Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1914

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think they've done wonderful things in improving Brienne's quest for the Stark daughters, a plot that I thought dragged for most of the books.
    Before I started watching the show (and I haven't read the books), I remember people dishing up on the books at my gaming group and one guy was complaining about how one of the characters would go around from place to place and all she'd ask is, "Have you seen <so and so>?" and how stupid and repetitive it was. It was driving my friend nuts.

I intuited a bit ago that he was referring to Brienne searching for the Stark girls.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    8w9

It will be interesting how the show changes things up now that many of the big players from the first 3 seasons are 6 feet under.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Before I started watching the show (and I haven't read the books), I remember people dishing up on the books at my gaming group and one guy was complaining about how one of the characters would go around from place to place and all she'd ask is, "Have you seen <so and so>?" and how stupid and repetitive it was. It was driving my friend nuts.

I intuited a bit ago that he was referring to Brienne searching for the Stark girls.
    I would wager that it's correct. It's pretty much what that's like. It's even worse because we already know where the Stark daughters are, and we know that one of them isn't even in Westeros. (they moved this forward a bit). It works a lot better to have her actually meet Arya, and Arya to refuse (which the show sold me on.)
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It will be interesting how the show changes things up now that many of the big players from the first 3 seasons are 6 feet under.
    Oh, I wish I had mad vid-edit skills -- I'd recreate the entire ending to "Six Feet Under," just with Arya sailing off into the sunset (in lieu of Claire driving to NYC), interspersed with the various clips of characters dying and their death plates to the tune of Sia's "Breathe Me."

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I think we should organize a protest over the best character shunned from the season finale:

Damn them!

PS. I meant Ser Pounce.
    Which reminds me that the most horrible deaths for me, have been of the animals (Lady! Kal Drogo's horse!...and the babies being sacrificed)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Two decent interviews, one with Martin and one with Charles Dance.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/ga...finale-martin/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/ga...-tywin-tyrion/
    “I’m not one of these actors that tries to find the good in a character,” Dance added. “If a character is a sh–, he’s a sh–, and you play him full on as a sh– – don’t try and make him nice, you play him full on.”
    I think that's one thing that made Tywin so good -- he was so unapologetic.

EDIT: Oh yes, and the power of denial at work:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

We did see a different kind of throne last night. I stole that from the EW article, though.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

Two decent interviews, one with Martin and one with Charles Dance.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/ga...finale-martin/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/ga...-tywin-tyrion/

I think that's one thing that made Tywin so good -- he was so unapologetic.

EDIT: Oh yes, and the power of denial at work:
    Interesting.

I'm confused about George RR Martin's comment, that Tyrion was at a mental state where he was so hurt by Shae (get it), by Tywin (get it), and by Jamie (don't get it), and that was his mental state when he killed his father.

Why was he hurt by Jaime? Is this something I'm missing as a show watcher? But was mentioned in the books? What did Jaime do to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Interesting.

I'm confused about George RR Martin's comment, that Tyrion was at a mental state where he was so hurt by Shae (get it), by Tywin (get it), and by Jamie (don't get it), and that was his mental state when he killed his father.

Why was he hurt by Jaime? Is this something I'm missing as a show watcher? But was mentioned in the books? What did Jaime do to him?
    Yes, it's because the book gives Tyrion a different reason for killing Tywin and Jaime plays a roll.

I was complaining about the difference in a spoiler above.