User Tag List

Page 12 of 192 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones!

Dali

Dammit, it's out?! This is what I get for not owning a TV, and auto-skimming over the deluge of GoT youtube links on my FB feed.

*torrents*

Junior Member Array Horrible Aesthete's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have become hopelessly enamored of Game of Thrones, despite having not read the books. It is quite simply the best television series I have seen, perfectly cast, and the production quality is through the roof. I do not watch a great deal of television, but I find myself being really drawn into this world and its characters. As far as fantasy goes, I am enjoying it much more than LoTR (a series for which I have read the books). I want to begin the first book of GoT, perhaps when this season is over.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Se 2 Ep 1 was pretty good.

It was a little disjointed, but that is to be expected given the number of characters they had to introduce.

They had to cover so many new characters that they couldn't devote enough time to any one to achieve anything meaningful.

That being said, the episode was executed very well, and did the best it could given the constraints.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Book 5 spoilers

As to Tyrion, this'll be his season. He has more chapters in the second book than any other character (Ned had the most in book 1)

Finally, for those asking what is/isn't in the book: in the books, every chapter focuses on the experiences of a single character and their point of view (though it is told in third person). If the following characters are not in (or witnessing) a given scene, it is not in the book: Bran, Catelyn, Daenarys, Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos and Theon. Every single scene in A Clash of Kings (except the prologue, which focused on the old man who was poisoned in this last episode, and the only scene he wasn't with Davos was cut anyways) has one of those characters in it.
    I have been looking forward to this season ever since the series was announced because Tyrion is my favorite by far.

Although I am also hugely and
    looking forward to season 3.

@spoiler, good point! I completely missed that detail.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Se 2 Ep 1 was pretty good.

It was a little disjointed, but that is to be expected given the number of characters they had to introduce.

They had to cover so many new characters that they couldn't devote enough time to any one to achieve anything meaningful.

That being said, the episode was executed very well, and did the best it could given the constraints.
    I'm trying to get a friend who hasn't watched Season 1 into it and whew, a lot to take in. (I think he is sufficiently hooked though. )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm pissed at myself for allowing myself to watch episode 1 of season 2. I knew I would just be left wanting more, I should've waited till the season was over and have a GOT marathon.

Senior Member Array LucidLegend1984's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm pissed at myself for allowing myself to watch episode 1 of season 2. I knew I would just be left wanting more, I should've waited till the season was over and have a GOT marathon.
    Waiting is the only way when it comes to the best of shows.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I just watched Episode 2 of the second season, and I was really pissed that it ended. This season has had a good start, I'm very happy with that.
    Why is this out?? O_O

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    Do you guys ever think this show will be on NetFlix, Hulu, XBox network, PS3 network, Pretty much anywhere else except BluRay and HBO? If not, good old torrents are defiantly the way to go. It’s a shame too; I honestly don't mind paying for better resolution and quality when it comes to THIS show!
    No. It won't be. The only place you can watch it online (legally) is HBOGO.com which is their streaming service... BUT you have to buy a cable subscription in order to get it. You can't just pay for their online streaming service. If they would let me just pay for the online streaming service, I would gladly give HBO my money. But forcing you to buy the cable service to get the online perks is retarded.

This Oatmeal strip explains it very well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I downloaded all of Season 1 and then bought it on DVD when it came out to support it. Ill do the same with Season 2. When HBO learns to embrace the power of internet consumers, I'll gladly give them my money.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Why is this out?? O_O

No. It won't be. The only place you can watch it online (legally) is HBOGO.com which is their streaming service... BUT you have to buy a cable subscription in order to get it. You can't just pay for their online streaming service. If they would let me just pay for the online streaming service, I would gladly give HBO my money. But forcing you to buy the cable service to get the online perks is retarded.

This Oatmeal strip explains it very well: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

I downloaded all of Season 1 and then bought it on DVD when it came out to support it. Ill do the same with Season 2. When HBO learns to embrace the power of internet consumers, I'll gladly give them my money.
    I'm going to be cancelling my DIRECTV service soon and I am hoping if I bundle local channels with my internet that I can still get HBO. *crosses fingers*

Otherwise I am going to be very annoyed.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I'm going to be cancelling my DIRECTV service soon and I am hoping if I bundle local channels with my internet that I can still get HBO. *crosses fingers*
    I don't even own a TV to pay for a subscription to. -_-
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~