Thread: Game of Thrones!

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

^^ Yeah, it involves a revelation of a long-past event that Tyrion didn't know the truth of.

I read the scene in the book last night after the finale, and it definitely changes his attitude toward Jaime and refocuses things on Tywin. But Shae's character had also been changed a lot between book and show, and so it's possible that factored into the change as well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Golden shower thoughts Array Stephano's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quick question: Which book would be the continuation of season 4? I can't wait till April. Thx in advance.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Quick question: Which book would be the continuation of season 4? I can't wait till April. Thx in advance.
    They've kind of jumbled everything up a bit. There's also a decent amount of stuff left with Jon Snow in the third book that they haven't covered yet.. it's pretty important, too.

Also, Book 4 takes place after the events of this season... but... so does the first half or three quarters of Book 5. They focus on different characters. I think Book 5 is a much, much better read than Book 4. The problem with book 4 is that most of the book is devoted to two characters, and most of their storylines are repetitive until the end of the book. The other stuff in Book 4 is actually quite good, it's just that the focus of the book is so uninteresting.

You could probably start Book 4. Read the first Cersei and Brienne chapter, decide if it interests you. If it doesn't, just skim or even skip those until about three quarters of the way through. The problem is that most of those chapters hit the same notes over and over, so it got kind of tedious to read. They showed signs of understanding the difficulty with those chapters in the way they handled Brienne on the show, so I'm not that worried about the next season.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Nightmare Scenario:

HBO goes under.
    Game of Thrones is canceled.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Nightmare Scenario:

HBO goes under.
    Game of Thrones is canceled.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    She should have killed the Hound. That would have been the nice thing to do.
    I thought they were developing some affection for each other at some points, especially when she wanted to mend his wound and he opened up to her about some things in his past. It made me unhappy and uneasy that she didn't kill him. I am not sure I understand why? Was it supposed to be revenge for something? Is it because he wanted to fuck her pretty sister and not her? haha. I realize she wanted to kill him before, but killing him on her own.. would have been nicer. Leaving him to die like that was brutal.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

Golden shower thoughts Array Stephano's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    They've kind of jumbled everything up a bit. There's also a decent amount of stuff left with Jon Snow in the third book that they haven't covered yet.. it's pretty important, too.

Also, Book 4 takes place after the events of this season... but... so does the first half or three quarters of Book 5. They focus on different characters. I think Book 5 is a much, much better read than Book 4. The problem with book 4 is that most of the book is devoted to two characters, and most of their storylines are repetitive until the end of the book. The other stuff in Book 4 is actually quite good, it's just that the focus of the book is so uninteresting.

You could probably start Book 4. Read the first Cersei and Brienne chapter, decide if it interests you. If it doesn't, just skim or even skip those until about three quarters of the way through. The problem is that most of those chapters hit the same notes over and over, so it got kind of tedious to read. They showed signs of understanding the difficulty with those chapters in the way they handled Brienne on the show, so I'm not that worried about the next season.
    Thank you a lot! I've just noticed that they split up the German translations into 2 books each. Book 4 would be book 7 in this case.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Oh, I wanted to mention too -- that whole sequence of Tyrion's escape, when he goes to find his father ... they're playing variations of The Rains of Castamere in the background. It's just ironic. Lannister justice prevails once again, so to speak. They always pay their debts.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I thought they were developing some affection for each other at some points, especially when she wanted to mend his wound and he opened up to her about some things in his past. It made me unhappy and uneasy that she didn't kill him. I am not sure I understand why? Was it supposed to be revenge for something? Is it because he wanted to fuck her pretty sister and not her? haha. I realize she wanted to kill him before, but killing him on her own.. would have been nicer. Leaving him to die like that was brutal.
    I have read a number of reviews today, as well as this thread, and no one is agreement on Arya's motives for her choices in that scene. I think that's pretty fascinating. Some think she is punishing him, some think she's showing kindness, some thinks there is affection, some think she's indifferent and it's a sign of her losing her humanity.

Blood of the Exile Array Animal's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I have read a number of reviews today, as well as this thread, and no one is agreement on Arya's motives for her choices in that scene. I think that's pretty fascinating. Some think she is punishing him, some think she's showing kindness, some thinks there is affection, some think she's indifferent and it's a sign of her losing her humanity.
    They think she was showing kindness? Why would someone think that???? He was begging her to kill him.

I didn't think she was indifferent, personally. If she was indifferent, she would have just done what he asked. It seemed to me that she did it to be cruel, the way she taunted him with it.

I wonder if she would have killed him if he wasn't goading her about her sister though. That was a stupid move on his part.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISFP ~ ESI-Se

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    They think she was showing kindness? Why would someone think that???? He was begging her to kill him.

I didn't think she was indifferent, personally. If she was indifferent, she would have just done what he asked. It seemed to me that she did it to be cruel, the way she taunted him with it.
    That's what I thought.