Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

My friend has read the books but refuses to watch the series because of the nudity... the books are more explicit, though.

I don't understand.
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    My friend has read the books but refuses to watch the series because of the nudity... the books are more explicit, though.

I don't understand.
    The nudity itself seems to be the least of issues to get offended about, if one is going to be honest.

The violence and the treatment of women would seem likely to generate more reaction.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The nudity itself seems to be the least of issues to get offended about, if one is going to be honest.

The violence and the treatment of women would seem likely to generate more reaction.
    In the land of the (white, male) free and the home of the (armed) brave? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    In the land of the (white, male) free and the home of the (armed) brave? Nah.
    Don't worry. We're becoming much more enlightened when it comes to sex and violence.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ Sounds like "50 Shades of WTF?!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My daughter told me recently that her tolerance for graphic stuff is much higher in book form, since she's making the images herself. But she said when she told her friend that, her friend said "But you can't look away! You're stuck reading the whole thing!"

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

That's my frustration, this show has been around for four years and people are still complaining about the nudity. There are more valid criticisms, I wish they'd get over it.

Anyway, Watchers on the Wall made LOTR and Narnia (films) look like kids play, I actually liked that episode more than the season final.
    Night is another candle

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    That's my frustration, this show has been around for four years and people are still complaining about the nudity. There are more valid criticisms, I wish they'd get over it.

Anyway, Watchers on the Wall made LOTR and Narnia (films) look like kids play, I actually liked that episode more than the season final.
    Exactly, besides nipples, for example, aren't going to get less nipply because someone wants them to, the essential nippleness is still going to shine through.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D