• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahahahaha CALLED IT

Dany and Jon are in looooveeee

called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it

called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it

I figured I have nothing much else to say than Arya, thank you for calling out your sister.

Called it like every single person that watches the show ?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Called it like every single person that watches the show ?

When writing that I didn't care about being technical so I'll just say yes.

While it may be your opinion on this is stupid, this is stupid that, I'm guessing you're not as "involved" and that's ok. I totally get what you mean, but as you said, whateva and just leave our opinions differed.

I don't think the people who make the show is trying to put people based on purely Ima save my own ass intellect, they try to be as human on the show as the writers and directors think they might be

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Apparently the showrunners aren't really sure what they are trying to say about Sansa and Arya either (since the fan base is picking up a variety of messaging)...
'Game of Thrones' fans are creeped out after Arya and Sansa scenes

----

.... I'm involved in the show, but the writers seem to alternate among "Decent," "Adequate but could have been better," "Confusing/Sloppy," and "WTH were you even thinking." And just ignoring the romantic overture stuff...

I mean, even here, we can't agree on what is going on in some of the dramatic plotlines because it is not clear.... not because of character deceit but just a lack of focus/clarity in the writing. And then you get really dumb things like the Walker Mission, which was high risk and little reward. It made no sense to even pursue, as presented. Maybe there was a way to present it that made more sense? They are lucky they only lost what they did, it was far more likely all of them would have been marching for the Night King by the end of that debacle. It's what Tyrion should call winning a small battle but losing the war.

----

A friend of mine watched the episode and said he thought the chains (once he looked at them in HD) were made of ice, not metal. So the Night King just created them on the scene. Considering it's a bunch of links that would have frozen solid in the ice water, it seems kind of crazy -- and what else will he make out of ice? -- but whatever.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Tyrion seems like he's become the voice of the shows fans who have been turned off by its sudden departure from nihilism.

Convincing Cersi might seem like a stupid price to pay for all the risk, but it's for more than that. The goal is to establish danyris as a new kind of ruler which requires as few civilian casualties as possible which requires Cersi to peacefully relinquish the city which requires an alliance against the undead army which requires proof of its existence.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

[quote="The Grapevine]I know we often talk about Daenerys and her privilege dragons, but if our Jon Snow wasn’t lollygagging in the parking lot, one of the dragons wouldn’t have taken a stray bullet to the chest and might still be alive today. Everyone saw the Night King go in the trunk and pull out the gun. They were all yelling for Jon to get in the car, but you know those motherfuckers from the North—they can’t let shit go. Sometimes, you just have to leave a friend behind.

Shout out to Daenerys for being the designated driver. Shout out to Thoros of Myr (rest in power to a true prayer warrior). Shout out to dragons disappeared and ones who died in drive-bys. Shout out to our drunk Uncle Benjen for giving Jon a ride home. Shout out to the fighters. Shout out to the fight. Shout out to the enemy. Shout out to Beric Dondarrion, who told us: “The enemy always wins. And we still need to fight him. That’s all I know.”

Me, too, Beric.

That’s all I know.[/quote]

😂😂😂

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Beric should do audiobooks. I could listen to him talk for quite a long time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think Beric should do audiobooks. I could listen to him talk for quite a long time.

Sometimes people from NI are a little hard to understand but his voice is wonderful. I'm also betting he has stage acting experience, which probably contributes, I'll have to check. I did see an interview snippet where he said many of those flaming sword scenes are real fire and not CGI. Which is also pretty cool.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes people from NI are a little hard to understand but his voice is wonderful. I'm also betting he has stage acting experience, which probably contributes, I'll have to check. I did see an interview snippet where he said many of those flaming sword scenes are real fire and not CGI. Which is also pretty cool.

...That reminds me slightly of the craziness of when they filmed Highlander in the 80's -- those sparks were actually real as well, as they had batteries attached to the swords and every time they clashed the sparks would fly while the actors wondered if they would zap themselves.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just saw the Winter is Trumping on youtube. My life is complete

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When writing that I didn't care about being technical so I'll just say yes.

While it may be your opinion on this is stupid, this is stupid that, I'm guessing you're not as "involved" and that's ok. I totally get what you mean, but as you said, whateva and just leave our opinions differed.

I don't think the people who make the show is trying to put people based on purely Ima save my own ass intellect, they try to be as human on the show as the writers and directors think they might be

Sorry I wasn't trying to do anything, just said my opinion on the episode

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
😂😂😂

So true.

Anyway, the idea that going into white people’s neighborhood and kidnapping a white (literal) crackhead would somehow convince Cersei Trump to help stop the White Walker supremacy movement was as silly as thinking cops would stop shooting black people once everyone saw dashcam and bodycam video.

:D

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Game of Thrones' fans are obsessed by a single, burning detail about that ice dragon scene

I found the chains disappointing (for the extent to which they disrupted suspension of disbelief), and it was validating to see this disappointment was widespread.

Is there some reason the Night King didn't just resurrect the dragon where it was, under the ice? We've seen him resurrect a horde of wildlings by simply lifting his hand. It seems to me like it would have been more cohesive to the story line to leave out the enormous chains and simply wave his hand around.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'Game of Thrones' fans are obsessed by a single, burning detail about that ice dragon scene

I found the chains disappointing (for the extent to which they disrupted suspension of disbelief), and it was validating to see this disappointment was widespread.

Is there some reason the Night King didn't just resurrect the dragon where it was, under the ice? We've seen him resurrect a horde of wildlings by simply lifting his hand. It seems to me like it would have been more cohesive to the story line to leave out the enormous chains and simply wave his hand around.

I think they just wanted the dramatic tension of pulling out a dead dragon, having the Night King calmly walk up to it, and then seeing the dragon's eye flash open... although they could have done that under the water too. (The Night King just walks up to the hole, raises his hands, and then a zoom down below into the water.... where the dragon stirs a bit and then... eyes flash open.)

There's also the question about how you get undead who supposedly cannot swim to swim down and place huge chains on a dragon corpse securely enough so that it can be dragged out of the water.

On the other hand, I think for regular dead he can just raise them from a distance, like he did at hardhome. For true white walkers, like with the babies he turned, I think he's always had to touch them. So maybe that was a requirement? So this creation has more volition and power?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the other hand, I think for regular dead he can just raise them from a distance, like he did at hardhome. For true white walkers, like with the babies he turned, I think he's always had to touch them. So maybe that was a requirement? So this creation has more volition and power?

This makes sense, but (unlike the living babies) the dragon was dead - has he turned anything legit dead into a whitewalker before? I don't think it's happened in the series, so this question is likely for anyone who has read the books.

The notion that it was done for the dramatic tension is what immediately occurred to me as well, and it's disappointing that GoT resorted to such a 'phoned in' technique. It's why I'm kind of hoping there's actually more cohesiveness to it than meets the eye. As is, it seems like 1 of 10 GoT fans could have come up with something better.

(And yeah, there's a sort of paradox involved that: if he has no power over dead things under water, then how did the undead get down there to attach the chains).

eta: All that being said, I am looking forward to seeing what a turned dragon would breath out it's mouth in lieu of fire. Or maybe it's still just fire. :shrug:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New question:

If Benjen is/was a half-zombie, why did the mob attack him, and can he actually be killed? :D

I will assume he is actually out of the picture now permanently because they don't have screentime to do anything more with him.

This makes sense, but (unlike the living babies) the dragon was dead - has he turned anything legit dead into a whitewalker before? I don't think it's happened in the series, so this question is likely for anyone who has read the books.

Maybe it was only mostly dead and can hold its breath for hours at a time?

Plus, it was dropped into ice-cold water, so brain death only occurs a lot later! Resuscitation is possible!

The notion that it was done for the dramatic tension is what immediately occurred to me as well, and it's disappointing that GoT resorted to such a 'phoned in' technique. It's why I'm kind of hoping there's actually more cohesiveness to it than meets the eye. As is, it seems like 1 of 10 GoT fans could have come up with something better.

Well, that has been my gripe ever since they went off-book, but I'll stop there.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A friend of mine watched the episode and said he thought the chains (once he looked at them in HD) were made of ice, not metal. So the Night King just created them on the scene. Considering it's a bunch of links that would have frozen solid in the ice water, it seems kind of crazy -- and what else will he make out of ice? -- but whatever.

I thought the same thing because - where the hell would they get these giant chains?

Beorn

Permabanned

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe he was afraid if he went for the easy target, Jon Freakin Snow would leap in front of the spear and deflect it with his Plot Armor....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought the same thing because - where the hell would they get these giant chains?

If you have the gift of raising the dead... into well more dead.. why the hell not make ice chains easily?

(I'm being sarcastic ;p)