Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    They think she was showing kindness? Why would someone think that???? He was begging her to kill him.
    I didn't think she was indifferent, personally. If she was indifferent, she would have just done what he asked. It seemed to me that she did it to be cruel, the way she taunted him with it.
    I wonder if she would have killed him if he wasn't goading her about her sister though. That was a stupid move on his part.
    imo, he's not even dead and she let him live because she thinks he can survive.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Haven't read the book but I could see that from the series too.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that.

Would she "spare his life" despite his begging her to kill him?
    Also if she thought he could survive and that was her motive, wouldnt she help him?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is what I thought, too. She doesn't want to kill him because she doesn't want him to die and doesn't think he will. And she took his money because.. well, she needs money, and also because he is worried about her and she wants to show him that she can be ruthless to survive. But I don't really think she's being ruthless.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Did you guys like the look on Arya's face when the Hound was talking to her there, and trying to goad her to do something for him? (and boy, he pulled out the stops, even making stuff up.)

I couldn't read her at all. It was fascinating.
    Yes. That was brilliant acting by both in that scene. It was so intense.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It will be interesting how the show changes things up now that many of the big players from the first 3 seasons are 6 feet under.
    Well so far when they've killed off major characters, they've managed to make me interested in others, so I'm not worried. I'm thinking that some of the ones I've grown to really enjoy, like Khaleesi and Tyrion, are going to end up going down the wrong paths, probably to self-destruction. She seems very much like a fundamentalist in the making.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maisie Williams' (Arya's) thoughts on the Season 4 finale:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/...hrones-finale/

(I was looking for "Dead men don't need silver" when I found the article.)

Here's that clip:

Here's the whole Brienne/Hound fight scene + the Hound/Arya scene:
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

In the books, Arya never really forgave the Hound for killing the butcher's boy. She let him live because he didn't deserve the gift of her mercy, and she wanted him to suffer. Their bond was closer in the show though, so it's fair to interpret the scene differently.

I'm quite curious to see what happens to Sansa next season, as her arc has gone quite "off book". The thing that makes me the most nervous about her is the potential symbolism in her direwolf being dead. Was that foreshadowing her no longer being a Stark through marriage to Tyrion? ...Or, will it have meaning that is yet to be revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I'm thinking that some of the ones I've grown to really enjoy, like Khaleesi and Tyrion, are going to end up going down the wrong paths, probably to self-destruction. She seems very much like a fundamentalist in the making.
    Really? To me it seems like she's starting to learning the necessity of compromise (having to chain up her dragons for instance). I think settling down and ruling is good for her, it seems to be humbling her a bit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Really? To me it seems like she's starting to learning the necessity of compromise (having to chain up her dragons for instance). I think settling down and ruling is good for her, it seems to be humbling her a bit.
    Yes, I've been seeing a shift in Dani away from fundamentalism, versus becoming more severe.... but I think it wasn't good for her to send Jorah away. Despit e his flaws, he provided a voice of reason.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, I've been seeing a shift in Dani away from fundamentalism, versus becoming more severe.... but I think it wasn't good for her to send Jorah away. Despit e his flaws, he provided a voice of reason.
    I agree, but I don't think a judgement error is indicative of her "getting worse". She's been that foolish for a while now. Also, with Jorah gone, and two smart fellows on the run (Tyrion/Verys), do you think she will cross paths with either of them at some point? I really want to see her interact with Verys (who is her opposite in many ways). Also, as a eunuch, he might be able to shed some light on Grey Worm's "Grey Worm" situation, nam sayin'?