• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
'Game of Thrones' director on why Tyrion is worried about Jon and Dany - Business Insider

Still, highlights a problem in the more recent seasons.... audience is not able to pick up the focus of a character's behavior... creative crew is imagining one thing, everyone's getting something else from the scene.

Yeah, I didn't get any of that at all. Then again, when I saw Tyrion in that scene I don't think I registered any of it...and now looking back, guessing at the significance of his scene...I guess I would tie it to him being worried that Jon might be a problem in some way.

If GRRM is so involved with the show, so much so that he is supposedly joint-writing some of the pilots of the new spin-offs....why can't they just have him as curator for the writing on the show? Specailly with 7 episodes-a-seaon at this point.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the bullet list of Season 7 spoilers based on something a reddit user had posted. When you read through them, yeah, it looks like the spoiler's source was good -- they're almost all spot on or slightly off in reasonable ways.
Compilation of spoilers by awayforthelads : freefolk

The thing that is more funny though is reading all the responses to the spoilers and some of the posters dissing them for seeming so improbable as to appear fraudulent to them, etc. In this case, reading the comments and the arguing in the comments is more amusing than the spoilers. I guess hindsight is everything.

for example:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I heard by word of mouth.. Season 8 might not come until 2019... and production starts of October of this year.. ouch..

2 hours long of 6 episodes. Not bad... ends up being 12 1 hour's if you think about it : )

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So finishing with my catch up of all previous 6 seasons of GoT..

the show really builded up to season 7's grace. The beauty of S6 E9's battle of the bastards was truly magnificent.

and really how everything fell in S6 E10 with Sansa, Arya, Jon (Aegon hehe).

I think I have no favorite character on the show now understanding the series through and through, all have their high and low points. I've idealized Arya too much on S6 because I was with a fellow viewer who kind of rooted for people, and was an underdog for Sansa at the time.. he always hated Sansa until S6. (Okay well Queen Maergery is someone I love dearly on the show)

For me to know how great she became was not a surprise to me. It was early to see the Sansa was already known to be clever in S2. Especially hinting when Tyrion saw that her wits would make her live so long.

Seeing S6 E10, Petyr definitely looked like an idiot to me when he would see Sansa at his side on the iron throne. Daenerys went with ALL of her dragons on S7: E6 to north of the wall (never mind the teleporting Varys) to save Jon and kin/ilk/friends, gave pretty much the key with her dead dragon to pass through the Wall's magical barrier.

Because of this magical barrier, I'd like to think that the Night King took his time to get to the wall rather than try to insult the creators of the show of "oh they're too slow, Jon and Daenerys fly everywhere" (this show is fantasy, so why not add a little bit of magical intention too?) The chains part also I try to correct in my head too because of maybe the Night King can't lift from beneath the ground. Think of how the dead could not be comfortable going back underneath.. so why the night king, really the king of the dead has only power above the ground and not from underneath.. still doesn't explain how ice chains came to be, but at least the dragon had to be pulled under.

This quickly made explanation satisfies me enough anyway. Show is so well done, that I can forgive a few minor inconveniences. I'm glad to get upset or worried for the characters though.

Jaime killed the Mad King because he would've killed everybody. And I also see that connection with his sister Cercei, how cold she was to just simply deny joining the north and wait... "we're all going to die anyway" basically accepting Cercei's decision would've insulted his own past killing the former king. It therefore made total sense Jaime had to leave his sister Cercei.

I think predictions is that while Tyrion is very frustrated with Queen Daenerys wanting to form an immediate fulfilled bond with Jon Snow (poor Jorah Mormont, our friend-zoned character) I often wondered.. where is Melisandre now? She can't go back north because she'll just die but she has no purpose down south.. I'm thinking she's going to head up north anyway and try to redeem herself in any way for the past of what she did on Stannis' daughter and the lost war for her former king that she hoped for.

I think the shows' cast has done a very good job at keeping on our toes of how the show might end. It may be that Season 8 may win serious awards in the not so far future. Hopefully Game of Thrones will end the Star Wars fanaticism (oh how I wish so but probably not, but still hoping!) Regardless, it'll probably win awards for being one of the greatest television series of All Time. I mean how fortunate was it that George R.R. Martin got his books to be gloriously glamorized?!

Here we have Lord of the Rings directed by Mr. Jackson only to have his career plummet with King Kong and The Hobbit movies, but hopefully the directors of GoT go on and perform even other great tv series and/or movies and hopefully surpass directors like [who's Executive Producers now] J.J. Abrams (I do not like WestWorld even though they're trying to pick certain philosophical and moral issues out.. just the way going it is just too raw and edgy and too unfeeling for me.)

Until the next great big update folks,

Forever

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Qre:us

I really liked this finally episode, which satisfyingly tied up a lot of the 'wtf' moments of this fast-paced S7.

The Ice Dragon, and the wall come tumbling down. Omg! Pretty amazing visual work for a TV production.

But, plotwise, the BIG one, Jon X Dany....knew it had to happen, blah blah....only point of intrigue, other than the ancestry bit, was that Tyrion's look was hard to decipher.

What gives?

Wasn't he just asking about her "Queenly duties" of having a partner, children, lineage? And, it's not like he (yet) knows they're related like that. Politically they seem to be a strength, so what gives?

So satisfying: The North (Women) Remembers

Sansa and Arya delivering justice. Girlpower!

I wonder though if Arya can now technically wear Littlefinger's face and maybe 'speak' to Cersei/get close to her? The only glitch in that is that his death was public so Cersei must have received a raven! ;)

Looking forward to the three Queens meeting on the Chessboard, with each of their armies & advisors, Dany, Cersei, Sansa......and how they interact.

But...but...most importantly, be still my fangirl heart: #FUCKLOYALTY :smile: :wubbie:

Jaime and Brienne are finally going to be in the same geographical location for the final season, after their initial SL. He's travelling up North! Hallelujah!

Progress! I'll take it!

Cersei will not go gently into the night.

I know Jaime x Brienne (& Cersei) SL will not end well. :cry: I await the angst, if hopefully done right in the final season.

Have been waiting for that since S1 E1, Jaime's redemption arch, and colliding with the North's SL, Bran meets window,..."The things I do for love." (ala dog-pose yoga in tower with twin sis) And the time with Bronn asking Jaime how he'd like to die, and he replying, "In the arms of the woman I love." (Defending Cersei).

Well, that plan just went out the window....ahem...finally! He foreshadowed his own death, I think, but he'll get a good death like he wants. He will finally be able to forgive himself for 'failing' to be the ideal knight of his dreams. And get his name in the Knight's Book. Oh, and like the reimagining of this story of a Knight & His Lady....fulfilling of a courtly love. If you couldn't tell, Jaime is my favourite character.

Can't wait to see how they will play it all out...

in...2 Years.... :mellow:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
direct

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ why are you making me hate this awesome last season? :shock:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I feel like both this and the last season where flawed. I think it comes from not having source material. Some of the book departures in season 4 and 5 were also questionable, like Dorne and Karl fooking Tanner of Gin Alley, but I felt like there was enough stuff going on from the book that it was easy to ignore. A lot of the developments of the past two seasons have felt kind of unnatural and forced. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy them, because I did, but I definitely see where people are coming from. Unlike many internet criticisms, I think a lot of these are valid.

This is not to say that there weren't epic moments of show-stopping, like the Ice Dragon, the Green Trial, the Field of Fire or "tell Cersei" it's just that the stuff leading up to it felt kind of clunky and hard to swallow. The things hapened because the narrative said they needed to happen, not because it made sense within the context of the world.

Like the Tyrells not being great fighters. I'm not even talking about the books... the Tyrell army was essential in the Battle of Blackwater Bay. It was a detail that just didn't make sense. But Highgarden needed to fall quickly, so they threw that line in there to explain why it happened, even though the explanation doesn't make sense.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like both this and the last season where flawed. I think it comes from not having source material. Some of the book departures in season 4 and 5 were also questionable, like Dorne and Karl fooking Tanner of Gin Alley, but I felt like there was enough stuff going on from the book that it was easy to ignore. A lot of the developments of the past two seasons have felt kind of unnatural and forced. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy them, because I did, but I definitely see where people are coming from. Unlike many internet criticisms, I think a lot of these are valid.

This is not to say that there weren't epic moments of show-stopping, like the Ice Dragon, the Green Trial, the Field of Fire or "tell Cersei" it's just that the stuff leading up to it felt kind of clunky and hard to swallow. The things hapened because the narrative said they needed to happen, not because it made sense within the context of the world.

Like the Tyrells not being great fighters. I'm not even talking about the books... the Tyrell army was essential in the Battle of Blackwater Bay. It was a detail that just didn't make sense. But Highgarden needed to fall quickly, so they threw that line in there to explain why it happened, even though the explanation doesn't make sense.

Yeah I get what you mean, it feels like a tour of Westeros and Essos during this last season especially, Verys going the fastest everywhere was the most annoying in S6.. and because it was so noticeable to the casual viewer. He must have a dragon of his own or some kind of personal speedboat. Or is the night king himself *ok bad joke sorry* Oh I don't think the big moments will go away, it's just now the middle scenes will be far less enjoyable reading because these problems are too valid and not really nitpicking.

I did find that offending the Tyrells were that easy to wipe off. Amazing how Tyrell Lannister even found that okay to be with such a force (yes Blackwater Bay exception) only to be a pile of wimps before Daenerys and her bad-ass army of Dothraki's and Dragons.. there was like no weakness in tactic strategy the Lannister's found out while they were allies.

What about the scene where Arya and Sansa talk for almost an entire episode and say hey to Bran? I'm like hey guys... there's army of THOUSANDS of the undead just not too far up north... what are you doing just kicking back with pals? You just want to savor the moment before you LOSE Winterfell again, maybe FOREVER?

Hm. Well.. I just hope the rest of the wall is intact :dry: (kind of funny only eastwatch and only a section of the wall...) why not the middle guys? why the very far right end? I'll never understand undead people.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I've watched all seasons of GoT in 1 month and now I'm reading the books. All those years I thought it wasn't gonna be my thing :fpalm:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm. Well.. I just hope the rest of the wall is intact :dry: (kind of funny only eastwatch and only a section of the wall...) why not the middle guys? why the very far right end? I'll never understand undead people.

It looked like only the part of the wall near Eastwatch fell down, from what I saw.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I agree. One of the amazing things about G.R.R. Martin's storytelling is the connective tissue that allows all the "epic" moments to have emotional payoff and also actually make sense. People make fun of how detailed his books are, but his world is amazingly coherent and complex, which is probably why it takes him ages to write his stories. Even before the Winds of Winter, he has had a few very large gaps between installments of his Song of Ice and Fire series.

Since the show has passed the books, he just gave the TV writers the big moments he was planning, but TV writers simply don't have the time (or ability) to flesh out all the in-between stuff that they used to be able to pull from the books.

They definitely nail the big moments though, I would never say the people who work on Game of Thrones aren't good at what they do.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I am fulfilling the role that the universe has assigned me. :smile:

I mean, it was either that or being The Hand of the King, and no offers for the latter have been coming in....

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree. One of the amazing things about G.R.R. Martin's storytelling is the connective tissue that allows all the "epic" moments to have emotional payoff and also actually make sense. People make fun of how detailed his books are, but his world is amazingly coherent and complex, which is probably why it takes him ages to write his stories. Even before the Winds of Winter, he has had a few very large gaps between installments of his Song of Ice and Fire series.

Yeah... like in the books.... there was loads of stuff foreshadowing or setting up the Red Wedding, although it just seemed like background detail on the first read-through.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah... like in the books.... there was loads of stuff foreshadowing or setting up the Red Wedding, although it just seemed like background detail on the first read-through.

Yes and Jon's parentage thing is TOTALLY woven throughout the whole story, unlike in the show (though obviously I recognize the medium of TV has different demands).

It's a mark of great storytelling, if you can be surprised by a twist, and then go back from the start and see all the foreshadowing and precipitating events.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes and Jon's parentage thing is TOTALLY woven throughout the whole story, unlike in the show (though obviously I recognize the medium of TV has different demands).

It's a mark of great storytelling, if you can be surprised by a twist, and then go back from the start and see all the foreshadowing and precipitating events.

Well, when I was figuring out who his parents possibly were a few years ago, I rewatched the first two episodes and there was a lot of foreshadowing -- yes, a bit between Ned and Jon, but also some very interesting conversations and reactions from Ned while he was riding south with Robert. It's what gave me the idea that ended up being right.