First 55595103104105106107115155205 Last

Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2194

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm mainly waiting for the scene where Jamie Lannister fights Rand from the Wheel of Time series. Do you think they'll do that this season?

http://grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
    Turned on some music to start my day
    I lost myself in a familiar song
    I closed my eyes and I slipped away

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    8w9

So non book readers... are your minds blown yet?
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Last edited by Ivy; 06-15-2014 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

Nm: necessary spoilers have been added

Had a feeling when Cersei told Tywin the truth about her and Jaime, and stood up to him against her marriage to the Rose Prince. Whether she will admit it or not, I'm sure she got her resolve from watching Tyrion stand up against his father at the trial.

Tywin's days were numbered when his fearful children started to not fear him any more. Dying at the hands of Tyrion was just desserts. The father who resented him, who took part in framing him for a murder he did not commit, would be murdered by his very son. The ultimate act of usurping his power. Killing him at his most undignified.

What bugged me: WHY couldn't Brienne give Arya the breaded wolf? They were this close. Augh!!

Random thoughts: Ned Stark's brother from the Night Watch, he's still out there? Unaccounted for, right?

I ship Brienne and Jaime so hard. I hope they happen.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow. Some things were predictable, some things were just pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Random thoughts: Ned Stark's brother from the Night Watch, he's still out there? Unaccounted for, right?
    Yeah, Benjen or something? I think he's unaccounted for.

Basically on this show, if I don't see someone die, then I don't accept they are dead.
    After all, when someone DOES die, they tend to go over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    To be honest, my mind was more blown by the Mountain/Viper fight.

Here, pretty much all of it (except for maybe the scene with everyone's favorite ... lady of the night) was kinda predictable or at least made sense even if not specifically anticipated.

I find Tywin's power of denial amazing... to the degree he couldn't even really realize -- after all of Tyrion's responses -- what things he should and should not say and what would truly set Tyrion off.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yes.

I like how they take moments where we might be tempted to relish (like Tyrion and Arya getting revenge) and make it so bitter sweet. The undermining of audience (emotional and narrative) expectation over and over again in this series is so brilliant. I read an observation that the show (and the books) basically subverts traditional fairy tales and even storytelling in general by killing off hero archetypes and the related sentimental and moralistic tropes. Good people die for nothing. True love ends in misery. Revenge is dissatisfying. Evil goes unpunished. Righteousness is elusive. Life is brutal. And yet it never feels like they're being deliberately contrary to mess with us. It feels like a harsh dose of reality and complexity, which elevates the story and makes it much more engaging.

Did anyone else watch the fight between The Hound and Brienne and feel rather conflicted about who you wanted to win?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

This was a really good episode. I bet that's why they skipped a week, just so they could show it on Father's day. Well played.

I thought Benjen was the tree guy at first in the book, but I'm pretty sure he's dead.

I wonder what happened to the guy that's walking around with Ned Stark's bones. Nobody knows what he's up to.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did you guys like the look on Arya's face when the Hound was talking to her there, and trying to goad her to do something for him? (and boy, he pulled out the stops, even making stuff up.)

I couldn't read her at all. It was fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Did anyone else watch the fight between The Hound and Brienne and feel rather conflicted about who you wanted to win?
    Yup, especially considering most people who lose fights seem to die on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I thought Benjen was the tree guy at first in the book, but I'm pretty sure he's dead. [spoiler]He came to Jon in a dream once, said he's a tree now and he's happy. I think that happened when Jon was out with the wildlings
    Reading online to the barest degree possible, I see that the book community apparently is arguing about whether Benjen is alive, dead, living dead, or some other permutation.

I wonder what happened to the guy that's walking around with Ned Stark's bones. Nobody knows what he's up to.
    No one seems to know the answer to that one either.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft