First 1262102110111112113114122162 Last

Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1914

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Look out, Missandei! A big yellow spider is coming for your man!!!

EDIT:

"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Really? To me it seems like she's starting to learning the necessity of compromise (having to chain up her dragons for instance). I think settling down and ruling is good for her, it seems to be humbling her a bit.
    True, it has been a valuable learning curve, but she is still too sure of herself, self-righteous, and quick to anger. She still assumes there's a right answer for the moral dilemmas she's been facing, when really it's lose-lose.

At very least I feel she's going to be forced to make a choice between maintaining her 'righteous' status but achieving little, versus genuinely affecting change but having to get her hands dirty to do so. Both options have the potential for disaster. It doesn't help that for her "Justice" is pretty much whatever she chooses to define it as.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I wonder... if and when the Stark daughters finally meet again (if they do) -- will they even recognize each other?
    Arya will meet Sansa in a ninja costume on a dark, stormy path. As she approaches a tall spire, even blacker against the sky, a great bolt of lightning will shoot up into the sky.

After this flash Sansa will appear before Arya. Dressed in a cloak woven from dead wolves and past characters she approaches. Arya's ninja costume is made of the same, just painted dark.

"Join me"

"Join m.... wait a minute that's my line!"

" No it isn't!

"Yes it is!"

"Well wait... Who's the evil one here then?"

" hmm I don't really know... "

"Rock paper scissors over it?"

"OK"

Then a tree falls on them.

Epic ending.

I'm also enjoying Daenerys extremely long dragon edition of prime minister's questions. Her issue is she's a good idealist but an ineffectual leader, she doesn't know how to make difficult choices unless the morality in them is black and white to her perspective.

She'll either learn.... Or burn.

I'm also going to speculate that this show will either be dead by mid season 5 or better than ever.
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Jesus, I had to put all this in a text document just to organize my thoughts.

The last episode was pretty good, and they’ve majorly upped their game concerning battles, but THIS episode, we’re back to what Game of Thrones is all about. Fantastic characters, dialogue, and a huge complex overarching storyline that we all manage to follow because we love this shit.

Not to take away from the badass action sequences peppered throughout your average episode.

Such as….

Epic.

I think this one wants to hurt Bran,

Cleaved in Twain. I just wanted to say that.

This whole sequence was Bad Ass. And we're just warming up. More play by plays to come.

EDIT: Oh yes, and the power of denial at work:

Lol. Pretty typical father reaction. “My daughter’s a whore the PTA says? Noooo, she’s just friendly. Who wants pizza??

I read the scene in the book last night after the finale, and it definitely changes his attitude toward Jaime and refocuses things on Tywin. But Shae's character had also been changed a lot between book and show, and so it's possible that factored into the change as well.
    You are reading these books in record slow time

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    So non book readers... are your minds blown yet?
    I’d be lying if I said this show doesn’t still surprise me. But after the Red Wedding, I’m like, “Some crazy shit happened that no other show would do? Sounds about right.”

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Tywin's days were numbered when his fearful children started to not fear him any more.
    Very true.

Killing him at his most undignified.
    Yeah, for all intensive purposes, he’s the King, and a very powerful one. Killed on the shitter. That’s ok, he was a dick.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    You are reading these books in record slow time
    I'm not really reading the books, I'm havin trouble caring enough to read so much text.

What I do is look up scenes after they air and see how the book version compares. So I have a decent understanding of the variation between book and show with the big scenes, at least....

Yeah, for all intensive purposes, he’s the King, and a very powerful one. Killed on the shitter. That’s ok, he was a dick.
    I liked that interview quote by Dance earlier, where he said in effect, "I don't really care about making my character palatable or "understood." If he's a shit, I'm just going to play him like a shit." Tywin was very perfectly drawn and played, I thought; the writers said he basically wrote himself.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I'm battling a cognitive dissonance and I'd be most grateful if anyone can shed some perspective on it.

I love the character arc of Jaime Lannister. Redeeming himself since throwing an innocent boy out the window for selfish reasons. Brienne helped his development greatly. He lost his most closely-held identity, his skills with the sword, when he stopped Brienne's rape, as the price was his chopped sword-hand. Yet, he never resented her for it. If anything, he went on to share his most closely guarded secret, why he became the Kingslayer.

Meanwhile, as he is realizing his new kinder potential, his bond with Cersei starts to crumble. I get it. It makes sense.

But then, how... why did he rape Cersei, in front of their dead son???

I want to root for him, but he's a rapist who, yes unknowingly, sacrificed the only thing that held any worth to him, his right hand, all to save another woman from being raped.

How do I reconcile this? Can, should, it be reconciled?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Most viewers at this point are considering that scene a misstep on the part of the showrunners and director; based on the bombardment of interviews after that episode aired, none of the latter seemed to have planned for that encounter to be anything but consensual, but pretty much the majority of viewers (including myself) have viewed it as rape on some level.

The scene was apparently bungled in the writing, directing, and/or acting. I mentally throw it out in terms of continuity. Considering how decent other scenes have been, I'm kind of surprised at how off the mark they were on how that scene was coming across.

But then, how... why did he rape Cersei, in front of their dead son???
    He didn't. Their relationship is just that fucked up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

sidenote-forgot to mention, that this episode, had a really amazing sound track, start to finish.

but boy that was one nutty cage match.
    The stand off prior was good too.

Uh oh.

Then this happened,

Brienne: Arya! I shall take you to safety! Lalalalalala! Yay!!

The Hound keepin’ it real

I like the way he talks.
    [SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/johnny-yukon/dumb-bitch[/SOUNDCLOUD]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Then this happened,

(and it was great)

Nice left hook!

Yeeeahh, let's get a little cocky look in there!

Ooooops, little too soon, now you're gonna die.

Ohhhhhh!! Ball Smash Uppercut!

To be fair though, did anyone else notice the vicious c*** punt Sandor gave Brienne? If not, I will show you.

How many times has a man been in a fight been like, "Yay!, I'm gonna win!! [and then..]"

This fight was epic though. beautiful battle ground. Two Warrior Legends, The Hound, even more legendary, though Brienne will now have songs written about her I'm sure.