FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ I didn't check his pants.

However, I have my suspicions.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Jon Snow explaining sex to Sam Tarly.

FINALLY! A scene I can really get into, like it's a whole other person...
    'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

@Riva:

Here's an older interview I found interesting:
    GAME OF THRONES Season 3 and Season 4 News from David Benioff and George R.R. Martin

It also has a brief mention of the question Martin asked the showrunners while they were pitching him the series and how that played out.

DAN WEISS: He asked us, “Who is Jon Snow’s mother?” We had discussed it before, and we gave a shocking answer. At that point, George didn’t actually say whether or not we were right or wrong, but his smile was his tell. We knew we had passed the Wonka test, at that point.
    But a different article says this:

Martin has yet to reveal the truth on the page, but on Tuesday night’s episode of The Writers’ Room screenwriters David Benioff and D.B. Weiss admitted he had confessed it to them.

The pair described having a five-hour meeting with Martin to pitch their idea to adapt the books as a TV series, rather than feature films.

“At the very end of it he said ‘So who is Jon Snow’s real mother?’ – it was a test question,” Benioff told host, US screenwriter and actor Jim Rash.

“We had talked about it amongst ourselves before, and we had an educated guess, which turned out to be right, which is why we’re sitting here,” Weiss said.

“I’m sure he had met other people who had wanted to work on it, studios at least, who hadn’t really read the books, they’d read the cover,” Benioff said.

“I’d be floored if they’d cracked it,” Nash replied.

Martin, who is writing the sixth of the planned seven-book series, has yet to reveal the truth of Jon Snow’s origins on the page, although many fans believe certain facts in earlier novels point to one likely candidate.
    So it's a little unclear whether they guessed correctly or not, but at least Martin was convinced that they were invested enough in the series to do the books justice.

From a writer's POV, if I were creating a normal story, what I've suggested earlier is the typical way I'd lay the foundation of such a revelation. It's a sensible way to approach the revelation. However, Martin is so well-known for setting up and then destroying expectations that I cannot really say for sure whether he'll throw a wrench into the works. (For example, he could just say, "Well, actually Ned did cheat, he's human like everyone else; and Jon's mother was just a no-name wench who had too many mouths to feed.")

@AffirmitiveAnxiety: I loved that conversation.
    Sam had a number of good ones last night (including the one with Pyp).

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

@AffirmitiveAnxiety: I loved that conversation.
    Sam had a number of good ones last night (including the one with Pyp).
    Oh yeah, Sam really had some nice scenes in this one.

The one with Ollie was also a good moment, however brief.

'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

And yes, the entire episode is at the Wall. No cuts to other plotlines this week.
    I agree with all that. WAAYYY better than the Blackwater battle, which, imo, was very poorly done.

Giants, very badass. Excellent CGI. Gigantic sweeping sythe? Didn't see that one coming. Wicked. That was right on target, leaving a few severed hands stuck in the ice.

Pretty hard to make an action episode on a series that is mostly character, dialogue driven. Good jerb, H-Bo.

Here's that scene with the missile arrow that was epic, wouldn't surprise me if it was taken down soon though:

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor when I saw that.

Only the mammoth was 100% CGI; the giants were actually huge actors green-screened and increased in size.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

here's a guy who does prosthetics work on GoT. Spoilers up to end of Season 3.
    http://io9.com/game-of-thrones-gag-i...ing-1588651613

The guy's instagram feed is here:
    Instagram

here's a guy who does prosthetics work on GoT. Spoilers up to end of Season 3.
    http://io9.com/game-of-thrones-gag-i...ing-1588651613

The guy's instagram feed is here:
    Instagram
    Nice find.

lol mini boss fight