User Tag List

First 519199100101102103111151201 Last

Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2194

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    We're seeing problems with Good people who are noble but not cunning, and we're seeing problems with Good people who are passionate but too headstrong. Good won't triumph just because it's good, it'll be because it manages to be as wise as a serpent, as peaceful as a dove, as resilient as steel, as flexible as the wind.
    Right and I like that about the series, it just appeared repetitive and cheap in this instance. My point about helmets was a joke.

I suppose I'm just not that good at explaining my points.

Although shattering expectations is always an interesting endeavour and one which can bring some interesting revelations when it's pitched right, of course this is all personal perspective. For that reason alone I didn't mind the death of Flanders or the wubbly wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    A lot of yawners here, methinks.
    Actually I'm very low on the empathy test, I rarely if ever yawn when others do.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I bought the Season 1 GoT bluray pack yesterday, which is rather nice since I saw all the episodes originally on lower-quality TV show streaming sites. The images were now very crisp and clear on my 55" TV.

In the pack of goodies, they had a total of 15 short commercial-style snippets for various characters, with the actors explaining the character both in costume and out. I've only watched about 5-6 of them, but I found it interesting to hear from the actors themselves who they thought their characters were:

- Lena Headey actually had a decent sense of Cersei, although I think she credits her with too much intelligence as played. (She seems more like a snake that reacts to any nearby threat, versus true cunning that can bide its time.) She thought that Tyrion and Cersei had the most in common due to the intelligence.

- Peter Dinklage's American voice cracks me up. His voice was far more American and less naturally deep/rich than I imagined; he does a good job at changing his voice at need. Another amusing voice shift: Jason Mamoa AKA Drogo... his normal voice is in the middle pitch-wise and he's kind of amused and easy-going rather than brooding and intimidating.

- Nikolaj Coster-Waldau had an interesting accent -- he's Danish, and I could hear a different inflection in his English than the old English style. He also made a cogent note that Jaime's really not interested in playing the Game of Thrones, which is very true... he's taken more of a "side" position on the whole matter but has no desire to be the Hand, no desire to be in charge of anything. He likes his freedom to respond.

Watching the first episode again and much of the second (S1E1-S1E2), they were far more interesting now that I totally know who the characters are.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Also, a thought about Jon's parentage (potential huge spoilers if I'm right):

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Re: your spoiler on Jon, those are the exact thoughts Noah told me when we first started watching. And he's usually unwilling to spoil ANYTHING from the books for me. So I don't think it has been cleared up in the books yet.

@Jennifer, you theory about Jon is the most widely accepted one among book readers. I, too, believe it to be so.

By the way: There is still someone alive who knows the truth. His children are currently on a journey through the North with Bran.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Thanks @Ivy and @Nicodemus for giving some validity to this.

I just spent some time reading through the one character's history page on the AGOIAF website and I feel 85-90% confident on this... and the other 10-15% I have no idea who else it could feasibly be. Details like this:

That solution seems to fit in SO many ways.

But it hurts to see Ned's and Catelyn's goodbyes in S1E2. Really... Ned loved her so much, and she didn't know the depth of it.

And yeah, Nico -- I couldn't figure out who those kids were when they showed up originally because the name meant nothing to me. Now the connection between the families makes a lot more sense.

Also, I find one of Ned's attitudes interesting:

MBTI
    ENTP

ewe not at all sure about the Jon's theory,

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just watched S4E9. I'm not a big fan of the Wall / Jon Snow storyline (it's one of my least favorites, despite liking Jon as a character), but at least tonight had some zing to it. I'm also a fan of Neil Marshall, from his movies "Dog Soldiers" and "The Descent" (the latter of which being a true fave of mine)... it was good to see him doing another episode of GoT. I felt like this was stronger than Blackwater -- at least, it felt larger and more epic.

And yes, the entire episode is at the Wall. No cuts to other plotlines this week.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I'm about to watch episode 9 and I only have one question:

(book spoiler)

{The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.