• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Harrenhal melted under dragon fire. Stone is little better than ice in that situation. Plus that fire had a bluish tint to it. Not normal dragon fire anymore I'm guessing.

And that's how we get A Song of Ice and Fire.

Sorry I don't know how to put everything in a hide the spoiler format. Honestly though, why would anyone read a GoT thread if you haven't been caught up? I stayed away a few times having seen a few episodes late.

Highlight everything you write and click the ? tag above for the spoiler format.

I usually do this because I almost always reply the night of the episode but beyond that, I feel if you aren't caught up and come to read, you're on your own.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harrenhal melted under dragon fire. Stone is little better than ice in that situation. Plus that fire had a bluish tint to it. Not normal dragon fire anymore I'm guessing.

And that's how we get A Song of Ice and Fire.

Sorry I don't know how to put everything in a hide the spoiler format. Honestly though, why would anyone read a GoT thread if you haven't been caught up? I stayed away a few times having seen a few episodes late.

We usually just have given folks 24 hours as a courtesy... but yeah, realistically people should not be reading the thread for the show unless they have seen the latest episode; it's only asking to have the plot spoiled.

In the past there were a lot of folks wanting to talk about old episodes because they were still binging the series to catch up to the latest season, without seeing the new episodes, and all that discussions typically got interwoven in the thread. Now there are seven seasons of episodes and people could be at any stage of viewing, wanting to discuss things that happened before but not see stuff that happened after their current catch-up point.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Questions:

General comments -

Beorn

Permabanned

Ok, now time for...

PREGNANCY SPECULATION!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Petyr: I heard Daenerys is really pretty.

Sansa: What does that have to do with anything?

Sansa: you betrayed me.

Petyr: Sansa! I love you....

*Petyr dies*

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Problem with Ser Gregor: Too scary to do anything.

Your looks are enough, thank you See Gregor. Said Queen Cercei makeshiftfully

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones finale recap: Season 7, Episode 7
Hibbert has some decent insights. I particularly like his commentary on Cersei and the one rule that she apparently refuses to break.

Links about a particular character's demise:
Game of Thrones actor on shocking season 7 finale death
Game of Thrones showrunners explain that finale death

I think the scene with Tyrion looking on disturbed in the background (or at least melancholy) suggests something went down off-camera between him and Cersei, and he knows something that the others don't that is leaving him mournful (although whether that is something new or just what we learned in the episode about Cersei's true intentions, that remains to be seen).

Beorn

Permabanned
I was re-watching the trial and execution of the very special character this last episode and it reminded me of one of my pet peeves about the show.
NOBODY EVER CLEANS THEIR SWORD OR DAGGER AFTER THEY'VE BLOODIED IT AND BEFORE THEY'VE SHEATHED IT!

I think it's reading Gene Wolfe that's made me focus on this mistake. Severian always cleaned his blade.

Totenkindly said:
I think the scene with Tyrion looking on disturbed in the background (or at least melancholy) suggests something went down off-camera between him and Cersei, and he knows something that the others don't that is leaving him mournful (although whether that is something new or just what we learned in the episode about Cersei's true intentions, that remains to be seen).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was re-watching the trial and execution of the very special character this last episode and it reminded me of one of my pet peeves about the show.
NOBODY EVER CLEANS THEIR SWORD OR DAGGER AFTER THEY'VE BLOODIED IT AND BEFORE THEY'VE SHEATHED IT!

I think it's reading Gene Wolfe that's made me focus on this mistake. Severian always cleaned his blade.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Agreed with all that.

Also, I really like that scene with jon and theon. I thought both were spot on, character-wise, and I liked how Jon did not provide any easy answers for Theon aside from just reminding him who he was. But if Theon wants to change his life, it's up to him.

(Again too, at least the book versions of these characters, they're not very old...It's easy to look at these characters esp after all they have been through as if they have some kind of assurance in life, but they don't know what's coming in the future as much as we don't, and they're all still trying to figure out their lives and live as best they can and don't know if they will die tomorrow.)

Beorn

Permabanned
It's just not a good thing to think too much about the goings ons at Winterfell lately.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The books are not caught up with the show anymore. I'm not sure where Littlefinger is in the books. I mean, isn't Stannis technically still around in the books, as far as they've gone? And Jon either was on the verge of being creamed by the Night's Watch or had just barely already been creamed, and so on.

That's how much further the show is ahead of some of the book plotlines. There's at least twenty characters according to GRRM who are still around in his story who are no longer around on the show. They might have a very different fate in the books when he finishes them or maybe the same basic outcome but through different means.

It'll be interesting to see what gets released in the Winds of Winter or whatever it's called, when it finally does come out (maybe next year?)

It's just not a good thing to think too much about the goings ons at Winterfell lately.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=34788]burningranger[/MENTION]:

This shares a pretty decent general synopsis of the character arcs otherwise at the end of GRRM's last published GoT book (Question 4), including Baelish, plus links to the 11 chapters or so of the upcoming book that have been released in some form on the Internet (Question 3).

The Winds of Winter, explained: what we know about the next Game of Thrones book - Vox

The show mostly passed by the various book arcs anywhere from the end of Season 5 or so through the first half of Season 6 (?). So we're anywhere from 1.5 - 2 seasons off book now. From later in the article:
...(Benioff and Weiss said in an interview with Deadline that they were really making things up from scratch in season six, "other than a few key things.")

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This article is fun: Game of Thrones season 7: each character's strategy, ranked by political science - Vox

I’ve argued before that the best way to think about the White Walkers, from the human point of view, is as a threat akin to climate change — a massive collective threat that humans were ignoring in favor of petty internal squabbling. Jon, to his immense credit, is the only leader who recognized the enormity of the threat early enough to try to rally others to stop it. He’s kind of a Westerosi Al Gore, only he succeeded in getting to run a country.

A week and a day ago I signed up for a free HBO Go trial through Hulu, watched all of season 7 and yesterday I cancelled it. I feel like the Littlefinger of streaming.

Random thoughts:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't read anyone's reactions to the recent season, yet, so perhaps I may be repeating some folks, who knows. Will check on that later.

I've a [very tentative] pet theory for part of next season:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
This article is fun: Game of Thrones season 7: each character's strategy, ranked by political science - Vox

A week and a day ago I signed up for a free HBO Go trial through Hulu, watched all of season 7 and yesterday I cancelled it. I feel like the Littlefinger of streaming.

Random thoughts:

Best part - you can't argue because it's science.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I haven't read anyone's reactions to the recent season, yet, so perhaps I may be repeating some folks, who knows. Will check on that later.

I've a [very tentative] pet theory for part of next season:

I love your pet theory.