• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really.

Tolkien was consistent in his story telling and wasn't afraid of darkness even after victories were won. Slapping happy arcs on the trail end of a TV series is little more than sloppy writing.

Well, we agree about that.

Yeah totally agree with you, Frodo couldn't bring himself to admit that he succumbed to the ring at first with his friends and family.. yeah the morgul blade brings you endless suffering long after you've been "healed". Elves could suffer years with it perhaps even becoming one of the fallen kings likeness. I'm pretty proud of you Toten to share such knowledge of a great story.

Just think about it that Frodo was rejecting Boromir for the same reason he eventually succumbed to.

Peter Jackson did a great job picking Elijah Wood because he had that innocent look perfect for a hobbit.

Ingrid in grids

Thank you, fumbling staff at HBO Spain.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched the leaked episode because I lack moral fiber. :(

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm it's a short season and episodes are being leaked. I like drawing it out knowing we'll have next year to wait anyway.

Plus I'm watching GoT legally now, so I appreciate the lack of malware and and hate missing out on HD

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
tumblr_n2v49eqU7t1r2vpsgo2_400.gif

Sigh. It was just too tempting...

... I will wait to discuss it until Sunday night, but let's just say it was a much better episode all around and is worth watching. I had a decent enough copy of it but I will rewatch this one in full HD.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm it's a short season and episodes are being leaked. I like drawing it out knowing we'll have next year to wait anyway.

Plus I'm watching GoT legally now, so I appreciate the lack of malware and and hate missing out on HD

This is the real reason I won't watch a leaked episode of anything. I'm a total HD snob, I have a 70 in tv and I don't care.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is the real reason I won't watch a leaked episode of anything. I'm a total HD snob, I have a 70 in tv and I don't care.

Yeah once you go True/Full HD, watching some 460p video really kills the experience, even 720p lol. Maybe these last 2 seasons might come in ultra HD 4K display (unfortunately I'd have to purchase a special monitor to attach it to just to see 4K on my laptop which I may just buy a new one instead down the road in years)

Yeah your huge screen too makes a huge difference in needing that crisp quality.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah once you go True/Full HD, watching some 460p video really kills the experience, even 720p lol. Maybe these last 2 seasons might come in ultra HD 4K display (unfortunately I'd have to purchase a special monitor to attach it to just to see 4K on my laptop which I may just buy a new one instead down the road in years)

Yeah your huge screen too makes a huge difference in needing that crisp quality.

We certainly still go to sporting events but in reality, I can't see game a much better than I can in my own house. The only thing missing is soft serve ice cream in little batting helmet bowls.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We certainly still go to sporting events but in reality, I can't see game a much better than I can in my own house. The only thing missing is soft serve ice cream in little batting helmet bowls.

Yeah the odd thing as we get better and better in the quality of viewing Television... HD seems to bring out details we may not readily see even irl, like the details have been magnified, or maybe it's because we look at one scene so much longer than we do irl (eye gazing and looking away for example)

Haha, that's pretty cute.. yeah there's one thing irl can always beat... and that is always better accessories/supplements. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My TV is only about 55-60", it's a 3D plasma.... I got it for a good price in 2013 (?), but now all that Ultra 4K stuff started coming on. I don't really feel like trading it right now, I'm not sure what a large size 4K 3D TV runs but it's probably outside my price range plus I'd have to hock the old one.

I can get DVD quality downloads on movies/TV shows, but of course it always looks better if I can get an HD download off cable or Netflix. Stuff that is worth watching or buying, I will pick up for more detailed viewing. Today's episode is definitely one of those worth seeing in HD, I think.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My DVR got jammed somehow trying to record this at 9pm.... I was wondering whether there was a load on HBO, but I don't even know if that makes sense. So I had to reboot the whole DVR at 10:25pm and when it came back, the episode wasn't there. I'm re-recording at 11:45PM.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My DVR got jammed somehow trying to record this at 9pm.... I was wondering whether there was a load on HBO, but I don't even know if that makes sense. So I had to reboot the whole DVR at 10:25pm and when it came back, the episode wasn't there. I'm re-recording at 11:45PM.

All this ^^ and I loved Dany's coat!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I forgot about the coat. But that rocked.

Remember, I watched it in mere DVD quality, so I am really looking forward to watching it in HD. I just happened to catch the scene where Jon touches Drogon's face in HD and wow, it was just like incredible from a special effects perspective. Now I'm not sure I want to see this episode in HD, considering some of what goes down... it could be brutal.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I noticed that too. It looked kind of scaly and reptilian like a lot of her clothes, but also fit for colder weather (ignoring the fact that the outfit, like those of most people on this show, excludes any kind of headgear for the frozen wastes... I think the only Northern/wildling headwear I remember is that Ygritte wore sort of an Inuit-type thing). and reminiscent of winter at the same time. I don't think I've seen anything like it before.

I forgot about the coat. But that rocked.

Remember, I watched it in mere DVD quality, so I am really looking forward to watching it in HD. I just happened to catch the scene where Jon touches Drogon's face in HD and wow, it was just like incredible from a special effects perspective. Now I'm not sure I want to see this episode in HD, considering some of what goes down... it could be brutal.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just binge-watched Season 7 Episode 1-6. I'm enjoying it, but clearly it's a series that is being sloppily hastened toward a series end.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahahahaha CALLED IT

Dany and Jon are in looooveeee

called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it

called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it
called it

I figured I have nothing much else to say than Arya, thank you for calling out your sister.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And to salt the wound,

it terribly ruins the first time when you watch a great episode in poorer quality, your visual memory is not as satisfied any more... but wait a few years and forget... but it won't be epic as watching it with "everyone else"

and when I hear Totenkindly excited about an episode in GoT after recently complaining no one important was dying, I had the immediate thought that someone important was dying

... lol

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh stop your whinge-ing... or I'll have to eat every fvck1ng chicken in this room.

gallery-1464105387-the-hound.gif

I just binge-watched Season 7 Episode 1-6. I'm enjoying it, but clearly it's a series that is being sloppily hastened toward a series end.

Thanks, yeah, that came to me last night that maybe the threat was from the other end... it comes out a bit when