User Tag List

First 9101112132161111 Last

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I love Tyrion.

I want his babies.
    he's definitely getting more than enough attention in the show, which is great.

"All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    he's definitely getting more than enough attention in the show, which is great.

Agreed on all points. I hate her accent with the white hot fury of 1000 white, hot, whores.

He's such a brilliant actor. :swoon:

MBTI
    STFU

Agreed on all points. I hate her accent with the white hot fury of 1000 white, hot, whores.

He's such a brilliant actor. :swoon:
    i like how tyrion's wiener is pretty much a secondary character in the books.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Was that scene between Cersei and Littlefinger in the books? I didn't remember that at all... and I found it kind of annoying because Littlefinger is so contained and careful... I don't see him being that obvious about what he knows to her.
    It was definitely not the in book.

Book 2 spoliers:
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Was that scene between Cersei and Littlefinger in the books?
    No. Neither was the public slap in the face, if I recall correctly.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    No. Neither was the public slap in the face, if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It was definitely not the in book.

Book 2 spoliers:
    Ok, good to know I wasn't imagining things. Thanks, you two. I get why they did it, but LF deserves better. He's such a brilliant character. I don't really like him but I admire his craziness.

@ spoiler, good point! I missed those trailers. I like what you are saying there. I think it's a great way to frame the season because it is very true for what is going on with the war of the 5 Kings.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Book 5 spoilers

As to Tyrion, this'll be his season. He has more chapters in the second book than any other character (Ned had the most in book 1)

Finally, for those asking what is/isn't in the book: in the books, every chapter focuses on the experiences of a single character and their point of view (though it is told in third person). If the following characters are not in (or witnessing) a given scene, it is not in the book: Bran, Catelyn, Daenarys, Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos and Theon. Every single scene in A Clash of Kings (except the prologue, which focused on the old man who was poisoned in this last episode, and the only scene he wasn't with Davos was cut anyways) has one of those characters in it.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

@JocktheMotie and i read the entire firs tbook outloud to each other.
    for the second book, we're just gonna read selected chapters,
    primarily the characters we like. we're still catching up... well
    he's doing the reading this time, and i'm just listening to him
    during our storybook hour. and he's gonna give me a synopsis
    of the book before we watch S2 Ep1 this thursday. so excited.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

I just watched Episode 2 of the second season, and I was really pissed that it ended. This season has had a good start, I'm very happy with that.

I'm gonna got the latter route on the second season. I don't own cable and there is NO WAY I will be able to watch an episode and then WAIT for the next one.

I watch the first season in two days and love every minute of it. Never even heard of the books until I heard of the series.

Do you guys ever think this show will be on NetFlix, Hulu, XBox network, PS3 network, Pretty much anywhere else except BluRay and HBO? If not, good old torrents are defiantly the way to go. It’s a shame too; I honestly don't mind paying for better resolution and quality when it comes to THIS show!
    Innovation is the epicenter between Imagination and Logic.
    -Stephen M Cordova

You and your friend can draw together > http://draw.newphidias.com/ <

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    -Thomas Jefferson, 1796