First 1969109117118119120121129169219 Last

Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2192

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I know the casting for Season 5 has focused on Dorn a great deal and I haven't heard much about the other locations.

With them being locked into ten hours, I'm not sure how much time they have to focus on everything and we're in the stage where certain things might start getting cut if not completely essential to plot. I'm not familiar with the book text though.

The focus on last season's insane-crazy fight suggests they will focus this season on the political fallout from that -- and I have no idea what they're doing with the power vacuum in Westeros now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    BEWB
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the Bran storyline either, nor Jon Snow's to be honest, I find them somewhat boring.
    The Bran storyline in the book was a lot more interesting... it delved into the magic a lot more. Much of that stuff was removed. Jojen isn't that interesting in the show, but he was more fleshed out in the book.

But I agree that it's mostly pretty boring on the show. And the sudden appearance of the Child of the Forest at the end of last season seems really random, whereas they were mentioned in the books long before one actually showed up.
    I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The Bran storyline in the book was a lot more interesting... it delved into the magic a lot more. Much of that stuff was removed. Jojen isn't that interesting in the show, but he was more fleshed out in the book.

But I agree that it's mostly pretty boring on the show. And the sudden appearance of the Child of the Forest at the end of last season seems really random, whereas they were mentioned in the books long before one actually showed up.
    Thanks for all the info. Yeah, honestly, the show really hasn't done much with Bran, it's all rather flat. And Jojen seemed like a "nice" character but nothing was ever really done with him either. When I learned a bit of the backstory between the Reeds and the Starks, that gave some more depth to their traveling together.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    BEWB
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Thanks for all the info. Yeah, honestly, the show really hasn't done much with Bran, it's all rather flat. And Jojen seemed like a "nice" character but nothing was ever really done with him either. When I learned a bit of the backstory between the Reeds and the Starks, that gave some more depth to their traveling together.
    Bran's chapters North of the wall had this really spooky vibe to them that the show didn't capture well.... they didn't include Bran's cannibalism, for instance!

Nor have we met Coldhands!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Cold Hands, Stone Heart?

(What about Hot Feet?)

MBTI
    BEWB
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Nor have we met Coldhands!
    And it looks like we never will, unfortunately.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thought this piece about the heritage of another character on the show (who is not Jon Snow) was interesting and actually has some credibility, although I haven't the read the books and thus am not aware of any conflicting details that might exist.

There's Another "Game Of Thrones" Theory And It Changes Everything

Thought this piece about the heritage of another character on the show (who is not Jon Snow) was interesting and actually has some credibility, although I haven't the read the books and thus am not aware of any conflicting details that might exist.

There's Another "Game Of Thrones" Theory And It Changes Everything
    There are counter-arguments to be made to almost all pro-arguments, but it is not impossible. Personally, though, I doubt it. Not to spoiler too much, but there is yet another (and better) candidate for the third dragon.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    BEWB
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    There are counter-arguments to be made to almost all pro-arguments, but it is not impossible. Personally, though, I doubt it. Not to spoiler too much, but there is yet another (and better) candidate for the third dragon.