User Tag List

Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1912

Thread: Game of Thrones!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    So... do you recognize all the cast shown here from back in 2009?

I was going to ask who the dude is on the far right then I realised it was Kit! He looks better with long hair but Ohmygoshhh, they're all so freaking cute. Awwww
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, Alfie.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DeceptiveCreative View Post
    I was going to ask who the dude is on the far right then I realised it was Kit! He looks better with long hair but Ohmygoshhh, they're all so freaking cute. Awwww
    Yeah, that was the one I was curious to see if people recognized -- it took me a minute, and mostly by process of elimination.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oh gawd -- GoT theme in retro 80's electropop.

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/steveduzz/gam...me-80s-version[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Low brass cover:
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Here's the theory of Jon's parentage that I described two months ago or so... Business Weekly published something on their site about it that breaks it down.

Obviously huge POTENTIAL spoiler if it's true. So don't go there if you prefer to avoid it.

'Game Of Thrones': Jon Snow's Parents Theory - Business Insider

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ There are a couple theories that go crazy branching off because of that one too. Crazy stuff.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ There are a couple theories that go crazy branching off because of that one too. Crazy stuff.
    Lol. I wonder if we'll ever know. Like if GRRM dies before finishing his books. Or if he decides to write 16 books at this rate.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Lol. I wonder if we'll ever know. Like if GRRM dies before finishing his books. Or if he decides to write 16 books at this rate.
    Apparently he's all super offended that people are speculating he'll die before he finishes. Like.. Yeah, dude, we're not just selfish assholes that like your stuff and can't wait to inherit your shit when you die or something. We want to see you finish your work that you started--because a lot of authors just don't get that opportunity. Life gets in the way.. at some point you need some closure to it all so you have time to breathe and enjoy your last days without fans constantly bugging you to get your old ass to work.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Apparently he's all super offended that people are speculating he'll die before he finishes. Like.. Yeah, dude, we're not just selfish assholes that like your stuff and can't wait to inherit your shit when you die or something. We want to see you finish your work that you started--because a lot of authors just don't get that opportunity. Life gets in the way.. at some point you need some closure to it all so you have time to breathe and enjoy your last days without fans constantly bugging you to get your old ass to work.
    As a writer, I tend to look at it as his personal vision and work that he has been kind enough to allow others a glimpse into, and we're lucky to have received THAT much... so unfortunately it DOES seem like stupid assholery for the public to demand that an author focus his life energy as if he's merely some kind of slave to their clamouring. It's the worst kind of consumerism, to me -- people who devour rather than participate in the creative process.

I mean, sure, you can say YOU think it might be in his best interest to finish it to get closure, and you could even be correct; but no one can make that demand of another human being; we only have the right to make that decision for ourselves.

I guess one could say that they have bought his books, so there's been a transaction of sorts... but still... he wrote a work to a certain point in the narrative, and they purchased it to that point.

Random thought: @Jennifer, so are you Jon Snow's momma?