• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not as comfortable as Emilia Clarke was but pretty funny...

I feel like due to shortness of this show... some major characters won't be given much screen time for their fancy superpowers. *cough* Bran *cough*

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At least Olenna didn't kill a "man"... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*evil laughter commences*

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I didn't. :[

Meanwhile.. while watching my S4 rewatch run through:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched the leaked episode.
I couldn't help myself.

CHEATER

i looked for it the other day but couldn't find it.
I guess I might as well wait until Sunday since i'm busy now.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In Season 4 Episode 7

Melisandre is nude in the bathtub with no necklace on. Selyse Baratheon sees her and conversates as normal..

1) which is the most likely, a fault in the writing that the idea of Melisandre later in the show occurred to the writers, that removing her necklace shows her wicked old age..

2) being nude in the water prevents the change from happening

3) Selyse has a special power with her presence nearby which prevents Melisandre from changing..

4) Melisandre has taken a potion to prevent her reversal without the necklace during her bath time period

5) Melisandre's hair went tied up to a pony tail prevents the age change. [least likely]

6) Being near flames or the light keep Melisandre from changing. [2nd most likely]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was Melisandre's fire out in the episode we saw her age? She was in her room then, and there was a hearthfire in her room, to provide light for the scene.

Like, I'm kind of not even much caring at this point. Either it was a sloppy mistake or... well, there are bigger things I'm curious about at this point....

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, that episode set my heart aflame.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, that episode set my heart aflame.

It was pretty hot.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was pretty hot.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, my thoughts -- aside from "Hot damn, yeah, I saw that coming and we've waited a long time..."

At the very least, at this point I actually do want to read GRRM's text when it's finally released. I'm not reading all the already published stuff, but basically in a show that now often feels like the Cliff Notes version of the tale, I'm curious what the full take on the story is by Martin himself.

Also, during that last sequence, we finally have people we care about on opposite sides put into conflict with each other. This is one of the first real moments of that I have experienced... where something's gotta give, but I don't want it to, I want everyone to be okay. Anytime any of them are in jeopadry, it's a "NOoooooOoOo" moment. But I have a problem with them not being cutthroat about it, i guess; I don't want to feel like the show is coddling characters because of my investment in them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, my thoughts -- aside from "Hot damn, yeah, I saw that coming and we've waited a long time..."

At the very least, at this point I actually do want to read GRRM's text when it's finally released. I'm not reading all the already published stuff, but basically in a show that now often feels like the Cliff Notes version of the tale, I'm curious what the full take on the story is by Martin himself.
I think I've stopped worrying about the geography/time ever since Varys teleported from Dorne to Mereen during the last season finale.
In the book it's like a month to get from Winterfell to King's Landing, at least in Bobby B's wheelhouse.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and today all the inevitable, "Is so-and-so really dead?" Internet articles. :fpalm:

... interesting thing about Dany, though, that is becoming very obvious now that she's actually doing things.

Yes, she is badass (like when she walked through fire while leaving her enemies to perish) and all that kind of thing.

But here are her assets:

- Her blood lineage
- The things she has done (Breaker of Chains, etc)... typically large scale policy decisions that others have implemented for her
- An army of Unsullied and Dothraki
- Inspiring her followers
- Three really big destructive dragons

Many of the other characters that we follow seem to have [formidable] martial skills of some kind. But it was especially clear during the battlefield scene that

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
and today all the inevitable, "Is so-and-so really dead?" Internet articles. :fpalm:

... interesting thing about Dany, though, that is becoming very obvious now that she's actually doing things.

Yes, she is badass (like when she walked through fire while leaving her enemies to perish) and all that kind of thing.

But here are her assets:

- Her blood lineage
- The things she has done (Breaker of Chains, etc)... typically large scale policy decisions that others have implemented for her
- An army of Unsullied and Dothraki
- Inspiring her followers
- Three really big destructive dragons

Many of the other characters that we follow seem to have [formidable] martial skills of some kind. But it was especially clear during the battlefield scene that

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

side note ... that little touch on the arm /steering bit there in the caves. uh wow. I saw it and was surprised there was no reaction to it by the other person when it happened, although their scenes have been rather... weird... in terms of the energy. And very much the dark visage and the light visage and personality styles -- opposites attract?

EDIT: Oh good grief. Apparently it's his trademark move now.
Have You Noticed This About Jon Snow's Seduction Technique?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

side note ... that little touch on the arm /steering bit there in the caves. uh wow. I saw it and was surprised there was no reaction to it by the other person when it happened, although their scenes have been rather... weird... in terms of the energy. And very much the dark visage and the light visage and personality styles -- opposites attract?

They could be like - I just want to bang! bang! bang! and have no idea why. Is this part of the reason he won't bend the knee? Something more subconscious male/female than just his pride?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They could be like - I just want to bang! bang! bang! and have no idea why. Is this part of the reason he won't bend the knee? Something more subconscious male/female than just his pride?

Yes, I'm feeling like it's almost flirtatious in nature, where she pushes on him very hard sometimes without much reason, and yet he refuses to bend... a weird back and forth as if trying to size each other up and mock-sparring.

I read another recap, and apparently this episode had a few line callbacks. Aside from Bran's (as relayed to Baelish), there is also the line here where she asks whether his pride is more important than the lives of his men, and apparently it's something Jon said to Mance Rayder back in Season 3.