User Tag List

First 85898106107108109110118158 Last

Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    LAWFUL NEUTRAL. Didn't you read the showrunners' joke about that?
    What's the joke? I have been scrambling to watch all the episodes from the beginning to the end, before the season 4's finale. I haven't had the chance to read materials about GoT, yet.

Maybe she's just bathing in the Dark SIde, and at the end once she screws Littlefinger over she'll take a shower and be clean once more.
    Oh, she will definitely screw Littlefinger, but as the show shows, if you "play" the game, you cannot remain untouched, you can't go back to blissful ignorance. I don't think Sansa will ever be clean, once she goes to the dark side. You give a part of your goodness, your light, and in its absence, your darkness grows. The underlying theme of the whole show, "What price are you willing to pay, what price do you pay, to play the game of thrones?"

Riva

She should have killed the Hound. That would have been the nice thing to do.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    What's the joke? I have been scrambling to watch all the episodes from the beginning to the end, before the season 4's finale. I haven't had the chance to read materials about GoT, yet.
    See the end of my spoiler here:

Game of Thrones!

Oh, she will definitely screw Littlefinger, but as the show shows, if you "play" the game, you cannot remain untouched, you can't go back to blissful ignorance. I don't think Sansa will ever be clean, once she goes to the dark side. You give a part of your goodness, your light, and in its absence, your darkness grows. The underlying theme of the whole show, "What price are you willing to pay, what price do you pay, to play the game of thrones?"
    You either win or you die.
    Sweat and blood and grime is a small price to pay to survive.

I wonder... if and when the Stark daughters finally meet again (if they do) -- will they even recognize each other?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    She should have killed the Hound. That would have been the nice thing to do.
    I believe George Martin intended to leave it ambiguous. He tends to leave certain situations open-ended, in case he needs to adjust the story around.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

On the book differences with tywin/Tyrian in this last episode.

Big book spoiler yet to be seen in the show... Unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    See the end of my spoiler here:

Game of Thrones!
    Oh! A hidden gem. I love reading your thoughts on GoT. Thanks for the link!

I don't really know about D&D, and the categorization of those things. Lawful neutral? But, yes, Tywin wasn't evil, per se. Not like Joffrey. He was strategic and ruthless in carrying out his plan, but the main goal wasn't enjoyment out of delivering cruelty. If that was the side effect, so be it, but he wasn't motivated by that, and the illusion of power that gave. His speech to Tommen (sp? - Joffrey's baby brother, current king), about what makes a good King was very insightful with regards to his psyche. As well, the way he treated Arya. It was kind of wonderful to see. He respected her chutzpah and her cleverness.

I am unsure about when to add spoiler tags. If it has aired or if it is speculation, why is there a need for a spoiler tag?

Anyway:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    On the book differences with tywin/Tyrian in this last episode.

Big book spoiler yet to be seen in the show... Unfortunately...

I don't mind that. Presumably, we don't get him complaining about "Where do whores go?" for a whole season. I like Tyrion, but I actually found his chapters the least interesting (with the exception of one character who is probably going to be removed entirely from the series) in ADWD (which is actually my second favorite book in the series... I found the first half of ASOS to be slow, after the awesomeness of ACOK).

I think they've done wonderful things in improving Brienne's quest for the Stark daughters, a plot that I thought dragged for most of the books.

They've cut out too much cool stuff from Bran's chapters, though. Up until last night, the most interesting thing on the show was an argument about skinning a rabbit.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post

Did anyone else watch the fight between The Hound and Brienne and feel rather conflicted about who you wanted to win?
    Oh yes. It wasn't in the books but I am fine with the books only being the guide to the show, however, of the two I knew it would be the Hound who dies. And I knew Arya would never put him out of his misery either. He isn't on her list but she isn't kind either. She never was.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Eluded_One View Post
    I believe George Martin intended to leave it ambiguous. He tends to leave certain situations open-ended, in case he needs to adjust the story around.
    Oh yeah. Read into it and there seems to be an open end for him.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think we should organize a protest over the best character shunned from the season finale:

Damn them!

PS. I meant Ser Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I don't really know about D&D, and the categorization of those things. Lawful neutral? But, yes, Tywin wasn't evil, per se. Not like Joffrey. He was strategic and ruthless in carrying out his plan, but the main goal wasn't enjoyment out of delivering cruelty. If that was the side effect, so be it, but he wasn't motivated by that, and the illusion of power that gave. His speech to Tommen (sp? - Joffrey's baby brother, current king), about what makes a good King was very insightful with regards to his psyche. As well, the way he treated Arya. It was kind of wonderful to see. He respected her chutzpah and her cleverness.
    Yes, I see Tywin is more organized than "evil" myself. He was capable of good things if it made sense. But he didn't seem beholden to good or bad per as a way to live, he was more interested in the structure, organization, planning, hierarchy, etc. -- the Order of things.

I am unsure about when to add spoiler tags. If it has aired or if it is speculation, why is there a need for a spoiler tag?
    I usually give it about 24 hours, then I figure it's fair game.

Anyway:
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: