up in the final? They were supposed to be the only part of the seven kingdoms to resist the dragons the first time. Presumably there ancestors must have known some counter to them. Perhaps they know some poison that is effective? The Dawnish love poison.

I agree with that, those weapons were way more devastating to the actual boats, with good reason as those boats at their maximum steer are not going to be able to move as well as the dragons.

When I first saw that episode I thought wow, those ballista are way more accurate and worthy than the one they had to fight Smaug with in LOTR despite looking the exact same.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah I also thought it was a load of crap until I read more. And found out that HBO was ready to give them a regular season length and they refused.

Maybe I'm just being cynical but now I'm wondering when Disney was talking to them about doing Star Wars and whether they just didn't want to be locked in longer than necessary so they could move on. It's plausible that lit a fire under them, they've been doing this show what, ten years in terms of when production actually started? It's a long time.

Still... it's like running a hell of a marathon that few can run, then just coasting through the last 20% of the race and merely finishing rather than setting a record. This will now be part of posterity, it is always on HBO's viewing list. How many new viewers want to slog through 4-5 great seasons for an "eh" ending?

But then again, there's a number of things that don't finish well or peter out after a few seasons. My list of series that pushed through to the end isn't super-huge. So it's probably just time to shrug.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Posted this on FaceBook on Friday, someone here might find it amusing...

.... Top Ten Other Endings for GoT better than the one we'll probably get, based on other TV shows.... (so, potential spoilers for other shows -- just a heads up)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, I know a lot of people are going to hate that, and the reasons aren't entirely invalid, but personally, I liked it. I still think this season was better than the past 2.5 seasons combined.

I just appreciate that it wasn't entirely predictable, and I was quite surprised from it. I suppose from a writing standpoint, none of the surprises in this episode were really set up very well beforehand (like the twist in the 6th sense), but that's just kind of the way things have gone since they moved past the books. Assuming that the books have better connective tissue, I think it wraps up the arcs quite nicely. It certainly does more to justify the amount of investment in a certain character than it would have been if they went the predictable route.

I guess the common thread I'm finding is the I really like being surprised. It's nice to know that you haven't seen everything all before, even as I grow into an old fart.

Also, not to get too political, but I did appreciate some of the subtext in this episode . I know Benioff wrote Troy, which I need to rewatch, but I remember liking it quite a bit; it dealt with similar themes. And, I'm gonna stop there.

Also, I was hoping that preview would turn out to be Westworld, and I was so happy when ti did. It just looked like all the things we've seen of the non-Western, non-Saumrai part of the world.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Well I'm glad it's over.

The Long Night as a stand alone movie made watching the series worth it to me. I'm just going to pretend the last three episodes didn't happen.

Also love how the writers were patting themselves on the back with the whole importance of "stories" thing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't have any issue with the finale. I don't even have an issue with the final season, overall. Much of it was incredible and I'm happy with the way they reached acceptable paths for each surviving character. I'm ready to watch whatever prequel Children of the Forest/First Men/Andals thing they come up with. lol at the people that are going - I can get rid of HBO now.

Also, I was hoping that preview would turn out to be Westworld, and I was so happy when ti did. It just looked like all the things we've seen of the non-Western, non-Saumrai part of the world.

I was like ooohh yessss!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I was sure that was going to happen. That was like the one predictable thing.