Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2194

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Should that have been spoiler space? There is no confirmation of it in the books.
    I didn't know if it was or not when I posted, and I also didn't want to "ruin the mystery" for others who might be thinking about it, if they wanted to try to figure it out for themselves. Just a courtesy.

I thought the last episode worked better than Blackwater. Blackwater didn't feel as epic to me as it should have.. to the point where I was worried they were going to cut all that cool stuff atop the wall. This episode, though, delivered, and surpassed my expectations. I tend to feel like this show works best when it takes the time to focus more on one location, rather than moving things along slowly episode by episode. Not saying that I'd like all episodes to be one location only next season (that won't happen), but I'd like more longer scenes like the one with Arya and the Hound that closed the premiere.
    It depends on the threads they're dealing with, and I do think in some episodes they've done a really fine job with thematically tying together disparate but parallel narrative threads in an episode; but yeah, there is something to be said about focus. I admit it's pretty much the most I've been able to care about the Jon Snow storyline, despite liking his character.

(Note the jumping around is part of Martin's own book structure.)

Blackwater was pretty underwhelming to me, even as a non-book-reader. To me, it came across as a production/budget/time issue rather than how they wanted to handle it, I'm sure. But yeah -- a bunch of burning ships in the harbor, and what looked like a 25x25 yard with people fighting. Not particularly epic or frightening.

Oh, and I really liked this sentence, by the way. It's awesome.
    Thanks, I was on a roll.... lol.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^ put in spoiler tags. Thanks, Nico, I was speculating but might be revealing something that's not yet revealed.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Only a few more days until the Season 4 66-minute finale.
    Kind of crazy that I've already seen spoiler articles up about it.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 06-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rogue heart

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Predictions for Season 4 finale:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

....hmmmm.... just to throw a huge wrench into the narrative and send all the precariously balanced relationships toppling... what if Tywin were to die right about now?

That would be a gamechanger.

Fans of the A Song Of Ice And Fire novels and the TV adaptation A Game Of Thrones know that horses appear frequently in the series. Some people assume that when I wrote these books, I must have had at least a passing knowledge of horses, but the truth is that when I began, I’d never seen a horse in my life. In fact, I had absolutely no idea what horses even looked like.

I knew horses were animals of some kind, but beyond that, my entire conception of the way these animals actually looked was based on hearsay and my own speculation.
    http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/wh...dnt-know-w-292
    IF THIS IS HEAVEN THEN I'M BAILING OUT

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Best bit -- Brienne at 9:01, I want to just clip that snippet out and post it somewhere!

PS. No spoilers really (for Season 4 at least), it's all before Season 4 came out so they were careful.

EDIT: 10:35 -- omg, Cersei actually smiles.